GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script ESA for son with Aspergers/Anxiety disorders - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESA for son with Aspergers/Anxiety disorders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ESA for son with Aspergers/Anxiety disorders

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
    You can send everything you have off with a note stating due to backlog at GP's cannot get appointment until 3rd Feb so that will follow and be sent soon as have it, it is bloody ridiculous though that someone with a lifelong condition needs a sicknote as all the evidence you will be sending is more than enough.
    Yes it is pathetic,as its never going to go away. I think I will ring again to see if another receptionist on this afternoon x Thank you for all your help and support Pompey and everyone ;-) x

Comment

Yes as you don't really need to see the GP as no doubt he is well aware of your son's conditions so all he needs to do is print a note and leave it at reception for you to collect.

Comment

ESA claim form and GP MED 3 fit note was received to DWP last Tuesday as I posted by recorded/signed for.

Over a week on what happens from here please? Is there a confirmation letter to arrive?
        How long does this first part take before they decide if eligible for ESA or not and how long for the first payment if eligible?

Thanks x

Comment

Hmm that is a difficult question Di as the Department is in Chaos, I would give it another week then ring DWP for an update as that may push them on.

Comment

Thank you Pompey.

And guess what?
            The letter arrived in the post this morning that he has been awarded the £72.90 per week.

And a separate letter of the ESA50 form arrived in the post too lol. Now the difficult part comes, so awaiting to hear from my welfare dept for an appointment to help me on this form x

Comment

So far so good Di, good luck with the ESA50 xxx

Comment

The £72.90 is the assessment rate..supposedly for 13 weeks but usually it drags on for a lot longer.

The ESA50 form is a nightmare so yes, you're better off getting help in completing it from the welfare department.

Good luck hun x
                Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Well Done Di and lets hope the rest goes as smooth.

Comment

Thank you everyone x x

A friend of mine asked if I could help him with his, but I said this one is all new to me, so advised him to contact welfare dept as they will know best to help him and the wording of his own medical conditions etc.
                    I think its because I helped him with his DLA and he did manage to get High Rate Mobility and Medium Rate Care, but I do not want to take any chances with a form I have never worked with before.

What I would like to know, I note on my son's ESA award letter about Council Tax Reduction, so wondered if it will be worth putting in for it or not?

I am his full time Carer and receive Carer's Allowance, but my hubby works full time and my eldest son works full time too.

So just wondered?

Thank you in advance :-) x x x

Comment

You should get a 25% reduction as his carer, and maybe even a 50% reduction due to his mental health, best to go into council offices to discuss it as discounts can vary from council to council due to council tax being dissolved to local government.

There is a link here but you will need to put your post code in to get the right info for your area:

https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-council-tax-discount

Comment

Brilliant thank you Pompey, your fab!

Found some details of my local council tax discount eligibility here....

http://www.torfaen.gov.uk/en/Council...Discounts.aspx

Comment

All the luck Di xx
                          if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Sorry forgot to update as not been here in a little while.

ESA50 form sent off and they received it just before the due date, it was sent by signed for delivery.

However, just before they received the form, a letter arrived from our local Job Centre inviting my son to a work focused interview.
                            I was confused on this because I assumed you wouldnt attend one of these until they know what group my son would end up in after assessment.

So I contacted them and a nice lady came on the phone and went through my son's records of ASD/High Anxiety, she said the letter was voluntary and she will cancel the appointment and make sure one isn't sent out now before knowing what happens after his application been assessed.

She is aware that I am my son's appointee and carer, but left me her direct contact details for if and when I ever need to make contact.

The lady also explained that even though the decision would not be up to her, she said in her opinion and experience of other's with the same condition as my son, 9 times out of 10 they end up in the support group, but will have to see what happens.

Will keep you posted x

Comment

I have my fingers firmly crossed for you both Di.......it's lovely to see you
                              "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Thank you IF likewise x

Comment

Working...
                                X