GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script PCN from APCOA - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PCN from APCOA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN from APCOA

Hi,
    My wife received a notice to keeper letter from APCOA for parking in a leisure centre car park.
    The driver parked there while visiting a soft-play area and was there for 90 mins.
    However, the driver said they had parked there before and hadnt seen any notices requiring payment.
    Whether or not the notices have been put there recently I dont know, but the charge is 50p for 2 hours.
    The notice they have sent is a charge of £60 (£30 if paid within 14 days).
    There is a photo of the car on their web-site, but you can't see if there is a valid ticket is displayed in the windscreen.
    I assume that the photograph wasn't taken by a ticket warden, as there would have have been a PCN attached to the windscreen?
    My questions are

1) Is this "fine" proportionate to the alleged offence ?
    2) Are they required to show photographic evidence of a close-up of the windscreen without a valid ticket on display?
    3) Might they have another photograph which they haven't shown as evidence, which shows a close-up of the windscreen?

HI Westham1

1st goto http://forums.pepipoo.com to get info on grounds for appeal, then your appeal (which will probably be rejected) should answer your questions above.

Comment

Originally posted by CAPS ESC View Post
      HI Westham1

1st goto http://forums.pepipoo.com to get info on grounds for appeal, then your appeal (which will probably be rejected) should answer your questions above.
      Thanks Caps,
      I did that and sent the appeal letter they recommended.
      Surprisingly my appeal was accepted and they agreed to cancel.

Comment

Originally posted by Westham1 View Post

Thanks Caps,
        I did that and sent the appeal letter they recommended.
        Surprisingly my appeal was accepted and they agreed to cancel.
        It's no surprise - 99% won't argue so they get away with plenty and thus those who appeal usually get theirs wiped off. I had another wiped earlier this year as well
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X