GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script 101 MPH - Is it a ban? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

101 MPH - Is it a ban?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 101 MPH - Is it a ban?

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
    Should ask, are they registered keeper and did they get the NIP within 14 days ?

M1
    It was in company van

Registered to a massive organisation
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
      But the road between Leeds and York is obviously not in Scotland (unless someone has moved the Border AGAIN )
      Cheeky sod

Says Mr Welsh
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

But the road between Leeds and York is obviously not in Scotland (unless someone has moved the Border AGAIN )
        Since this site is aimed at the UK Scots can read it and the info may come in handy

M1

Comment

Scots can read
          Would I get banned?
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
            It was in company van

So probably a 60 mph limit then.

M1

Comment

Would I get banned?
              Might have to do the Foxtrot, Oscar.

M1

Comment

Might have to do the Foxtrot, Oscar.

M1
                You made I laugh mysery1
                "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

I expect he is confused and his wife was probably driving the van at the time If not then I'm pretty sure Geoff Hoon's wife was driving his van at the time. In fact I've recently learnt that I'm very good at driving my daughter's Mini although evidence suggests that I have no understanding of speed limits

Comment

Some time ago, well a few months back, I posted about my oldest son, he got caught speeding early hours of the morning, by Thames Valley Police (you know the ones, always on TV) LOL.

My son was very lucky to have got away with a speed awareness course, but realistically should have had the points and fine, the cops messed up and did not issue my son at the time with a NIP, but details of a course, but 2 weeks down the line, he received the letter from the penalty office which states fine of £60 and 3 points, so I argued this and said this is the first we heard of this because my son was given details of a course which was agreed at the time by 2 officers.

(Yet there was some issues on the recorded speed).

Anyway, will not go on about it because it's not my thread lol, but if your mate has his doubts of the speed I believe he can ask for some proof from the penalty office.

Check on Pepippoo for more details.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                      It was in company van

Then there's no way of proving who was driving at the time..... unless someone at the company coughs up that information.

A friend of mine went to court over something similar. It was a company vehicle registered to his own company and although he was driving at the time, they couldn't prove it and he didn't admit to it. Case dismissed.
                      Remember the mantra:
                      NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
                      Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
                      Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

The first NIP/172 goes to the registered keeper and must be within 14 days. Subsequent forms wil follow but have no time limit. (other than they can't prosecute if the information isn't laid with the court within 6 months of the offence).

For a company it could go :- Leasing company names the company who then name the driver who gets their own form. Without the driver getting a form there is no crime under s172 (failure to furnish drivers details) for the driver but should be for whoever did not reply. There is no evidence for speeding so a conviction is unlikely in that scenario.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                          Some time ago, well a few months back, I posted about my oldest son, he got caught speeding early hours of the morning, by Thames Valley Police (you know the ones, always on TV) LOL.

My son was very lucky to have got away with a speed awareness course, but realistically should have had the points and fine, the cops messed up and did not issue my son at the time with a NIP, but details of a course, but 2 weeks down the line, he received the letter from the penalty office which states fine of £60 and 3 points, so I argued this and said this is the first we heard of this because my son was given details of a course which was agreed at the time by 2 officers.

(Yet there was some issues on the recorded speed).

Anyway, will not go on about it because it's not my thread lol, but if your mate has his doubts of the speed I believe he can ask for some proof from the penalty office.

Check on Pepippoo for more details.
                          I remember your thread because you were betwixt and between the agonising decision of any parent when their child has broken the law and the overwhelmingly need to defend their position no matter what (been there done that).

My baby (age 20 at the time) didn't 'get it' with speed limits. She was caught on camera doing f*ck all in a street in London. Nobody died. Nobody would have died.

I sorted it. But I also read her the riot act. We dealt with the issue in house.

Maybe sometimes Mums know best how to handle this stuff. It's what we do
                          Last edited by PlanB; 16 April 2012, 20:26.

Comment

Di 30. Maybe post a link to your thread on here because driving dangerously (or not) is a moral issue not just a legal one

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                              I remember your thread because you were betwixt and between the agonising decision of any parent when their child has broken the law and the overwhelmingly need to defend their position no matter what (been there done that).

My baby (age 20 at the time) didn't 'get it' with speed limits. She was caught on camera doing f*ck all in a street in London. Nobody died. Nobody would have died.

I sorted it. But I also read her the riot act. We dealt with in house.

Maybe sometimes Mums know best how to handle this stuff. It's what we do

Yes that is right hon, and I think he was very lucky to be honest, in hope now that he's learnt from it. (I certainly hope so).

I wanted him to do this course, as it was not just a standard one, it went on for a good few hours, and then he had to complete the online courses (pass them) to complete within a timescale, so almost 2 months of it really. It did mean that he had to travel back to London, but it had to be done, whether or not it will help then only time will tell I suppose.

We will always worry about our kids, no matter what age won't we?
                              I did yell at him, but was so angry, and said he was putting himself and everyone else in danger.

I really think these days, these courses should all be a must, but before they even get out on the roads, even as a learner.

Roads can be quite scary these days.

But yes, I agree with you, I think mum's know best, I know that too now from my own mum.

Comment

Originally posted by PriorityOne View Post
                                Then there's no way of proving who was driving at the time..... unless someone at the company coughs up that information.

A friend of mine went to court over something similar. It was a company vehicle registered to his own company and although he was driving at the time, they couldn't prove it and he didn't admit to it. Case dismissed.
                                Sorted
                                My daughter's Mini is Black not White. Ticket invalid sorted

Comment

Working...
                                X