GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script carers allowance - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

carers allowance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: carers allowance

i will check with my mum i think this will all be discussed when my brother enquires about any help they can get on Monday and i will come back and let you know .

Comment

Also not mentioned here yet is that Social Services will provide loads of disability aids free of charge. Handrails, bathing aids, lights, other security / safety features etc.... Worth a call to find out - they even come and fit them round here.

Comment

Originally posted by Fortman View Post
        Also not mentioned here yet is that Social Services will provide loads of disability aids free of charge. Handrails, bathing aids, lights, other security / safety features etc.... Worth a call to find out - they even come and fit them round here.
        Yes good one Fortman, they did the same for my dad too, they already had a downstairs walk in shower room, but if there is not one, they maybe eligibel for that as well (within the free services).

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
          Yes good one Fortman, they did the same for my dad too, they already had a downstairs walk in shower room, but if there is not one, they maybe eligibel for that as well (within the free services).
          HI, I hope they can get some things free if not i think they will pay for them to make their lives easier. My brother is contacting Age Concern tomorrow so fingers crossed something can be done to help them.

I must be stressing over this as i had sleep apnea all night last night i am knackered today

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
            HI, I hope they can get some things free if not i think they will pay for them to make their lives easier. My brother is contacting Age Concern tomorrow so fingers crossed something can be done to help them.

I must be stressing over this as i had sleep apnea all night last night i am knackered today
            Try not to worry, easier said than done I know, but there is lots of help on offer these days, and that is good to contact Age Concern, who will be able to point in the right directlon for everything they require.

Good luck, please let us know how you get on, and try to relax as well x

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
              Try not to worry, easier said than done I know, but there is lots of help on offer these days, and that is good to contact Age Concern, who will be able to point in the right directlon for everything they require.

Good luck, please let us know how you get on, and try to relax as well x
              Yes, you're bound to be stressed - it's your loved ones. Just try to get things into proportion - again easier said than done, and remember that you can only do what you can. Usually when trying to help elderly parents there is a moment when you have to accept some form of compromise. Stress will only serve to make you ill and less able to help, so please do try to accept you can only do so much.

Comment

Harking back to the walk-in bath: they are more trouble than they are worth. They leak and the hinges fall off the doors. Look fine in the brochure, but they are extremely expensive and not practical for people with limited arm and finger strength, to lock/unlock the door clips.

A wet room or shower room may be more appropriate and cheaper to put in. A seat and a thing to rub your feet clean or a bidet could be added.

If your parents were at any time in the armed forces, you could also contact Admiral nurses who help out with aids.

Comment

Originally posted by julian View Post
                  Harking back to the walk-in bath: they are more trouble than they are worth. They leak and the hinges fall off the doors. Look fine in the brochure, but they are extremely expensive and not practical for people with limited arm and finger strength, to lock/unlock the door clips.

A wet room or shower room may be more appropriate and cheaper to put in. A seat and a thing to rub your feet clean or a bidet could be added.

If your parents were at any time in the armed forces, you could also contact Admiral nurses who help out with aids.
                  My dad was in the army went to Singapore but that was national service .

They are having a questionaire sent out to them so see what comes of that , thank you for the info about the walk in baths i did wonder about that

Comment

I'm not very happy with his doctor, the consultant put him on some tablets to ease his muscles and joints as he is having a lot of pain and after a month the doctor just stopped prescribing them, my dad started falling over and he also fell out of bed which has caused pain in his back and he has cuts on both arms, yesterday my dad went to see his consultant for a check up and my mum told him that the doctor stopped prescribing the muscle relaxant tablets.He was livid said they have no right to stop anything he prescribes and that is the cause of my dad falling over and falling out of bed, he has written a letter to the doctor and wants a prescription for the tablets back on again, they took the letter in today and the prescription and he has to wait until Thursday for the tablets, i think this is disgusting , he needs that medication now not bleeding Thursday

Comment

Working...
                    X