GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script ESA appeal - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESA appeal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ESA appeal

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
    Lets not forget next year 2013 all those on DLA will have to go all through this again when it goes over to Personal Independence Payment (PIP).
    Something I am not looking forward to at all......

Originally posted by jon1965 View Post
    Oh it's so nice to be called a twat by the owner of the forum, makes me feel that I have arrived
    Most of us Mods were referred to in that way before we even came here......
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hello again it's the twat here

I am now thinking too much and trying to get my head around what ths means in terms of money, what I need to do etc.

Reading the disability rights uk web page just does my head it,
      ‘limited capability for work’.‘limited capability for work-related activity

It then says that if you are in the second group you go into the support group.

Looking at the Direct Gov website it says you go into the work related activity group or the support group

Confused, I bloody am

Anyway if it helps I got 6 pts for 13(c)- initiating and completing personal actions and 9 points for 16(b)-coping with social engagements

I have no idea what all that means, can anyone help, maybe say which group I will be in and what that means to me in real terms

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
        Something I am not looking forward to at all......

Most of us Mods were referred to in that way before we even came here......
        Ditto Oscar my DLA was indefinite,now have to go this farce not once but twice my health conditions will not magically disappear so what is the fookin point in having an assessment in 2012 then again 2013 besides the ones I have already had.

Comment

Jon,

How long is a piece of string, it is now all down to the decision maker at the DWP to decide which group you will go into.

Confused yes no doubt you are the whole system is not fit for purpose
          Last edited by pompeyfaith; 11 May 2012, 19:19.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
            Ditto Oscar my DLA was indefinite,now have to go this farce not once but twice my health conditions will not magically disappear so what is the fookin point in having an assessment in 2012 then again 2013 besides the ones I have already had.
            Am in the same boat PF LRC and LRM based on a medical condition that will not go away (and is recognised within the DWP Disability Handbook)

I dont see the point in the reassessment, but I suppose looking at it, it could be to my benefit if I can get 15 points EDIT - 12 points (I know I can get the lower band - provided they dont fuck me over)

Jon - I did have the link and will try to find it. The points you have been given are based on social interactions and how you cope with strange (for want of a better word) people.
            Last edited by oscar; 11 May 2012, 19:25.
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

LINK

If you scroll about half way down, it lists the different activities, and the points you gain for each activity.

Might help people out.

Comment

Thanks guys
                Yes the points are 6 points because "Frequently cannot due to impaired mental function reliably initiate or complete at least two personal actions"
                and 9 because" engagement in social contact with someone unfamiliar to the claimant is always precluded due to difficulty relating to others or significant distress experienced by the individual"

I have to say that i cope with you lot and they don't come much stranger!

On the disabilityrightsuk website it says
                If you satisfy at least one of them you will be placed in the support group of claimants.
                Amongst the list are

Initiating and completing personal action (which means planning, organisation, problem solving, prioritising or switching tasks)

Coping with social engagement, due to cognitive impairment or mental disorder.

Thats why I am confused, and as you all know sitting waiting and doing nothing is not one of my strong points

Comment

Originally posted by jon1965 View Post
                  15 points awarded
                  i am relieved to hear this, glad you've got it sorted xx

Comment

Had my notification, put in wrag group but as advised by guy on the phone asking them to look at it again. I have given some reasons. Not sure if saying that Niddy called me a Twat would help

Comment

Just a quick update
                      I got put in the wra group but a guy on the phone said I could ask them to look at it again...so I did

JC+ wrote back saying it was the tribunal who put me in that category so I called them

They confirmed that it was the tribunal who put me in the WRAG and I needed to call the Tribunal service, which I have done (bloody good job i am on an all inclusive package).
                      They tell me that my appeal was for the work capability assessment (yes i know that) but if it had been for the support group it would have been different.

Can anyone make sense of that for me?
                      If I am honest part of me thinks I should be in wrag but then, for example i went into Brum to do two things on friday, open a bank account and go to CAB....CAB were shut! and the bank was "too busy" . Neither of them a big deal but really threw me, took a while (4 or 5 hours) to stop feeling frustrated. So then I think , how the hell can I work like that

Comment

Working...
                      X