GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script How old were you when you cut the pinny strings? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How old were you when you cut the pinny strings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spent2much
    replied
    Re: How old were you when you cut the pinny strings?

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
    Im 34, i left home about 4 years ago.

I admit, i still take my washing round to my mums, mainly cos i dont have a tumble dryer and it takes forever for my clothes to dry at home LOL

But i actually believe your mother when she says she enjoys it, i think my mum does too, We will always be our mothers son, and some mothers will always treat us as their little boy regardless of age.

I do consider myself to be be able to stand on my own two feet tho.
    My eldest is 26 with an 11 month old baby boy and he always comes to see me nearly everyday, since his accident as he isn't working now but he is a mummy's boy and i love it lol ,but he has his own life and i just think he loves his mum

Leave a comment:

• cymruambyth
    replied

I suppose I have been really lucky and only cut the pinny strings when dad died earlier this year!

I left home to go to uni and then work, followed by marriage and children, however I have always had my room at my parents house, even when they moved home. As they moved to Cornwall over 30 years ago, once I had children we used to spend all the long holidays visiting them. Once my children were older they all had holiday jobs in Cornwall and treat my parents' home as their home leaving clothes, toys bikes etc there.

Now is the hard time as once dad's house has gone, everything will end.

Leave a comment:

• Spent2much
    replied

Originally posted by ken100464 View Post
    If your dentist is wanting to see your underpants then I think a new dentist should probably be looked for

Leave a comment:

• Spent2much
    replied

i was sent to boarding school at aged 12 so i never really felt close to my parents or brothers , i left school at 17 and got married at 18 so i have been independant since aged 12 .

I pamper my husband and spoil him rotten i did the same with my son's, but its just the way i am i like to look after them , maybe because i never had the love and attention when i was a little girl .

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied

Originally posted by ken100464 View Post
    If your dentist is wanting to see your underpants then I think a new dentist should probably be looked for

What she always did no matter where you were going, always had to have clean clothing on, but the clinic dentist was what I remember asking Mother about, the answer was you never know if you were taken ill and went to Hospital at least you you had clean underwear!

Leave a comment:

• ken100464
    replied

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied

That is one thing I did not understand, Mother use to say change your underpants to see the Doctor o.k., but the clinic Dentist?

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Lol. My mum died when I was young

I live 40 miles away from dad. Never been to see us once - been here 6 years! Lol

Leave a comment:

• diddlydee
    replied

I'll be your mummy, Nids. Have you remembered to change your underpants today?

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Left at 17 to move to "the city" (london). Not only have I never been back, I don't talk or acknowledge any parents.

Such is life.

Happy with my family and my kids who are welcome anytime (until aged 20)

Leave a comment:

• di30
    replied

Left home at 15, but the door was always open at home.

My sister had a new flat and asked if i could just keep her company for a while, so it went from there really, and I never exactly returned home from then on, but did stay the odd night at mum's.

Leave a comment:

• jon1965
    replied

Do we ever?
    I think if you live in a not too dysfunctional family there will always be a connection. Then if you have a mother of a certain generation who was brought up to be a servant to their men folk they take on that role.

Leave a comment:

• cymruambyth
    replied

P1, what goes around comes around. My brother in law was he same always having meals etc.. Then it reached the stage that she needed to cook and see him. Now he is the one that she calls all times of night and day. He has no family of his own and is selfish. The other brothers have families and can't run around their mother, so it has balanced out in the end.

Leave a comment:

• Jacobs Cracker
    replied

Thanks for your thoughts guys.

As much as it irritates me, he is my brother & I care about his welfare, there will come a day that my mum won't be there & I wonder how he'll cope. I just wish he had learnt a few life skills along the way.

Enforcer; I think you may have me a little wrong. Yes the situation does upset me & I know that my mum firmly believes in what she is doing, I just don't think she has thought of the future. And yes, I have fallen on hard times, I won't go into now but have faced some very bleak moments in life & know that both my mum & dad would give their right arm for me if needed. I'd like to think however that I have got a slightly healthier look on the subject than what my brother has.

Leave a comment:

• oldyboy
    replied

Similar to Tech Clerk. Joined RAF at 19 and never went back, not to live anyway.

Jacobs, I take it your bro lives on his own. Your mum might be feeling she's doing her duty as he doesn't have anyone to look after him. IMHO he's really the one you should be having words with. Unfortunately it seems there are loads more like him!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X