GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Bedroom tax - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bedroom tax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bedroom tax

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
    Political Rant is needed because come April 1st many will be up the river without a paddle yes it is that bad taking all the cuts put together.

Dickensian times indeed that does not just effect the unemployed, ill, disabled and elderly but the low earners too.

And come the EU Vote if cameron get his way and we vote to come out of the EU that will spell disaster too because many are voting to get out just on the back of imigration, we must not forget what those imagrants bring to this nation too.

Furthermore it is not just imigration but human rights too which are NOT just there for prisoners protection but protection for us all it is just that prisoners use that law the most because they have the need.

There is also employment law as well which will get worse than it already has if we move out of EU.

And not forgetting justice and legal aid being a case to court will be near on impossible for the average earner.

Think very carefully before you vote otherwise you will be cutting your own nose.
    As a nation Britain has always survived and we will again, maybe to get back our country we will have to suffer more but if it means getting rid of the eu then all the better, countries will still trade with us ,but not being in the eu will in the end save this country billions .

Comment

Bedroom tax is badly thought out. Lets move away from Disabilities (ie over night carers) Single parents, who some times have their kids to stay. Lets look at a "normal" (excuse the word) family 2 Adults, two children, boy and girl, aged 7.5 years and 8.5 years (deliberate).

That family can be forced to move into a 2 bed property due to the age of the children. HOWEVER, in 18 months time, there is a LEGAL obligation for them to be moved into a three bedroom house.

This idea, although I can see some logic behind it, was written in the same place as Mike Bassetts World Cup team - In the pub on a fag packet.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
        As a nation Britain has always survived and we will again, maybe to get back our country we will have to suffer more but if it means getting rid of the eu then all the better, countries will still trade with us ,but not being in the eu will in the end save this country billions .
        Oh dear Spent to Much, just look at history, Civilisations rise and fall, lets look at a few, Mayans, Rome, Greece, Minoan, China.
        The average American thinks they will always be top of the pile, they won't. Britain has not always been powerful but rose to be the great superpower, no longer.

I happen to think Europe is on balance a good thing, we have an economy that is screwed and is getting worse

Can anyone explain how, when we are still spending more than we earn, Nick Clegg can claim that they have cut the deficit

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
          When my current job ends, I am likely to be back claiming JSA and will be affected by the bedroom tax.

I want to work...I worked extremely hard to get my teaching qualification as a mature student but there just aren't the jobs...either in teaching or anywhere else. I know, because I tried long enough to get one.

It's depressing enough being reliant on benefits but, if I had to leave my home, I think I'd just throw in the towel on life, especially knowing that my home would probably be given to some family who have arrived here from abroad, having not paid a penny into our country.
          Oh Pixie
          I have no idea where you live but that sort of comment is just what this government want to hear
          You may be frustrated but lashing out at immigrants is not the way to go. History tells us what that leads to....

Comment

Originally posted by jon1965 View Post
            Oh dear Spent to Much, just look at history, Civilisations rise and fall, lets look at a few, Mayans, Rome, Greece, Minoan, China.
            The average American thinks they will always be top of the pile, they won't. Britain has not always been powerful but rose to be the great superpower, no longer.

I happen to think Europe is on balance a good thing, we have an economy that is screwed and is getting worse

Can anyone explain how, when we are still spending more than we earn, Nick Clegg can claim that they have cut the deficit

i am not prepared to go into this as my views are very strong, but all i will say is do some research into it and look deep into the new world order too .

Comment

Not sure how old you are Pix (and dont want to offned you) but ruling doesnt apply to those over 61.5 ...... dont think you are that old, but hold out for as long as poss with the job front.
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

No, unfortunately I'm not so old...and my estimated retirement age is 66 .

