GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Help to gain a little weight - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help to gain a little weight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help to gain a little weight

I meant "I had" not have a lovely tea lol xx

Comment

I can find plain boiled rice quite boring also. Theres loads of ways to jazz it up a bit, even try turning it into sticky rice or something like that, always tastes a little better, and as you say, add some tuna etc.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Cheers again

I had a disappointing Microalbumin (urine result) back today, am so gutted I even sobbed my heart out.
        It was something like 2.1 under a year ago and now its shot up to 4.4, not good!

My Dr now forwarded the result on to my neph, as I have that appointment on the 24th of this month, am so scared x

Comment

Have you done a 24 hour yet urine Di? Sometimes individual samples can vary depending on diet, exercise, infections etc etc.
          Please try not to get despondent, maybe cut back on the proteins a bit more and increase the carbs, fruit and veg? That meal sounded lovely but it was lacking in fat/oil, some nicely flavoured olive oil as a dressing together with the lemon, or even frying the rice in oil with a bit of turmeric and chopped basil, ginger etc would add calories and give more flavour. Turmeric is excellent as an anti clotting agent too.
          Keep your chin up honey xxx

Comment

I'm so sorry you are so down, I'm sending you a massive hug Di
            "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Thank you If, aww xx

I feel a little bette and calmer today.

I agree with the oils etc i do need more of it. I do actually add Extra virgin Olive oil and fresh lemons to my food but definately need to work more on the carbs for sure.

I also think the neph will order the 24 urine test because as you said we cant just go by that. Hopefully it will prove otherwise :-)

Thank you IF and everyone else for your superb support, love you all lots xxxxx

Comment

I missed the "R" from better lol xx

Comment

At my nephrologist appointment last week I have gained a few more pounds just as recommended :-)

Thank you all for your help X

Comment

Aww bless you, that's great news Di

How did it go kidney-wise? xx

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
                      Aww bless you, that's great news Di

How did it go kidney-wise? xx
                      Thank you sweetie. xx

It went pretty well thanks for asking, they did explain my right kidney is larger than the other due to the previous scans, left at 10.2 and right 8.4 something around that, but no worries.
                      Happy there's no protein in the water this time round, still a trace of blood (not naked to the eye)but was told its normal with kidney disease.

However, all other labs normal, apart from the function but its stable still at stage 3.
                      I go back again on the 16th December for another follow up.

So far so good, just hoping to stay stable :-) xxx

Comment

I mean the left kidney smaller than the right lol...... x

Comment

That's great news honey
                          You're obviously doing all the right things! xx

Comment

It's all looking good Di...keep taking care of yourself x
                            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

thank you all and for your support XxXx

Comment

I was naughty earlier and treated myself to a cheesy/chicken wrap, it was lovely too

Comment

Working...
                                X