GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script No Contract - No Rights? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Contract - No Rights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: No Contract - No Rights?

I think shops still have the right to ask you to prove that you bought it in their store (unless it is, for example, Asda branded in which case they may be more lenient - as long as you return it to Asda and not Tesco ).

If you don't have a receipt, a bank/credit card statement showing the transaction would usually suffice.
    If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

Sales of Goods Act 1979 states that although a till receipt is not necessarily required it is not unreasonable for the retailer to request some form of proof of purchase, therefore by requesting a proof of purchase we are following all government guidelines put in place by trading law. Proof of purchase can be in the form of a till receipt or bank statement. Without this information we are unable to establish the exact item you have purchased, how long the goods have been in your possession and if they have been purchase from our store.

TibetanMonk
      On Debt Row

AAD has so much to offer and wants so little back. Take advantage while you can.

Comment

Is your store not all branded with your own ermm brand? Lol

obviously I've never used it but I'd get my exchange without a receipt. That's easy to argue

Read up - The Sale And Supply of Goods To Consumers Regulations 2002.

--> http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2...-act-1982/made
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          Is your store not all branded with your own ermm brand? Lol

obviously I've never used it but I'd get my exchange without a receipt. That's easy to argue
          Not all items mate, but then our argument is that it could have been bought second hand :P and not directly from us. :P

You wouldn't mate, or if you did, you'd be the first to get it haha, because NOBODY gets a refund/exchange without a receipt or bank statement.

TibetanMonk
          On Debt Row

AAD has so much to offer and wants so little back. Take advantage while you can.

Comment

I would. I've just told you to read http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2...-act-1982/made

I know the law; better than any store manager and if they refused I'd walk to the item and swap it myself then leave.

They CANNOT insist on a receipt if I produce the card I used at time of purchase. They all forget this huge factor plus a store policy CANNOT overrule statutory legislation such as the SoGA & SoGSA.

I think any clued up consumerist would run rings round your store managers tbh if they "think" that their policy supersedes statute

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
              I would. I've just told you to read http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2...-act-1982/made

I know the law; better than any store manager and if they refused I'd walk to the item and swap it myself then leave.

They CANNOT insist on a receipt if I produce the card I used at time of purchase. They all forget this huge factor plus a store policy CANNOT overrule statutory legislation such as the SoGA & SoGSA.

I think any clued up consumerist would run rings round your store managers tbh if they "think" that their policy supersedes statute

Not what I'm saying, I'm saying if they have no proof at all, asin, paid cash, not receipt. You're correct, as a retailer we have a responsibility aswell as the customer to ensure that the proof of purchase can be found. I.E through our EJ (Electrical Journal) :P

TibetanMonk
              On Debt Row

Comment

EJ is EPOS based so a simple "instruct refund to original card" would prove the transaction. In layman you swipe the card and search EPOS for the resulting transaction. Easy

I think there's a store not too far from me. I'll test it and secretly video it and show you. I hate companies that think they can pull the wool over our eyes. Point of fact if it has the tags and we have the bag there is proof.

How many people buy clothes then throw all packaging / receipts etc before realising it's faulty / unfit for purpose etc? Anyway we're digressing - sorry my fault

Comment

Working...
                X