ESA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ESA

Sorry think i posted in the wrong place earlier. After being told i didn't qualify for ESA i received a letter today to say a payment had gone into my bank. Problem is it's an old account that's overdrawn. Know i gave the right details and think they must have this account number from an old claim. No-one from benefits there today so i'll ring on Monday but don't hold out much hope of getting them to reclaim it

Comment

Good news that you qualify for something! Hope you get it sorted out x

Comment

Really good because i'd not had anything to say i had. Hopefully will get this payment sorted and i suppose if not that's half the overdraft paid off. They must be chuckling to themselves at the bank

Comment

Another good site for ESA and DLA which I found yesterday is:

THE FULL FACTS Index page

You may also be interested in the Spartacus site which has plenty of info on the new PIP which is replacing DLA

We are Spartacus - Index

Regards

Comment

Thanks,i'll have a look at that

Comment

Got my ATOS medical this morning. From what i've heard i'll fail as i can walk in and take myself to the toilet. On a positive though i'm not saying i wont be able to go back to work just that the consultant and physio wont let me for a few more weeks. Also my job is still open for me. Bit nervous but fingers crossed

Comment

Aww SM, we will be thinking of you and deep breaths
                "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

WHAT A NIGHTMARE. Waited 1 hour and 50 mins. People sat on corridor floors,kids screaming and i always get the one who's not had a bath or cleaned their teeth for a month wanting to talk to me. After all that i was in and out in 5 mins

Comment

Originally posted by samsmum View Post
                    WHAT A NIGHTMARE. Waited 1 hour and 50 mins. People sat on corridor floors,kids screaming and i always get the one who's not had a bath or cleaned their teeth for a month wanting to talk to me. After all that i was in and out in 5 mins
                    It's certainly an experience eh!!

Got my fingers crossed that they listened to you and you pass SM
                    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Thanks. Seem to have turned the corner now so hopefully be back at work pretty soon.

Comment

Hope it all went okay x
                        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

After 11 long months i'm hoping to get the all clear to return to work this week. I was on SSP for 6 months and been on ESA FOR 5. Had my medical a few weeks ago but heard nothing since. Just been told by a friend that i may be able to claim some money once i return to work. Can anyone advise on this please? Could do with all the help i can get with hubby now being ill too. What a crappy year!!!
                          Last edited by samsmum; 23 June 2012, 14:21.

Comment

Had an appointment at the jobcentre today and i can get Return to Work benefit of £40 per week for 52 weeks. Really surprised and very happy

Comment

every little bit of good news always helps
                              I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

Working...
                              X