GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Car bought on finance and showing problems - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car bought on finance and showing problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diana Mayhew

why can’t I get Colin’s name tagged on here? It doesn’t come up?

Comment

Colin G Quinn
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Timewilltell View Post
        why can’t I get Colin’s name tagged on here? It doesn’t come up?
        Done above.

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by seaside girl View Post
          Hello Diana, thanks for your reply. The finance company is Suzuki Financial Services Ltd
          Then you may be looking at a potential section 75 CCA claim involving the finance provider

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
            I tried that after putting Lady Di’s in but it wouldn’t accept it?

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

Then you may be looking at a potential section 75 CCA claim involving the finance provider

Di
              Is that the section that I referred to? Couldn’t remember the number just remember Martin Lewis mentioning it before now.

Comment

Hi all, apologies for late reply as only just come in from work. Thank you all for stepping in to help me it is 'very much' appreciated. Diana I am trying to work out what you mean re the Section 75 CCA claim, it is very deep. 'Misrepresentation or breach of contract', I assume is because the car was not fit for purpose or as sold to me. Therefore the creditor (Suzuki Finance) and the supplier (Chapelhouse Motors) are jointly responsible. Suzuki Finance email is Blackhorse, not Suzuki.

Chapelhouse have been unusually quiet today, the salesman must have been told not to contact me and back off, as he has, up to Friday been in constant daily contact. Suzuki Finance said it could be up to 5 days before they get back to me. I have quite a few of the phone calls recorded as we have a Truecall system.

What I am unsure about is what my next step should be.

I intend to go in tomorrow to Chapelhouse and get my belongings out of the car, as I do not want it back. Is it a good idea to converse with the supplier, Chapelhouse whilst there, or just wait to see what Suzuki Finance have to say first do you think, which could be next week? I feel since I took delivery of the car that the weeks are going by, and I am aware of the 30 days time limit I have to reject the car which is getting very close.

Should I get a letter into the supplier to say I reject the vehicle before the 30 days are up please?

Comment

I would definitely put a letter together to both the dealer and finance company informing of you ‘right to reject’ the vehicle making reference to section 75.
                  had a quick google from Martin Lewis and found this?
                  https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/re...our-purchases/

hope this helps.

Comment

Don’t know if there is a template letter as such? Anybody?

Comment

Morning, yes I found this link https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rig...-from-a-dealer

That is great re credit cards and good to know for the future, but I paid the deposit with a debit card and it won't be the same will it?
                      Thanks

Comment

Then again I just found this: debit card have a thing called chargeback
                        https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.u...ou-pay-by-card

In future I will pay things with credit card definitely

Comment

Hi I have put together this letter, can anybody please tell me if it is ok to send? Thanks
                          Attached Files

Comment

I would add a line at the end giving them 7 days to action the Cancelling of the agreement and to reimburse your expenses/costs.

Without having the Acts to hand I can’t comment as to whether there is any more legal content to include.

Diana Mayhew Colin G Quinn

Comment

Hi many thanks. I did have a timeline on the first letter I wrote, however due to a few different payments on the car due out at different times within the month, I am unsure whether to do that, just in case another payment came after the timeline set. Direct debits sometimes take a week or two to cancel properly.

Comment

Not sure if I also should put my health problems down in the letter: epilepsy caused by a brain tumour which is worsened by stress (hence this is one of the reasons why I have decided to reject the car rather than carry on with them)

Comment

Working...
                                X