GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Council Tax Benefit - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Council Tax Benefit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Council Tax Benefit

I'm sorry, I don't know the answers but I do have experience of similar letters re council tax benefit and housing benefit...they always seem to contradict themselves. I'm an educated person but I can't make head nor tail of them!
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
      I'm sorry, I don't know the answers but I do have experience of similar letters re council tax benefit and housing benefit...they always seem to contradict themselves. I'm an educated person but I can't make head nor tail of them!

Thanks Pixie.
      It really is not explained very well at all and I can't imagine the staff even understand how it works so pretty pointless asking them.

Comment

Another question please on top of the others I have asked..

My son who is 21 is currently going through the "system " of being diagnosed for possible aspergers, love him dearly but only recently confronted this with him and pleased to say he's just happy to find out what's "different" with him. He is at college until Aug when he is hoping to find work but he has struggled to hold down even part time work due in no small means to his condition. Anyway he is classed as a non-dependant adult as stated in earlier posts, would that still be the case if he gets diagnosed officially ?

Comment

I know my last 2 posts are a bit confusing with a lot of figures etc. really the only question I really need answered is this:-

If I don't send in the info the council require to progress the claim (requested within 1 month) , will they just drop the claim and I lose the £0.52 p/w from Aug or do I have to send it.

I think they'll just drop it because the wording is "
          to review my claim further I need to provide" but if anyone has been through something similar and knows for certain it would be appreciated as councils can be funny buggers

Thx

Comment

Hi lookingforward. I've asked the other Mods and Experts if any can answer your questions.
            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Yes your claim will be dropped and you will revert to the full amount, this happened to me last year. so best to get the info in they request asap.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                Yes your claim will be dropped and you will revert to the full amount, this happened to me last year. so best to get the info in they request asap.
                Hi,

Thanks, I'm going to let it drop if that's the case, to be quite honest for £0.52 per week it's not worth the hassle or work involved., I just can't believe that they take carers allowance into account but that's all that's changed and I was getting £2.15 per week before
                Last edited by lookingforward; 27 May 2014, 22:27.

Comment

I'll never understand how this works.
                  I'd sent nothing back as I was going to let it drop then suddenly a new letter arrives stating I've been granted £3.00 a week from August and nothing about having to send anything in...weird

Comment

We have to put in every invoice from the business and it takes ages for them to scan it lol . We had to send in the tax credits awards cert and now tax credits have been reduced so we have to send in the new one , the thing is we are paying the full monthly amount as nothing has been reduced yet and this is from February , we are struggling right now as the business is even slower . could do with the reduction if are entitled to any

Comment

Working...
                    X