GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Car ad magazines - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car ad magazines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car ad magazines

Right my Galaxy has blown headgasket and being a V6 would of been to costly to repair so I have scraped it.

Now I need to get another car preferably a small MPV or an Estate but only have £800 - £1000 spare so with that does anyone know of other advertisement magazines apart from autotrader?

Some tips of where to look would be great

Willing to travel upto 100miles from Portsmouth.

Thanks

Re: Car ad magazines

Have you tried Gumtree, and don't forget Ebay as well, usually some bargains in the local freebies as well, bit of patience and I'm sure you will drop on a bargain.

Comment

PF, car advert magazines are becoming pretty extinct these days, most stuff is advertised on the web
      Even Autotrader is going this route.
      You could also take a look on EBay, or even sit and ring round your local main dealers to see if they have any swappers due in, stuff they normally just ship out to the auctions, you never know, there are bargains to be had with a bit of searching

Good luck

Comment

Not many main dealers will sell a trade car to the public, they tend to use 2 - 3 traders who take most of the unwanted stock off their hands.

Your best bet to try and get one of these cars is to ask the sales manager at the dealership for the phone number of the traders he sells to and buy from one of those guys (tell the manager your price range of the banger you wish to buy and he will put you onto the right chap)

Shame you are too far away from me, otherwise I could have maybe helped you out.
        Last edited by Bricktop; 13 July 2012, 21:23.

Comment

Quiet like the look of this just checking parkers car review on it.

Renault Scenic Privilege Plus ( fully loaded ) in Portsmouth, Southampton | Used Renault for sale | Gumtree.com

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
            I did have the use of a Scenic the same year as that one, it was a nice car, fuel was averaging about 28mpg around town but on a run to Wales it was 46mpg, loads of room and storage boxes everywhere, under the seats and all sorts, wouldn't hurt to try it

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
              Not many main dealers will sell a trade car to the public, they tend to use 2 - 3 traders who take most of the unwanted stock off their hands.

Your best bet to try and get one of these cars is to ask the sales manager at the dealership for the phone number of the traders he sells to and buy from one of those guys (tell the manager your price range of the banger you wish to buy and he will put you onto the right chap)

Shame you are too far away from me, otherwise I could have maybe helped you out.
              Good advice mate, I have used the same system myself. One of the best cars I ever had came via this route. After 2 years I sold it for £500 more than I paid originally. I went back to the dealer who remembered me. He told me to go away in a short jerky fashion as they had cocked up and sold me the motor with a full MOT and service for the same price as they had paid for it.

Also chances are if it comes from the main dealer who originally sold it then it will have a genuine history.

Regards, Handy
              Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
              Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Pomps, my old motor has a tappet problem and probably wouldn't pass the emission's on its next MOT. It's not leaving a smokescreen, The exhaust looks quite normal. You have probably read my tales about it. It's safe to drive. I have spent a small fortune on it.

If you think it might help out for a while?
                It's a 7 seater Mitsi Space wagon Auto, in good clean condition. Tested till Jan 2013. If it would help you can have it for £200. That's £50 over scrap and I will leave the CD/MP3 Blue Tooth hands free radio in.
                That's worth £75.

If I didn't think it would last a while I wouldn't offer it to a friend.

Regards, Handy
                Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
                Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Got me a nice bargain:

citroen xsara picasso 2003 1.8 16v 10 months mot 5 months tax immaculate inout needs to go today... in North London, London | Used Citroen for sale | Gumtree.com

Just got back had to train it all the way to Ilford North London but was worth it. Done a HPI Check before I left and all was clear.

Comment

"water pomp full service"?

Just got back had to train it
                    At least you can be sure it's house-broken.

Comment

Well done PF, sounds like you got a bargain mate

Comment

Agreed pompey....sounds like & looks like a cracking buy!

I had the same a few months back as a courtesy car LOVED the drive didnt want to hand it back!!

Comment

The Guy was a Nigerian uni student and was heading back to Nigeria today while on break from Uni and as his plane was early this morning was in a rush to sell hence the knock down price and why I was willing to get train and tube to Ilford to collect it.

It had a major service on the 12/07/12 costing £392.

So all in all well chuffed

Comment

Plus you also have his bank draft for £900?

Comment

Working...
                            X