GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Interview Techniques - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interview Techniques

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Interview Techniques

Confused,

Good Luck have my fingers crossed that you get that call.

Well Done

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
      Confused,

Good Luck have my fingers crossed that you get that call.

Well Done
      thanks PF....

just trying to think what questions i was asked to help anyone else in this position.....

1. Tell me about yourself
      2. Tell me about your work experience that specifically relates to this job
      3. What did you like about your last job?
      4. What do you know about our company? (she was very interested in what i knew, i am so glad i swotted up!)
      5. On your cv you said you have experience of xxx, please could you explain this in more detail?
      6. This job will mean working on your own mainly, how will you handle this?
      7. Why are you leaving your current job?
      8. Why should we hire you?
      9. What interests you most about this position?

that's all i can remember....xx

Comment

Just had a phone call to say that I've got an interview next week

Hope I can keep my nerves in check!
        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

All the very best of luck to you, Pixie.
          You deserve some good luck, so I hope it turns out to be the job for you.

diddly x
          If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pixie View Post

ooh brilliant news! plus it gives you time to prepare...
            i've got everything crossed for you xxx

Comment

Originally posted by pixie View Post

Good luck
              It's taken years of hard work to earn the capital N in Numpty

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks for the good wishes everyone.

I've to visit the school a couple of days before but, from the website, it looks really nice. It's almost an hour travelling time each way (more in winter as I'd have to go a different way if it's snowy/icy) but it'd be worth the travelling to get a possibly permanent job in a lovely school

Comment

Bump
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi All,

How is everyone finding the job market at the moment?

As some of you will be aware I was made redundant over six months ago, I've also recently encountered a period of illness, (brought on largely as a consequence of being unable to secure employment and wondering how I was going to pay the mortgage). It's also what lead me to this site in the first place.

Over this period I have made a total of 27 job applications, I have also registered with several recruitment agencies (can't say they have been particularly helpful though). Anyway, I've only managed to secure two interviews from the 27 applications, and both took place last week.

Totally frustrated.

Comment

I understand your frustration snudgerchops.

Have you heard anything back from your interviews?

I've been unemployed for a year. Prior to that I worked for 4 months and was unemployed for a year before that.

I've lost count of the number of applications I've made...only had two interviews. I've got a job for September (through an agency) but it's part time and, by the time I deduct fuel costs travelling there every day and tax and NI I will be slightly worse off than on JSA...and I won't be eligible for free prescriptions etc

Comment

My current tally since end of May this year has gotta be at least 100 odd applications including at least 15 apprenticeship applications.

had 1 interview and i couldn't understand the person interviewing me
                        I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

Your final paragraph is what makes my blood boil, Pix.

For those desperate to work, it is like they are penalised for finding work.
                          And where is the incentive for people to actually try to find work when they are better off sat at home? (Of course I realise that for you it is the feeling of self-worth that is the overriding factor here, but that isn't true for everyone).

I know you are a professional lady so it isn't like you will be on minimum wage. How the hell can anyone justify you being worse off in work than out of work.

Stupid bloody system!

sigpic

Comment

Makes my blood boil too Diddles but I'm hoping that it will be an "investment" and might lead to something more permanent

Not having any kids at home or being disabled, I won't be working enough hours to apply for wtc either.

Comment

I hope so too Pix

sigpic

Comment

Thank you Diddles x

Comment

Working...
                                X