GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Advice please - Card stolen, used to obtain Wonga Loan and money withdrawn! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice please - Card stolen, used to obtain Wonga Loan and money withdrawn!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Advice please - Card stolen, used to obtain Wonga Loan and money withdrawn!

Thanks everyone. I took the weekend off and just relaxed, enjoyed family time, and put these to one side but back on it now.

I've made versions of both the Wonga letter (thanks SnV) and the SAR (thanks Niddy) and have those ready to go once my son has signed them. I'll get a postal order tomorrow and send the whole bundle recorded delivery.

Still waiting to hear from O2 but as they say ' no news is good news' - or so I hope

Comment

Originally posted by LATE View Post
      Thanks everyone. I took the weekend off and just relaxed, enjoyed family time, and put these to one side but back on it now.

I've made versions of both the Wonga letter (thanks SnV) and the SAR (thanks Niddy) and have those ready to go once my son has signed them. I'll get a postal order tomorrow and send the whole bundle recorded delivery.

Still waiting to hear from O2 but as they say ' no news is good news' - or so I hope
      Good Everybody deserves to relax at least some of the time. :P

Similarly to O2, my partner had to raise a fraud investigation on her Vodafone account. Although, couldn't find who did it However, not to say this will be the case now. Let's hope we can find out who's doing this to you and your family.

The below was placed on her account:

Flash 1: *** FRAUD VICTIM ***

A fraudster knows sufficient information about this customer to pass standard DP verification checks.

Any requests to make changes to this account (e.g. address / PIN / price plans / email address) or requests for equipment orders MUST be confirmed by making an outbound call to the customer on the oldest number on the account to verify the request PRIOR to any action being taken. CHECK THERE ARE NO DIVERTS BEFORE MAKING THE OUTBOUND CALL. Failure to adhere to this instruction may result in disciplinary action.
      I would assume O2 would do the same. Let's hope we get this sorted for you.

TibetanMonk
      On Debt Row

AAD has so much to offer and wants so little back. Take advantage while you can.

Comment

I have a pass-phrase. Just ask them to add it. When you call they always ask for it.

Easy
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          I have a pass-phrase. Just ask them to add it. When you call they always ask for it.

Easy
          I do too, I normally forget it, then spend 15 minutes trying to pass security. By that point I get fed up and say i'll go into store :P

TibetanMonk
          On Debt Row

AAD has so much to offer and wants so little back. Take advantage while you can.

Comment

Just realised an update was in order so he we go :-)

• O2 have confirmed my son's name and address were used fraudulently and have dissociated him from the (now closed) account. They have also recorded the fraud with CIFAS.
            • The letter of complaint to the Halifax brought a response from customer services (I think) saying they agreed the case had been handled badly so gave my son £50!
            • Wonga - still waiting following the request for all information held about my son but as it was delivered 1/5/14 there is still plenty of time for them to reply

All in all, seems to be proceeding well - I'll wait a little while before getting the Experian report to check his credit record as we don't know what's happening with Wonga (though no more requests for payment have arrived).

Thanks everyone for your help.

Comment

That's such good news. I'd also fight to the death to help my daughter prove her innocence

Don't disappear because we'd love to know how the identity thief pulled this off. We can all learn from that.

Comment

Brilliant news LATE
                "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Originally posted by LATE View Post
                  Just realised an update was in order so he we go :-)

• O2 have confirmed my son's name and address were used fraudulently and have dissociated him from the (now closed) account. They have also recorded the fraud with CIFAS.
                  • The letter of complaint to the Halifax brought a response from customer services (I think) saying they agreed the case had been handled badly so gave my son £50!
                  • Wonga - still waiting following the request for all information held about my son but as it was delivered 1/5/14 there is still plenty of time for them to reply

All in all, seems to be proceeding well - I'll wait a little while before getting the Experian report to check his credit record as we don't know what's happening with Wonga (though no more requests for payment have arrived).

Thanks everyone for your help.
                  Good stuff Late - good to know that at least 2 out of the 3 have (finally) started to behave reasonably.

With regard to checking credit file get your son to register with Noddle first - its free rather than pay money to Experian
                  "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Plan B - not sure we'll ever find out how they did it as once they're satisfied it goes very quiet!

If - thanks

SnV - I have a Noddle account but found more on my Experian one when I went to check them all after a credit file clean up! Just cleaned everything up so I'm happy now. However, Noddle says you need the details of a card account held for at least 3 months and my son's account is a new one so we might have to wait a bit longer before trying to get one for him.

Thanks again folks.

LATE

Comment

we went down to buy $'s yesterday,,and a couple of preloaded cash cards,,for some silly reason we had to make 3 individual transactions,,First 2 went fine..3rd one declined.....Nationwides 'Suspicous activity Dept' (or some such name) had flagged the unu;sual activity and blocked the card,,we went to bank and sorted it but am quite pleased it did trigger an alarm
                      Inca has left the building,too old to keep reading HISTORY that others keep re-writing.

I was there,,I saw what you did,saw it with my own 2 eyes.wipe off that grin,I know were you've been,it's all been a pack of lies.....(Phil Collins,Coming in the air tonight)

Comment

Working...
                      X