GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script work trial without pay - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

work trial without pay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: work trial without pay

hmmm yes well .. I am a justice fighter... but yes I see what you are saying, but how many people get to week 4 and realise weeks 1/2 aren't paid and then leave...

EASY employment, bad rep for the worker... total assness... no... I think do something about this... if not for you then future 'yous'....

Comment

Oh I agree it stinks but sitting on the fence, for instance this person could be a lone parent looking for evening work who lives in a village in the middle of nowhere with jobs hard to come by without an hours drive. So if that were the case, maybe it's worth letting it go. Just maybe?

I'd deffo want (and get) payback but why rush into it?
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Strangly on the BBC TV show doctors yesterday. An ex solider applied for a job in a supermarket. The manager after two weeks had to let her go, as she wasnt right for the job. When the ex solider asked for her 2 weeks pay, the manager said, you signed a contract saying you was happy to take two weeks trial unpaid on the hope, not promise, that you would be offered a job after.

Now i know this is a fictional tv programme, but if its being shown, then chances are, this sort of thing happens more often than not.

I do know, the national minimum wage act, does state, no contracts can void the Act and its exclusions.

So is the pizza place correct in unpaid 2 week trial? Did your daughter sign a contract saying that she would willingly work 2 weeks without pay? And finally, does this fall foul to the minimum wage act.

Im unsure.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

How can anyone not be right for a job in a supermarket?! This is just another one of those free labour cons; get rid of one hopeful person and replace him/her with the next.
          Remember the mantra:
          NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
          Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
          Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Any updates on this? Did she get her pay?

Comment

Working...
            X