GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Dentist -- NHS or private - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dentist -- NHS or private

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dentist -- NHS or private

Originally posted by Pip View Post
    Yep, molar problem here too PriorityOne. Hopefully just one or possibly two neighbouring ones. No pain yet, but the longer I leave it ... !
    If you have an NHS dentist that you already know and trust, then I would certainly stick with him or her!
    I finally went myself last week.... and despite thinking I would need root canal work, was surprised to hear I'd only need one filling in that molar that was causing the problem.

I have booked for 6 months time and will maintain this from now on....
    Remember the mantra:
    NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
    Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
    Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: Dentist -- NHS or private

I had a similar dilemma a couple of years ago, decided to go private and was not happy at all with the result. I always felt as if he was on the verge of trying to sell me a mobile phone contract too!
      Last time I took pot luck and registered with the only local dentist taking on new patients...and found myself with the best dentist I've ever met!
      It's all down to individuals really, be it private, NHS or Hospital.
      I used NHS Choices to find my dentist...you can see which ones are taking on new patients in your area, and some have reviews.

http://www.nhs.uk/Pages/HomePage.aspx

Glad you're on the way to sorting it out!

Comment

Working...
      X