GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script ESA appeal - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESA appeal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ESA appeal

Jon, have you someone representing you? CAB or a Welfare rights Officer?
    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Alas no, when I went to cab as she could only asses me at 12 points she said she couldn't help .
      However if I were to see someone now I think it woud be different as there are the side effects of the medication etc . Problem is it's next week now

Comment

Originally posted by jon1965 View Post
        Alas no, when I went to cab as she could only asses me at 12 points she said she couldn't help .
        However if I were to see someone now I think it woud be different as there are the side effects of the medication etc . Problem is it's next week now
        Right I'm with you and best wishes Jon xx

Comment

One last question (for today anyway)
          I have read somewhere that appearance is an important part of the tribunal.
          Now bearing in mind , in my submission I have stated that my partner supports me in many things ;
          I get up when he goes to work,
          we have a nighttime routine of bath, food and bed,
          he does much of the shopping etc.

However we do not live together (we both maintain separate homes )
          He will be comimng with me to my appeal
          Do I dress up (no comments please CC)
          Do I dress down
          Or just wear what I would usually wear on an average day (jeans t shirt etc )

Any thoughts please

Comment

I have read a few postings on this subject, however it is unclear whether all assessment centres are the same and more importantly whether all assessors have this view.

I certainly would not dress up for the assessment and would say it best they see you in your everyday style what ever that maybe.

It would be easier to explain if ever they did ask where as dressing down would be harder as you no doubt are not put in that position, do you see where I am coming from?

Just be your everyday self but do not dress up as it is not required and it will draw attention so yes I would go along with:

Or just wear what I would usually wear on an average day (jeans t shirt etc )

Hope this helps

Regards
            Last edited by pompeyfaith; 6 May 2012, 14:00.

Comment

Hi jon...first of all good luck with your appeal on the 11 May 12 and I know how you must be feeling and until it is over understandably it is hard to put your mind at ease. I have copied some info below which I hope is useful and wish you the best of luck.

Re: Atos Medical Assessment

On one of the many internet sites I came across this.

Apparently, if you want to pass you must ensure that you......

1. Walk slowly to the exam room
              2. Do not make eye contact
              3. Do not dress smartly
              4. Take a friend
              5. Get your friend to take notes and if possible record the session on a tape recorder
              6. Do not sit in the chair for more than 10 minutes
              7. Complain all the time of feeling nervous and unwell
              8. Regardless of what the doctor asks you, tell your entire story to him/her
              9. Take as long as you want and do not let the doctor end the exam until you are sure that you have explained everything that is wrong with you

If you allow the doctor to control the exam and throw you out after about 15 minutes.....YOU WILL FAIL

This is absurd, but they have been told to fail as many as possible and will only ask you general questions and then cut and paste these into their medical report afterwards.

Follow the above and they are nervous that you will be in a position to bring up this evidence at a tribunal which will then back fire on them.

I cannot remember what site but I hope the writer will not mind me using this on here.

BBC News - appeals success rising

ATOS declared unfit for work

Around 40% of claimants who are rejected by the ATOS assessment and take their case to an appeals tribunal have the unfair decision overturned. This figure is around 70% for those who have legal representation. And of course there are a lot of people who don’t have the energy or support to fight it.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2012/jan/10/atos-wca-citizens-advice-right-first-time

http://dwpexamination.wordpress.com/questions-you-may-be-asked/

Last edited by transformer999; 6 May 2012, 15:37.

Comment

15 points awarded

Comment

15 points awarded
                  Brilliant news Jon and well done

Comment

Also I just want to say a huge thank you...I wasn't sure what expertise were on here regarding benefits
                    Ermm, we've damn good benefit posters! ANYTHING that affects consumers regards debt, benefits and legal matters is what we try and deal with first and foremost.

so I posted on MSE as well....
                    Twat

and the second reply said and i quote..."you are depressed because you are a criminal, I give up"
                    see above - your own fault for posting there - you criminal
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

ex is 67 and gets DLA, will she ...
                      Now bearing in mind , in my submission I have stated that my partner supports me in many things ;
                      I get up when he goes to work,
                      he does much of the shopping etc.
                      He will be comimng with me to my appeal
                      I'm ever so sorry to have to ask this, but is this a typo or am I thinking as it reads...? Tell me to mind my own but talk about confusing

