GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script DLA/New forms arrived! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DLA/New forms arrived!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DLA/New forms arrived!

I know this may take some time before it's looked at, and it's not due to expire until 14 Jan 2013.

Sooooo I wonder if the chances are they will look into it earlier and change the award before the expiry date??

My son is currently awarded High Rate Care and Low rate Mobility, nothing's changed really, only that he's older, but still requires the same level of care.

Comment

I know this is not exactly the place for media, but came across this here in the news.........In regards of Atos

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012...?utm_hp_ref=uk

Comment

That's an excellent letter Di. Surely there shouldn't be a problem with support like that.

Let's hope the PIP gets shoved further and further back till it falls off a bleddy cliff. x

Comment

Thanks hun

She is great, and we will miss her, when my son is referred to the adult like CAMHS as from Jan next year. xx

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
            I know this is not exactly the place for media, but came across this here in the news.........In regards of Atos

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012...?utm_hp_ref=uk
            Hi Di

I've posted the above on Blog pages, if that ok? Linky: Atos Nurse Joyce Drummond Apologises Over 'Ridiculous' Disability Benefits - allaboutFORUMS

And on the Disability News Forum Linky: Debt with Disability News Articles - Page 9 - allaboutFORUMS
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by 5corpio View Post
              Hi Di

I've posted the above on Blog pages, if that ok? Linky: Atos Nurse Joyce Drummond Apologises Over 'Ridiculous' Disability Benefits - allaboutFORUMS

And on the Disability News Forum Linky: Debt with Disability News Articles - Page 9 - allaboutFORUMS

Of course that's ok 5corpio I'm glad you did, thank you so much x

Comment

Acknowledgement letter arrived in the post today.

The usual, if they need any further info, they will be in touch, and if nothing is heard by 8 weeks, then to contact them.

Think this is going to be dealt with sooner than the expiry date in January!

Comment

Just a thought.

Should have I mentioned that I am a full time carer for my son on the dla form?
                  Even though they are aware he requires help day and night, but it just came to me now, that maybe I should have also mentioned it??

I can always contact them if this is the case. (As they already have the form back now) Cheers folks x
                  Last edited by di30; 1 October 2012, 10:10.

Comment

................to add to the above, they know of course I am his appointee as well, as he is unable to deal with these sort of matters, and I know of course they will only be interested in my son, as its his claim, but I am unable to work being his round the clock carer, and wasnt sure if I should have mentioned that as well.

Comment

I have just confirmed it to them anyway, and was asked to claim carers allowance if I am not already, i confirmed that i do already receive it. Now hoping after being told that that it will be good news lol.

Comment

Missed a witheld telephone call, answer machine not kicking in so not sure who it may have been.
                        Does anyone know if DWP (DLA) section's tel number witheld?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                          Missed a witheld telephone call, answer machine not kicking in so not sure who it may have been.
                          Does anyone know if DWP (DLA) section's tel number witheld?

Thanks.
                          Hi Di, yes it is but they will usually leave a message for you.

Comment

Originally posted by vossy View Post
                            Hi Di, yes it is but they will usually leave a message for you.
                            Cheers Vossy

My machine isn't working unfortunately

I remember when first applied some years ago, and they rang then, could not remember if they were witheld or not, don't think I ever checked lol.

Comment

Was getting paranoid, so contacted them lol, they said it was not them, as the form is a long way off in the pile yet.
                              I told them I was having probs with the answer machine, so was worried in case they called and I missed them.

Comment

She was very nice too, although confirmed the renewal application was received, it may take a little time yet before they get to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X