GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Northern Rock - Together Mortgages - Unsecured Loan - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northern Rock - Together Mortgages - Unsecured Loan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Northern Rock - Together Mortgages - Unsecured Loan

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
    If the whole NRAM file has disappeared from the CRAs then those arrears from 2014 won't be detected.

However as part of the application process for a new mortgage you may be asked if you've previously held a mortgage in the last three years and if the answer is Yes you may be asked to provide a statement covering the last 12 months of that mortgage.

In your case this was a joint mortgage with a different person than the person who will be the joint applicant for your new mortgage (if you follow me). This will help as the credit scoring for the new mortgage will take into account both of your financial circumstances.

I think you'd be wise to use a broker when applying for this next mortgage rather than go direct to a lender. A broker will know how to pitch your situation and which lenders are likely to be receptive. If there is anything which flags up as not normal then your application will be taken out of the automated system and sent to underwriters to approve. This is when a broker can be invaluable since they will deal with the underwriters on your behalf. They know what to say and what not to say.

Plan B x

is this LIKE 100%
    If the whole NRAM file has disappeared from the CRAs then those arrears from 2014 won't be detected.

Reason i ask is because we are looking to get a morgage ASAP as i am worried this will come up and cause problems

Comment

Originally posted by Ruthus View Post
      after the morg etc was paid off NR didn't send me any details for this "Delinked Loan" surely i would of have new account number - payment terms etc? i didn't get anything.

The last payment that was made for morg or any of the loans was Apl 13 - i had decorated the house to a salable condition as we had tenants in there for 4 years . . . .

So they are now chasing the 16k unsecured loan - and yes it is DrydensFairfax .
      It nearly always is Drydens Fairfax in situations like this

If the property had been let for four years prior to the sale where was the lender's correspondence going if neither of you were living in it ? This is important because it was a joint mortgage so was there any possibility that letters were sent to your ex at another address? I think you should send a SAR to NRAM to get the full file history asap before the solicitors get nasty. You need the ammunition to protect yourself.

As far as I can tell the unsecured loan "Ts & Cs" were part of the original mortgage "Ts & Cs". It seems that when the mortgage element was redeemed (either through a remortgage or a sale) the unsecured 'delinked' loan interest rate rocketed to up as much as 12.9% despite being charged at the same much lower interest rate as the mortgage at the outset (and throughout its life). It's possible that some of these loans may be legally flawed.

You need to answer the question as to how much was the original unsecured loan for? Was it above or below £25k?

If the last payment to the mortgage was April 2013 and you sold the property in December 2014 then you would have had twenty months arrears, not the seven months arrears which is what you've previously said.

Plan B x

Comment

i went to see a morg consultant on sat and i did say i had a morg previously - she asked when and i said 2006 and she said oh that fine but actually what she meant was when did i get rid of it - do i say something or not?
        We cannot give you mortgage advice.

My personal advice is always tell the truth in life because if you don't it may come back to bite you on the bum.

As I said before, the mortgage application will be scored on both you and your new partner's financial circumstances. There's no second guessing the success or failure of it because the lender will consider a mass of information not just your previous mortgage repayment record.

Plan B x

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
          It nearly always is Drydens Fairfax in situations like this

If the property had been let for four years prior to the sale where was the lender's correspondence going if neither of you weren't living in it ? This is important because it was a joint mortgage so was there any possibility that letters were sent to your ex at another address? I think you should send a SAR to NRAM to get the full file history asap before the solicitors get nasty. You need the ammunition to protect yourself.

As far as I can tell the unsecured loan "Ts & Cs" were part of the original mortgage "Ts & Cs". It seems that when the mortgage element was redeemed (either through a remortgage or a sale) the unsecured 'delinked' loan interest rate rocketed to up as much as 12.9% despite being charged at the same much lower interest rate as the mortgage at the outset (and throughout its life). It's possible that some of these loans may be legally flawed.

You need to answer the question as to how much was the original unsecured loan for? Was it above or below £25k?

If the last payment to the mortgage was April 2013 and you sold the property in December 2014 then you would have had twenty months arrears, not the seven months arrears which is what you've previously said.

Plan B x

The unsecured was originally for £20k - they knocked some money off that due to mis-wording so £16k is what we owe.

The solicitor letter said 7 month - i will get the letter and scan tomorrow for you to read

Thanks for all your help

Comment

The unsecured was originally for £20k - they knocked some money off that due to mis-wording so £16k is what we owe.

. . . i will get the letter and scan tomorrow for you to read
            Okay, scan and email the letter to me using PlanB@all-about-debt.co.uk. Don't post it on the forum.

It sounds like they've already compensated you for the interest they charged while the account was in breach of s.86 but that doesn't mean they've got everything else tickety-boo.

Plan B x

Comment

Email arrived and the plot thickens

Send a SAR to NRAM asap. That will show whether any payments are being made direct to them by your ex as he claims to be doing in that 'document' you've sent to me. If it turns out he's lying then he'll be in trouble big time with the court (the OP has a CCJ against her ex ).

The SAR will also have the full financial history of interest charged and the original Together Mortgage agreement and Ts & Cs etc.

Here's the AAD SAR Template Letter:

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post495040

Also send a s.77 CCA Request to NRAM with a copy to DrydensFairfax. That should shut them up for a bit. This is an unsecured loan (always has been) which is regulated by the CCA.

Here's the AAD Template Letter for s.77 Requests. Don't forget to enclose the £1 statutory fee and send it Royal Mail Recorded Delivery:

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post495038

Plan B x

Comment

Thank you so much for all your help/advise - sending the letters off today so will keep you updated on any responses

Thanks again you really have been a great help x

Comment

Hi all

please see the responses that i today received - how do i upload these?

Thanks

Comment

You shouldn't upload publicly here so please tell us the basic info from the letters.

Thanks.
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                      You shouldn't upload publicly here so please tell us the basic info from the letters.

Thanks.

i sent an s.77 CCA Request i received a copies of the agreement, copies of some of the other documents mentioned in their agreement but no statement of account?? despite asking for this in the letter -

Comment

Can you email me (unedited) and I'll check it for you.

Thanks.
                        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Ruthus just wanted to pop in and say a belated all the best with this. Sorry to read your ex has dropped you in it. You are in good hands now.
                          Cheers
                          SA
                          When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

i sent an s.77 CCA Request i received a copies of the agreement, copies of some of the other documents mentioned in their agreement but no statement of account?? despite asking for this in the letter -

Any idea where i stand with this please - still haven't revived a statement of account despite it being asked for on my S 77cCCA request

Many Thanks

Comment

Working...
                            X