GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script working tax credits changes for self employed from 6th April 2016 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

working tax credits changes for self employed from 6th April 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: working tax credits changes for self employed from 6th April 2016

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
    If you're suffering severe anxiety, panic and agrophobia S2M presumably your GP is aware of this? Why not look into claiming ESA?

My gP is aware and i have been suggested i apply for PIP .

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
      My gP is aware and i have been suggested i apply for PIP .
      Good luck...it will help you to feel better I think.
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Good luck...it will help you to feel better I think.
        thank you , i go to 'open minds' and hopefully will start to improve but they said my anxiety is deep rooted from being a little girl with three major tragedies that is part of the course .

I really hope i can get PIP as it will help , i have never claimed any help ever .

Comment

Thank you pixie. People are getting caught up on a line of text on their bit of paper. Truth is you always had to prove that you had a real business as part of the claim. Nothings changed there.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

thank you , i go to 'open minds' and hopefully will start to improve but they said my anxiety is deep rooted from being a little girl with three major tragedies that is part of the course .
            It's good that you're getting help Mental health problems that are caused by deep-seated events long ago are so difficult to overcome BUT they can be with the right help. I'm lucky in that I haven't had anything like that in my past, although I have suffered from anxiety and depression at times, but I do know people who have overcome some terrible thigs happening to them in their childhoods. Strangely enough, it was being diagnosed with cancer that altered my way of thinking about things. I suppose a "brush with death" makes you realise what's important in life. I did a Mindfulness course at the local hospice and that really helped me. I do hope you start to feel better; it would be a shame for your past to carry on affecting your life.

I really hope i can get PIP as it will help , i have never claimed any help ever .
            You won't know unless you try

Comment

omg you should read this what is this country coming to if child minders are getting hit about being self employed on a low wage what chance do we have read this

http://www.nurseryworld.co.uk/nurser...in-tax-credits

Comment

As you can see by what another person has written on facebook it is not just me that has been in contact with HMRC. As I stated you have to been earning £7.20 per hour or £252 per week profit or close to it. I am not sure it I should give in now and sign on because there is no way I could get to that amount by April

Comment

sorry the link is https://www.facebook.com/KnutsfordChildminding

Comment

It's good that you're getting help Mental health problems that are caused by deep-seated events long ago are so difficult to overcome BUT they can be with the right help. I'm lucky in that I haven't had anything like that in my past, although I have suffered from anxiety and depression at times, but I do know people who have overcome some terrible thigs happening to them in their childhoods. Strangely enough, it was being diagnosed with cancer that altered my way of thinking about things. I suppose a "brush with death" makes you realise what's important in life. I did a Mindfulness course at the local hospice and that really helped me. I do hope you start to feel better; it would be a shame for your past to carry on affecting your life.

You won't know unless you try

it is true, my husband phoned yesterday for me as i get so anxious and a form has been sent out, i've been back to the doctors too who prescribed another medication he know my phobia of medication but said to try it if i can , well last night i opened the packet took out a pill and couldn't take it .
                    But last night i slept for 8 hours solid so maybe just making the first step has eased some anxiety, who knows eh x

How are you now pixie i often thought about you and i prayed for you too x
                    Last edited by Spent2much; 28 January 2016, 09:02.

Comment

Originally posted by swiss90 View Post
                      As you can see by what another person has written on facebook it is not just me that has been in contact with HMRC. As I stated you have to been earning £7.20 per hour or £252 per week profit or close to it. I am not sure it I should give in now and sign on because there is no way I could get to that amount by April
                      I still think that you're misreading it swiss90. HMRC are writing to businesses who claim WTC and whose average hourly rate is less then the NMW.
                      New Eligibility for Working Tax Credit

HMRC is contacting some self-employed recipients of Working Tax Credit whose average hourly profit is less than the National Minimum Wage, which is currently £6.70 per hour and will rise to £7.20 in April. < BR>

Your self-employment now needs to be:
                      • done on a commercial basis, with a view to making a profit
                      • done regularly and in an organised way

You may not qualify if you do not:
                      • make, or plan to make, a profit
                      • have good business records
                      • work regularly
                      • follow regulations for your trade or profession

Requested information may include:
                      • records of earnings and hours worked
                      • invoices for the work you have done
                      • receipts for expenses
                      • summaries of orders or payments received
                      • a business plan
                      • how the activity is organised and promoted

In other words you have to run a business properly and not simply say that you are self-employed so that you receive more than JSA which I'm sure some people do. As both you and S2M run legitimate businesses I think you'll be okay though you may have to show how you intend to make the businesses more profitable. I'm not saying that the government won't stop WTC if you're not making NMW but I think that may be in the future. You may need to take on a part-time job to supplement your business. JSA is not the way to go if you can help it!

I have an interest in this as I'm about to start a business and will need to claim WTC, at least to start with.

it is true, my husband phoned yesterday for me as i get so anxious and a form has been sent out, i've been back to the doctors too who prescribed another medication he know my phobia of medication but said to try it if i can , well last night i opened the packet took out a pill and couldn't take it .
                      But last night i slept for 8 hours solid so maybe just making the first step has eased some anxiety, who knows eh x
                      Do try and take the medication if you can S2M, it really can help, even if you only take it short term while the counselling/therapy you're receiving from Open Minds starts working. What is the name of the medication? (PM me if you don't want to post it on here. I may know something about it) My elderly Dad has a lot of pain in his legs, through arthritis made worse because of an accident he had about 50 years ago, but he refused to take medication because, in his words, "you feel pain for a reason." I said you know the reason, now go to the doctor's! He went, was prescribed painkillers and now feels a little better.

Look at your mental health in the same way as your debts. You felt a lot better once you started to take charge didn't you? So yes, I think taking the first step will have eased your mind xx

How are you now pixie i often thought about you and i prayed for you too x
                      Thank you S2M. I'm fine as far as the cancer goes. There are a few other problems but I'm getting there xx

Comment

I can't help but say it again. Your all over analysing things.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post

I think you're right .

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
                            I agree SXGuy. I tried to explain why in post #55.

Comment

Pixie you are correct HMRC are contacting people who are self employed who earn below the Min Wage that's the whole point myself and I believe SM2 are not reaching that, that's the whole point of these posts. If we were earning min wage we would not be worried. You say about getting a 2nd Job to add more money to the pot, but when you are a single parent it hard to find work that I can work around my child. I tried before going self employed and the only jobs around my area is Factory work which is shifts 6-2. 2-10. 10-6 back shift and night shift I will not be able to get a child minder for. As my daughter is only 11 I could not leave my daughter at night not at her age she is now.

I fully understand that government what to crack down on people who don't want to work. but I am out every day delivering leaflets I thought it was better than being unemployed I guess not so now I am being forced back being on jsa until I my daughter is older. I live in the country side so jobs are low esp if I can not work shifts

Comment

Hi swiss90. I can empathise with you about being a single parent as I was one for many years. I think all you can do is as SXGuy says in post #52 and complete your WTC form and send it off. It may be that someone from HMRC may want to see proof that you are a real business. As both you and S2M are running actual businesses you should be fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X