GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cancelling CRA's clarification please - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cancelling CRA's clarification please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cancelling CRA's clarification please

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
    Remember, no matter what the staff member tells you, its your account, you can stop any payment you like, if they dont agree, ask to speak to someone more senior. good luck.
    Thanks you will definitely hear what happened, fingers crossed.Reading lots on the other site of banks ignoring instructions, and accounts getting emptied. I will be assertive.

Forgot to say three months ago I had put the wrong pay day in when reloaning with a PDL. It was my error, as I was filling in application while rushing off. Have done this before, and a pop up has come asking me whether my details have changed, then rectified immediately. Anyway, this time I got it wrong, and realised I had put my pay day a week early. I rang my bank and asked them to stop payment for that day, but to take payment from that PDL a week later. Spoke to Telephone banking several times, on different days, got names and times. The PDL were still able to take money from my account, not the full amount, but smaller amounts. So despite all my efforts, they still had access. That week, I was without money, then they took their balance the following week. I had called the PDL and explained to them several times that if they looked at my records they could see I had been paid on the same day every month, and this time it was an error. They checked, said yes, but still took the money. So I don't have faith in giving instructions to my bank, although that time it was all verbal.

Comment

Originally posted by cecilia View Post
      I have decided to go to my branch and speak to a member of staff, and hand the letter over in person, cancelling all payments connected to the card.
      Don't forget to tell them card is lost/stolen that card will be cancelled and no payment will be authorised youll be fine.

Comment

You can indeed cancel a CPA and the bank must act

Comment

Read a thread on another forum, and the PDL's managed to get information on a new debit card when it had been changed, without the individual's consent from

http://www.visadps.com/services/visa...t_updater.html

Has anyone had any experience of this, on here?

Comment

As vint said if you cancel a CPA banks must honour this. If you go into the bank get a name, date and signature from the person that you have told.
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by cecilia View Post
              Read a thread on another forum, and the PDL's managed to get information on a new debit card when it had been changed, without the individual's consent from

http://www.visadps.com/services/visa...t_updater.html

Has anyone had any experience of this, on here?
              Bloody hell they must be so unlucky, if it was me I would pay up. just joking.

Comment

That site is an American one so chances are, without looking into it any further that it only applies "Across the pond" where financial law / regulations are different.
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Just read through all the PDL threads, a lot of information to take in. I will be defaulting in a few days. Something that concerned me from some old threads was when trying to make a repayment offer PDL's asking for proof of payslips, and bank statements. I have two PDL's which I took out years ago that asked me for copies of bank statements and pay slips when I took out the loans, it started off as cheque cashing. I know Salt and Vinegar is not online at the moment, but noticed he said never give out payslips and bank statements. This was done years ago, will it be problematic when I default, as they have this info on their systems?

Do I wait until I default before I contact them, to say I am experiencing difficulties.

I know some PDL's can't enter into any agreement with you anyway, until you have defaulted.

Comment

The bank statements and payslips were 'years ago' so aren't relevant now. You only have to give that information to a court.

Comment

payslips and bank statements from years ago, have nothing to do with your current circumstances, i may of earned 100k last year, doesnt mean i do now, nor have it in my bank.

Comment

Thanks cymruambyth and Sxguy,

If I can recall one PDL may have asked for recent ones at the beginning of the year, when they stopped the cheque cashing. The other did not. I am still employed, and my pay has not changed. However, they could see from my Bank statement very clearly, how many PDL's I was juggling. It was not a new loan, just a move from renewing cheques to paying them a set amount every month, until it was cleared.

Comment

The point is, it doesnt matter what they think they know, what is true or what isnt. They have no hold over you. You are the one who has to deal with this, they dont care ultimately about your situation.

Spend some time here at AAD and you will quickly learn, that you need to focus on what you need to do, and forget about what they may think or feel about it.

In all honesty, it really doesnt matter what wage slips and bank statements they have. In the scheme of things it means nothing, once defaulted, the interest will stop, you can either decide to not pay them, or agree a repayment. If they ask you to provide proof of hardship, thats your choice, many of us will say dont do it. At the end of the day, they are going to most likely sell the debt on to someone who wont care what your payslip or bank statement says, and will be willing to accept a repayment should "you" wish to.

Please try to stop worrying about what they can see, or whether it will make them look at you in a different more friendly light, it wont. You need to concentrate on sorting yourself out, forget what they may or may not think, they all play the same game regardless of who you are.

Comment

If you get any hassle from bank when canceling the CPA just show them this it is black and white

http://www.fca.org.uk/news/continuous-payment-authorities

http://www.fca.org.uk/news/continuou...nt-authorities
                            Last edited by pompeyfaith; 26 August 2013, 21:37.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
                              The point is, it doesnt matter what they think they know, what is true or what isnt. They have no hold over you. You are the one who has to deal with this, they dont care ultimately about your situation.

Spend some time here at AAD and you will quickly learn, that you need to focus on what you need to do, and forget about what they may think or feel about it.

In all honesty, it really doesnt matter what wage slips and bank statements they have. In the scheme of things it means nothing, once defaulted, the interest will stop, you can either decide to not pay them, or agree a repayment. If they ask you to provide proof of hardship, thats your choice, many of us will say dont do it. At the end of the day, they are going to most likely sell the debt on to someone who wont care what your payslip or bank statement says, and will be willing to accept a repayment should "you" wish to.

Please try to stop worrying about what they can see, or whether it will make them look at you in a different more friendly light, it wont. You need to concentrate on sorting yourself out, forget what they may or may not think, they all play the same game regardless of who you are.
                              Thanks for clarifying that. I am getting into focus mode, and hope I can sort this out. When I cancelled the card,they said that I needed to inform anyone that I had a CPA with, that card had been cancelled and would not go through. If only I believed them. Read too many stories on here, and elsewhere. Will drop my letter off this week with instructions, and get it signed for.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                                If you get any hassle from bank when canceling the CPA just show them this it is black and white

http://www.fca.org.uk/news/continuous-payment-authorities

http://www.fca.org.uk/news/continuou...nt-authorities
                                Thanks will let you know how it goes.

Comment

Working...
                                X