GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Jobcentre minus: As jobless toll soars, finding a jobcentre has become more difficult than ever - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jobcentre minus: As jobless toll soars, finding a jobcentre has become more difficult than ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jobcentre minus: As jobless toll soars, finding a jobcentre has become more difficult than ever

Originally posted by Flowerpower
    Lovely job desc:
    "opportunity to work for awkward IT non-professional
    Salary: £0k & 50% guaranteed bonus"

sounds great eh?
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Re: Jobcentre minus: As jobless toll soars, finding a jobcentre has become more difficult than ever

<arguments> Yeah yeah yeah, been hearing this ever since the days of Jacob Nielsen's "Flash: 100% bad". It must have been 2000 or 2001! But there are good rea$on$:
      1. They started offering interactive stuff on CD before my time and some still want CDs - Flash lets you re-purpose for web/CD use in 10 minutes (well, I do it in 10 mins with a variable and a few lines of code, my boss charges for a week's work!).
      2. They also offer a paid mobile based service so they wouldn't want the web stuff to be accessible on mobiles, would they?
      3. Anybody can edit HTML content, however, if someone wants to update Flash content they have to go back to the source, you know what that mean$$$...

We all have to eat and pay our bills - in my case just eat! </arguments>
      HAHAHAHAHA

Jacob Nielsen <--- that dweeb that said that all images should be super high resolution, no lower than 1mb in size .. when everyone in the world was on DIALUP!

I remember I had some Dutch company trying to tell me how to build websites reading from the book by Mr Nielsen, so I followed their advice and put on the top of the page, please note that all images on this site are huge, as per recommendations by (chaps name) from (company name) who learnt website building from Jacob Nielsen's latest book, please do not try to view anything unless you are sitting in work on your T1 connection even then you may have to make a cup of coffee whilst it loads. Any complaints please email (chaps direct email address)

The site went live, as it was for the EU 'leaders', they were not very impressed and emailed a number of complaints to him, and myself.
      The funniest part that due to EU regulations, no changes could be done to the website until it had been passed through all 12 heads of the EU who had to sign off the recommendations.

Needless to say I got my way, he got ridiculed and Jacob Nielsen was never mentioned again in my office.

Flash is good for presentation work, for websites its shite. I would rather run it as FCGI than use flash!

Comment

"FLASH---ing" I thought that was an offence committed by dirty old men in long brown raincoats!

Garlok

Comment

You guys were sooo lucky back in those days! Nowadays you'd have 25+++ EU Heads to deal with!
          one of the benefits of being ahead of the game

Comment

Hi P1,

Just back to conspiracy theory a bit. I could not remember the name of the site but if you put "Thirst for Justice" into your search engine you will find a very interesting site. Some years ago I looked at this stuff and couldn't follow it all properly because the CIA (allegedly) kept closing it down and the owner had to keep moving it around.

I did check up on some of the statemenst made like in the "American Holocaust" section and those peculiar sealed railway sheds with funny vents on the roof do exist in Arizona.

Don't blame me if you get nightmares but the really interesting stuff surrounds the financial and banking machinations.

regards
            Garlok

Comment

Here's the actual link, its been moved again:-

>http://www.prolognet.qc.ca/clyde/eng.htm

regards
              Garlok

Comment

Working...
              X