My current long term post is supposed to end at Easter...just when the bedroom tax (and council tax benefit cuts) come in...and then of course there are the summer holidays...
                Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Spent, I was expressing my opinion as well. Seems we have a difference, so what, fair enough

I think long, medium ans short term are all different

I have just read this, what a load of contradictory bollocks I am afraid. Mind you I was put off by the use of satanic as if you believe in satanic you also believe in a god
                  The Horrific New World Order Master Plan that has full UN approval Bringing You The News No One Else Wants To Bring You

Some of the proposals are absolutely necessary, restricting population growth for example however the Catholic Church does not agree. Homosexuality was,once , quite accepted and if you think it is now accepted you are sadly mistaken

However I do agree and have been saying for years that we are sleep walking into 1984 or a Brave New World

Personally I think that western Civilisation will fall at some point and another one will take its place.
                  Last edited by jon1965; 1 February 2013, 21:20.

Comment

Spent, I was expressing my opinion as well. Seems we have a difference, so what, fair enough

I think long, medium ans short term are all different

I have just read this, what a load of contradictory bollocks I am afraid. Mind you I was put off by the use of satanic as if you believe in satanic you also believe in a god
                    The Horrific New World Order Master Plan that has full UN approval Bringing You The News No One Else Wants To Bring You

Some of the proposals are absolutely necessary, restricting population growth for example however the Catholic Church does not agree. Homosexuality was,once , quite accepted and if you think it is now accepted you are sadly mistaken

However I do agree and have been saying for years that we are sleep walking into 1984 or a Brave New World

Personally I think that western Civilisation will fall at some point and another one will take its place.

illuminati

Comment

The article I quoted was possibly one of the biggest peices of badly written drivel I have ever read, even makes DX look coherent

I do not believe in a world conspiracy but I do believe that we are letting ourselves become more and more controlled in a bad way. Of course average intelligence levels are decreasing as the statistically the less able work less and breed more. Within that group being gay is far far less tolerated than in the young "middle classes"

Finally I will shut up as conspiracy theories would only mark us as being wakos and could harm the forum

Comment

The article I quoted was possibly one of the biggest peices of badly written drivel I have ever read, even makes DX look coherent

I do not believe in a world conspiracy but I do believe that we are letting ourselves become more and more controlled in a bad way. Of course average intelligence levels are decreasing as the statistically the less able work less and breed more. Within that group being gay is far far less tolerated than in the young "middle classes"

Finally I will shut up as conspiracy theories would only mark us as being wakos and could harm the forum
                        i used to think the same jon, but things are just getting worse , like i said i could go on and on but i won't .

Comment

There's plenty to lose as well as gain from leaving the EU / Letters / Home - Morning Star

Comment

Here is a thought regarding bedroom tax which I haven't found the answer to, but someone may know.

If you are, say, a couple living in a 3 bedroomed council house and have done for many years, but your family have left home so you are no longer seen to NEED that size of property according to these rules. You cannot afford the "tax" which has been levied so are being financially forced out of your home to a smaller property.

As far as I am aware, the council do not provide you with carpets, curtains or pay the removals company, so how the hell are people supposed to finance the forced move?

I seem to remember, perhaps 20 years ago or so, a scheme in place which offered a financial incentive for people to give up their council properties. I don't remember the exact details, however, perhaps if their is a lack of social housing of larger size then the "reward to move" system might work more effectively and be fairer?

Say you received £5,000 per bedroom which you are giving up, this could cover the expenses of downsizing and you could be given priority status for smaller and less in demand council/housing associations properties.

Perhaps if you moved out of social housing altogether and into a private rented property the reward could be bigger?

Am I being naive or ignorant to the workings of the system? Comments welcome
                            If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

It seems a good idea to offer incentives to move but I can't see any councils doing that.

They usually offer vouchers for paint but they nowhere near cover the cost of re-decorating.
                              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Their is a lack of 1 bedroom properties too, I don't like the idea as it fucks up communities, citizens are settled where they are know there neighbours, have other friends in the area, know the services available to them.

All this I believe to be a far greater loss than the £14 the Government is expected to collect

Comment

Working...
                                X