GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script working tax credits changes for self employed from 6th April 2016 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

working tax credits changes for self employed from 6th April 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: working tax credits changes for self employed from 6th April 2016

oh so looks like we both will be unemployed. I give up

Comment

I think it is stupid to put sole traders out of work for the sake of receiving wtc because it is less than dole money plus in our case we would claim mortgage help for up to two years and that;s 65 quid a week on top of dole money which for a couple is 115 a week , makes no sense to me at all .

Comment

I am also looking into he fact I you have not paid in enough to the government because I was on a low income via self employed I may not be allowed to sign on, maybe that's what they are trying to do. saving on WT and JSA if you have not paid in enough

Comment

Originally posted by swiss90 View Post
          I am also looking into he fact I you have not paid in enough to the government because I was on a low income via self employed I may not be allowed to sign on, maybe that's what they are trying to do. saving on WT and JSA if you have not paid in enough

I know what you mean , i think with you having a child you will get something . We dont' have children they're grown up now and left home , just going to wait and see what happens .

Comment

that's all we can do. I have been stressed out from the day I got the letter. why they sent the letter out that time of year is beyond me spoilt Christmas I can tell you that

Comment

lets put it this way we both have the same profits of £50 per week both got the same letter so we know its going to happen after April it what we do now. I think its crap but what do we expect with a crap government. What I am going to do is not put my books in until October or do it online near Jan next year which gives me more time

Comment

Originally posted by swiss90 View Post
                lets put it this way we both have the same profits of £50 per week both got the same letter so we know its going to happen after April it what we do now. I think its crap but what do we expect with a crap government. What I am going to do is not put my books in until October or do it online near Jan next year which gives me more time
                we just did ours last night and it was dire, so just waiting to see what happens in April, if like sxguy says they are basing it on whether you're a real business with potential to make a profit (i hope this is so) or how you say. I was under the impression though that nothing would change until universal credits came in which did give us some time as it isn't happening in our region until 2020 , but then that letter was a shocker , it seems the government want us out of business , i can see their point of view because if a business isn't making a living why should the benefits system top up the wage, but on the other hand we're not just someone who has started a business for the easy life , my husband hasn't signed on in 20 + years so its not like he was trying to avoid that .
                We just have to see what they do i guess .

Comment

Maybe the job seekers should of told people that when they persuaded them to come off job seekers and start up an eBay shop to claim wtc. They can't have it both ways.
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
                    Maybe the job seekers should of told people that when they persuaded them to come off job seekers and start up an eBay shop to claim wtc. They can't have it both ways.

that's what i think it is about, but in our case we're a real business we pay rent weekly and pay electric and although we get a concession on business rates at the moment we do get a bill but because we're a small stall on a market we get a concession of paying nothing as yet but when the concession ends it will be £1600 a year which will put us out of business without a doubt.
                    We put our tax returns in every January and have been since 2005 , so in our case we're peeved that it might well cause us hardship as we've put a lot of effort into our business and my husband is even looking into doing a course for repairing pc's so it will boost sales .
                    I hope this is as you read it SXgUy because we're a business that has tried very hard, and this has nothing to do with me not being able to work at the moment because i used to have a cleaning job and that finished and im suffering severe anxiety and panic and agoraphobia im receiving help for this but its going to take time, so we hope and pray we won't have our wtc taken off us , if we do we will have see how we can get through it .

Comment

If you're suffering severe anxiety, panic and agrophobia S2M presumably your GP is aware of this? Why not look into claiming ESA?
                      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I also have a real business I am a photographer and graphic designer and also deliver the leaflets I design for my clients. The weddings I do I cant charge to much as there is a lot of competition. I have read the letter again and it states

1. you must be making a profit or aim to make a profit .....I am making a profit but not min wage
                        2. You must have insurance ......I do have this and I am covered for £100000 and have my equipment insured
                        3. All your records must be kept in order.....They are
                        4. Must be getting paid......I do
                        5. Must work on a regular basis....I work everyday either drumming up new business or working on my art work, or delivering the leaflets for my clients

Because I do not earn min wage I will lose my WT

I am a single dad and have to work around my child.most of the jobs in my area are shift work which I can not do.
                        If I lose my WT I will lose £95 per week plus the £50-£60 per week I earn.
                        sod it I give up

Comment

Well one way to prove me wrong. (hmrc desk donkeys who answer the phone aint always right) is by filling out your wtc form and see what happens

Comment

who says everyone who is on low paid self employed are people that sell things on ebay. some people what to try and help themselves instead of staying unemployed. At least we are trying. I want my daughter to say in the future my dad tried to bring in money when there was no jobs at least he did not stay on the doll

Comment

That is what we are going to do. Its not just the hmrc that says all this its all over the internet regarding new rules for the low self employed. maybe it time the government stats taking from the rich instead of the poor. first they took from students, then disabled, elderly, unemployed, sick, and now low self employed where is the rich in all this

Comment

I have just re-read the letter and, so long as you have a "real" business I don't think you need to worry. Send your form in and see what they say and if you don't agree then appeal it.
                                Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Working...
                                X