GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Pet Insurance - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pet Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pet Insurance

Thanks AC - my dog is with sainsburys and I will keep her with them due to her ongoing illness i just want to make sure that is always covered.

but I must admit the way the excess is going up and up and up i and thinking more and more about the cats and keeping them insured. The last time i took the cat to vet it came to just about the excess - also the oldest cat is 13 and they really ramp it up for the OAP's

I will be off comparing later - will let you know what I get.

Thanks Billy that is really handy to know.

x

Comment

got really cheap insurance with Petpals/Pet Protect, got it through Quidco so got cashback too!!! worked out about £10 per month, doggle is big lab and is five

Comment

O cheers Mrs D! will try that

Comment

I was with Petplan as they were the only ones who insured for ongoing conditions. However, when it started costing me more to insure my dog than my car I thought something had to go.

I knew he would not get insured against the ongoing condition with anyone else, but equally knew what the vet always gave him to cure an ear problem.

I now risk it and buy the medicines from abroad. Touch wood for three years it has paid off, so theoretically I should have well over £1000 put aside for vets bills. Only thing is.............

You can guess the last bit!

Comment

We are with petplan and have been very good, they have alrady paid out over 6.5k on an operation she had on her leg.

It is for that reason casper that we are staying with them, she has been insured with petplan since she was 7 weeks old.

She is a well loved animal so on that respect any price increases we feel are justified.

As the saying goes better the devil you know!!!!!!!!

BTW petplan also paid our vets direct promptly which was a great help, furthermore all the animals documentation will be with one insurer and one vet.

Regards
            Last edited by pompeyfaith; 22 July 2011, 22:47.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cat View Post
              My advice: shop around and read the exclusion and limitation clauses, carefully.

I was shocked recently to see what breeds they do not insure!
              They wouldn't insure my pet, even after I'd supplied her NI number.

Comment

LV are also quite good.

The main thing to check is that they cover ongoing conditions. I found that E&L were cheap but once you had made a claim anything that could possibly be associated with it eg, same leg, different condition was excluded. Another poor company was M&S, competitive quotes and premiums, although we had never claimed, once my dog reached 8, monthly premiums more than doubled to over £80!
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Caught the last 3 mins on 'BBC1 Fake Britain' tonight about Pet Vet Insurance ashes Scam......Internal Forum Link: HERE
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I just rang my pet insurer, as I wanted to check the excess on the policy I have for my dog (I know I've got it here somewhere, but couldn't be arsed to look for it). Anyway, she confirmed the excess for me, then asked

"Have there been any changes?"

Now I wasn't quite sure what the hell she was talking about, so I confirmed that yes, he was still three, he was still chocolate in colour and he was still called Oscar - but he is now a cat.

I could hear her brain ticking and with slight concern in her voice she asked

"Are you joking?"

Stupid woman!
                    If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by diddlydee View Post
                      I just rang my pet insurer, as I wanted to check the excess on the policy I have for my dog (I know I've got it here somewhere, but couldn't be arsed to look for it). Anyway, she confirmed the excess for me, then asked

"Have there been any changes?"

Now I wasn't quite sure what the hell she was talking about, so I confirmed that yes, he was still three, he was still chocolate in colour and he was still called Oscar - but he is now a cat.

I could hear her brain ticking and with slight concern in her voice she asked

"Are you joking?"

Stupid woman!
                      Perhaps she wanted to know if Oscar had got married?

Comment

Married? He is only 3, CC.

sigpic

Comment

Or 12 in human years (nope that's still too young) lol

Comment

Originally posted by diddlydee View Post
                            Married? He is only 3, CC.
                            But 21 in "doggy years".

Comment

Well thats as maybe. But unless he can find an ordained doggy, then he's still three.......and my baby boy ain't marrying no bitch!

sigpic

Comment

Actually 28 never knew that I always thought it was 1 to 4

http://www.purina.co.za/Home/All+Abo...In+Human+Years

Comment

Working...
                                X