GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Car bought on finance and showing problems - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car bought on finance and showing problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My son and I just went to collect some things from the car in the garage car park. Apparently it is ready to pick up and all fixed. Hell that was an awful experience. They wanted to know why I was not going to come back for it. Will have to email them now and reject it.

Comment

Morning, is there anybody who can please tell me if my letter is ok to send today, as I need to know if I do indeed have my right to cancel correct. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Timewilltell View Post

I tried that after putting Lady Di’s in but it wouldn’t accept it?
        I know there's an issue with it jumping to the front of the paragraph once you tag the member - will fix it later as tagging isn't used that much to be honest.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by seaside girl View Post
          Morning, is there anybody who can please tell me if my letter is ok to send today, as I need to know if I do indeed have my right to cancel correct. Thanks
          You should slightly edit it and yes, add the part about your illness - you know how well that works (sorry but you know what I mean ) and also give them a reasonable time to respond; such as 14 days (based on pandemic issues).

However that said, Diana Mayhew - can you confirm if this is good to go please?
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi I have drafted another letter with the changes suggested to me. Have attached it here thanks.

reject letter draft.docx

Comment

I think you will be safe with that. Ultimately is you need to you can elaborate at a later date with a second follow up letter. At least this puts the ball in their court.

Comment

Hi many thanks, as I need to get something off to them in writing, so they need to know where I am coming from re collecting the car. The last thing I want is for them to start chasing me.

I will email it and also send a copy in 'signed for post'. Will send copies to car dealer and Suzuki Finance.

Thanks for keeping with me on this, much appreciated.

Comment

Just keep posting and we’ll keep advising. I suspect they will be kicking and screaming a little but will end up conceding.
                  a strong one line to use if needed is a simple “maybe I should start a debate on social media about the quality of the vehicles and service thereafter”
                  This gets their attention real quick these days.

Comment

Love the strong one line there. Especially since my husband is an editor on the local very much watched, online news forum for the town. Each post gets thousands of likes/comments.

Comment

Well there you go you have an easy passage in to do a customer survey for them

Comment

Ha I did a customer survey last time on them which did not bode well for their ratings. Thing is that is seems to be the actual mechanics that are at fault all the time, not the sales team.

Comment

Unless the sales team are selling something that ain’t there? Quality??

Comment

True

Comment

The Group Aftersales Manager has just phoned me from Chapelhouse Motors, 'absolutely grovelling and offering the world to me', asking me what I want him to do for me to accept the car back. He admitted they were completely in the wrong about the car and the aftersales in the way I was treated. He has even admitted that it did have more faults than the airbag i.e. when it broke down on me and would not start for 5 mins in traffic. Apparently it had electrical faults that they have now fixed, which he guaranteed 100%. He offered me compensation and wanted to know what I wanted him to do for me. I let him talk and talk and talk, as it was really interesting to find out how desperate he was to get me to accept the car back and 'start again', 'we can't turn the clock back and got it wrong on this occasion'.

Interestingly he even knew about my health problems yet said he had not talked to the finance people. However it is the finance people who he 'should' be speaking to as they own the car.

I have it all taped.

I said to put in an email what he was offering me, as I was ready to formally reject the car in writing by tomorrow, needless to say he could not do that.

So basically they have admitted and accepted they were totally at fault, sold me a car not fit for purpose and desperate to put it right and give compensation.

Comment

The choice is yours. Either hold out for a big enough comp to offset any further issues, or reduce loses if you/when you come to sell it. Or just carry on and reject car.

it’s down to whether you have faith in them to honour their word, Trust the vehicle etc ?

Comment

Working...
                                X