GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cancelling CRA's clarification please - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cancelling CRA's clarification please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cancelling CRA's clarification please

Got a call from the Bank today checking whether I wanted to cancel my CPA, despite me handing in the letter last week, and having numerous calls with several frontline staff. They had my letter on file, but just wanted to double check

Remember I had been reassured last week, that everything was in hand, and had got a callback to reassure me.

I am so glad I moved money from that account, because these people don't know what they are doing, and don't seem to communicate with each other.

Comment

Hi Cecilia

Just caught up on this one.

TBH this is completely outrageous (though not a surprise, and the main reason why I ALWAYS suggest that anyone with a PDL changes bank accounts or at the very least reports their debit cards as lost/stolen).

At the very least you MUST lodge a formal complaint about this. There is NO reason for bank counter staff to not be aware of the Payment Services Directive and Payment Services Regulations.

The fact that you had to go away and print off the relevant legislation and present it to the bank staff is extremely insulting not to mention how they tried to fob you off to use telephone banking. As counter staff there should be very little that they are unable to do compared to a call centre operative based in Bangalore (or other outsourced operation).

You should raise a complaint through your banks normal complaints channel, and they they fob you off again (which is highly likely) take your complaint to the FOS who should rule in your favour. There is NO excuse for this. At best its shoddy training given to staff by the bank, at worst they are deliberately refusing to co-operate for reasons only known to themselves (I was told by an insider at another bank that they try to fob off customers cancelling PDL CRA's as they know why people are doing it and they also raise flags that the individual may be in financial distress).

Hopefully the FOS would find in your favour and you'll get a little redress for being the complete runaround.

Best
      SnV
      "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
        Hi Cecilia

Just caught up on this one.

TBH this is completely outrageous (though not a surprise, and the main reason why I ALWAYS suggest that anyone with a PDL changes bank accounts or at the very least reports their debit cards as lost/stolen).

At the very least you MUST lodge a formal complaint about this. There is NO reason for bank counter staff to not be aware of the Payment Services Directive and Payment Services Regulations.

The fact that you had to go away and print off the relevant legislation and present it to the bank staff is extremely insulting not to mention how they tried to fob you off to use telephone banking. As counter staff there should be very little that they are unable to do compared to a call centre operative based in Bangalore (or other outsourced operation).

You should raise a complaint through your banks normal complaints channel, and they they fob you off again (which is highly likely) take your complaint to the FOS who should rule in your favour. There is NO excuse for this. At best its shoddy training given to staff by the bank, at worst they are deliberately refusing to co-operate for reasons only known to themselves (I was told by an insider at another bank that they try to fob off customers cancelling PDL CRA's as they know why people are doing it and they also raise flags that the individual may be in financial distress).

Hopefully the FOS would find in your favour and you'll get a little redress for being the complete runaround.

Best
        SnV
        SnV,

The whole experience was very stressful that day. I will get round to complaining once I have sorted the other stuff out. It is about priorities at the moment. Your'e right about flagging stuff on the system, as the day I went to collect my new card, I had to go through a lengthy security check.

Comment

Working...
        X