** Happy to remove post if offensive but please don't think that's my intentions, I am just confuddled.
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by IF View Post
                        Brilliant news Jon and well done
                        Thank you IF , they were very nice , gave me my 15 points but warned me that the DWP COULD appeal and that they had heard stories of people being recalled for assesments very soon after winning an appeal. But won for now

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                        Ermm, we've damn good benefit posters! ANYTHING that affects consumers regards debt, benefits and legal matters is what we try and deal with first and foremost.

Twat

see above - your own fault for posting there - you criminal
                        Oh it's so nice to be called a twat by the owner of the forum, makes me feel that I have arrived

And I am not a criminal ...yet...although posting on MSE is probably grounds for conviction

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                        I'm ever so sorry to have to ask this, but is this a typo or am I thinking as it reads...? Tell me to mind my own but talk about confusing

** Happy to remove post if offensive but please don't think that's my intentions, I am just confuddled.
                        Bless, keep with the program Niddy ; if you had been reading my posts instead of spending all your time getting the new server up and running ! you would know.
                        Yes I am 47 , my ex is a SHE and is 67 but my current is a HE and a mere 40. A man can change his mind you know

But no I am not offended at all, takes a lot more than that to offend me so try harder next time

Comment

Yes I am 47 , my ex is a SHE and is 67 but my current is a HE and a mere 40. A man can change his mind you know

But no I am not offended at all, takes a lot more than that to offend me so try harder next time

Oh it's so nice to be called a twat by the owner of the forum
                          Fair play mate - I say well done for having the balls (sorreeeee haha) to come out and stand up for what you believe in and/or to change from straight married man to gay.

Not many are so open

p.s. well done on the appeal, ya twat!

Comment

What a relief this nightmare is over congrats.......and now enjoy your weekend. Awesome.............result........

Comment

Originally posted by transformer999 View Post
                              Hi jon...first of all good luck with your appeal on the 11 May 12 and I know how you must be feeling and until it is over understandably it is hard to put your mind at ease. I have copied some info below which I hope is useful and wish you the best of luck.

Re: Atos Medical Assessment

On one of the many internet sites I came across this.

Apparently, if you want to pass you must ensure that you......

1. Walk slowly to the exam room
                              2. Do not make eye contact
                              3. Do not dress smartly
                              4. Take a friend
                              5. Get your friend to take notes and if possible record the session on a tape recorder
                              6. Do not sit in the chair for more than 10 minutes
                              7. Complain all the time of feeling nervous and unwell
                              8. Regardless of what the doctor asks you, tell your entire story to him/her
                              9. Take as long as you want and do not let the doctor end the exam until you are sure that you have explained everything that is wrong with you

If you allow the doctor to control the exam and throw you out after about 15 minutes.....YOU WILL FAIL

This is absurd, but they have been told to fail as many as possible and will only ask you general questions and then cut and paste these into their medical report afterwards.

Follow the above and they are nervous that you will be in a position to bring up this evidence at a tribunal which will then back fire on them.

I cannot remember what site but I hope the writer will not mind me using this on here.

BBC News - appeals success rising

ATOS declared unfit for work

Around 40% of claimants who are rejected by the ATOS assessment and take their case to an appeals tribunal have the unfair decision overturned. This figure is around 70% for those who have legal representation. And of course there are a lot of people who don’t have the energy or support to fight it.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2012/jan/10/atos-wca-citizens-advice-right-first-time

http://dwpexamination.wordpress.com/questions-you-may-be-asked/

Thank you for that info, considering what the judge said to me, i.e that they have heard that appeal winners are very soon recalled for another medical I will bear that in mind

Comment

Superb news on the appeal Jon (although in my eyes I dont see why you should have to go through the bloody upset of appeal to start with)

WELL DONE!
                                Last edited by philnicandamy; 11 May 2012, 17:38.

Comment

Working...
                                X