GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Unsure of benefits for disabled 17 year old son - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unsure of benefits for disabled 17 year old son

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Unsure of benefits for disabled 17 year old son

Originally posted by Flowerpower
    Di,

See your other thread ---> allaboutFORUMS

Wow absolutely fab, thank you honey xx

Comment

Currently still waiting to hear, but hear it can take some time, hope they backdate to Jan 2012 though, because realistically it should have continued, that was my fault though, I did not realise that Home Ed was counted for full time education post age 16, which I explained to them.

I did also send both CHB and CTC the evidence of when he came out of school in 2008, so it's not as if he just started HE.

Comment

Checked account and it looks like Child tax credit has been reinstated, no backpayment yet though from January, so see if this will be dealt with separately and chase up by the end of the week if nothing.

So I assume if this has been awarded again so would Child benefit..........I think.

Comment

Received the award letter in the post today, but not a mention of the backpayments, so have sent another letter to ask for this as we were obviously entitled for it to continue when it ended in January 2012.

Even though the award notice is April 2011 to April 2012, the payments receiving which includes the severe disability element is the same as before, and that works out correctly but no backpayment as from Jan.

The start date for receiving weekly payments is for this week.

Comment

Still not heard from Child Benefit, so again wrote a 3rd letter, and sent it to the further education dept.
            I assumed that if Child Tax were payable for via children, it should stand for chb as well.

Will get my MP to chase up, it's 3 months now!

Comment

Child benefit also now reinstated and backdated from Jan 2012, checked my account this morning.

Even though Child Tax is awarded again, they did not backdate, and I am still onto this now, as my son is disabled and received a severe element within the tax credits, they are supposed to backdate up to about 93 days.

Do not get working tax though, but glad the above is sorted, just wait for the backdating news from CTC now.

Comment

Di,

For anyone getting Working Tax Credit and where the Hours limit will increase from 16 to 24 this does not apply if you are in receipt of Carers Allowance it will remain at 16 hrs.

Just thought I would point that out as many carers are not aware.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                  Di,

For anyone getting Working Tax Credit and where the Hours limit will increase from 16 to 24 this does not apply if you are in receipt of Carers Allowance it will remain at 16 hrs.

Just thought I would point that out as many carers are not aware.

Regards
                  That's good to know Pompey, thank you so much for that. x

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
                    Di,

Hot off the press, the brand-new online resource for parents in Cardiff. See your other thread ---> allaboutFORUMS

Hope you find something useful there, do check out the library, there's over 200 publications in there!
                    Absolutely fab! thank you so much x

Comment

Still no news about the backpayments owed from Jan to March when they reinstated CTC again!

As my son has severe disability premium element with child tax, the backdating should have been automatic, I should not be begging for it.
                      Child Benefit backdated!

I posted yet a further letter yesterday, but this time to the Manager, checked on track and trace and it was received today.

Comment

Oh Di, it's so frustrating and I am sorry. Hope you get it soon
                        "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Originally posted by IF View Post
                          Oh Di, it's so frustrating and I am sorry. Hope you get it soon

Aww thank you honey.

Comment

Working...
                          X