GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Has anyone received a letter about Over or Underpayment..... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone received a letter about Over or Underpayment.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Has anyone received a letter about Over or Underpayment.....

OK Bit weird (but I am not complaining!) I got another tax rebate......... quickly banked!

Comment

HMRC to suspend website on April 5

Read at AAForum Blog:

HERE
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

HMRC runs out of paper, leaving hundreds of thousands of people without tax reminder letters

HM Revenue and Customs has admitted it ran out of paper, leaving it unable to send out hundreds of thousands of reminder letters to people owing tax payments.
        Internal Forum News Link: allaboutFORUMS - View Single Post - Latest Forum Media News Headlines( Part 2)
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by 5corpio View Post
          HMRC runs out of paper, leaving hundreds of thousands of people without tax reminder letters

HM Revenue and Customs has admitted it ran out of paper, leaving it unable to send out hundreds of thousands of reminder letters to people owing tax payments.
          Internal Forum News Link: allaboutFORUMS - View Single Post - Latest Forum Media News Headlines( Part 2)

That's absurd - though not surprising.

It seems like they've run out of cheques too because I've been waiting ages for my tax refund. They must be earning a fortune in interest if they're doing it to everyone.

I had to wait for ages last year too, but not this long. It was a good job I did have to wait because otherwise I would have just gone for bankruptcy as I was waiting for the tax refund to pay the BR fees.
          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Originally posted by pixie View Post
            They must be earning a fortune in interest if they're doing it to everyone.
            They do, notice the rate of interest on late repayments as opposed to late payments.

HM Revenue Customs:Frequently asked questions

Comment

Avoid the issue of having to pay for an 0845 number from your Mobile:
              HMRC Landline Number Tel: 01355-359022

Comment

OH has a pension and employment. Tax demands for underpayment on two years. Sentvin the A19 argument, supposed to be reviewed in July 2011. No communication until March 2012 when tax man states that even though they are aware of both incomes via PAYE they are still not claiming enough and the underpayment is increasing!
                Watch this space.

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
                  Looks like lots of people have been receiving communications from HMRC regarding over/underpayment of taxes. I was lucky to get an overpayment one that I had no idea about, dating back to 2006/08, along with a cheque. When I went to the bank they said there had been lots of similar cheques being paid in, that was around a month ago.

Strange that they should be going back so many years with both under and overpayments, sounds like they may be having some kind of internal audit.
                  i think they can go back the last 6 years FP.........but what they have done, is in one big chunk of the tax - rather than doing it each tax year writing seperate - as i got stung for 2007/2008 on Tax as i had a company car (even though i was given 6 different tax codes, they HMRC & EMployer still F*cked things - My father retired ill - got stung on company car tax £1500 .......)

Comment

I got one about a month ago for an underpayment for 2007/2008, I phoned and argued and the guy said it wasn't actually a demand and I wouldn't get one cos it was their mistake, why bother then?

Comment

Tax rebates soon for 3.5 million

About 3.5 million taxpayers will receive a tax rebate in the next few weeks, averaging £379 each, for the 2011-12 tax year. Another 1.6 million people will be told they have underpaid and now have to pay on average £537 each. HM Revenue & Customs said the letters were due to its annual reconciliation of peoples' PAYE tax codes against their final earnings and tax payments. This year the letters are going out two months early, HMRC said.

"We are pleased that we are able to start this process more quickly than in previous years, giving money back to those we owe and delivering certainty to those with something to pay," said Stephen Banyard of HMRC. Similar exercises have been controversial since the introduction of a new PAYE computer system in 2010. This revealed the need for extra tax adjustments which had been overlooked by the previous manual systems. Eventually they affected 22 million people, going back as far as 2004-05. Last year, the normal reconciliation exercise saw nearly five million people being told they had either overpaid or underpaid tax in 2010-11. HMRC explained that the main reason for people having to pay more, or being sent a refund, was that their circumstances had changed during the course of the year....Read more here: Tax rebates soon for 3.5 million

Comment

Shame that they can't reply to any letters though!

Comment

Working...
                        X