GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script NOVA DIRECT EMERGENCY HOME INSURANCE & BOILER SERVICING - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NOVA DIRECT EMERGENCY HOME INSURANCE & BOILER SERVICING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOVA DIRECT EMERGENCY HOME INSURANCE & BOILER SERVICING

03/08/2020 - Been a pantomime for nearly a year now:- first of all took out emergency home cover last September,(2019) paid extra for Boiler servicing rang their office to clear up a few points on the boiler servicing as they stated needed proof serviced last 12 months, pointed out no BUT Worcester Bosch did upgrade to boiler and issued certificate of worthiness, they came back and asked for copy then agreed covered. They also told me to ring up in 2 weeks to arrange boiler service which I did - it was pointed out to me that the contract was for service 2 weeks prior to end of 1st year cover?? small print? so I contacted them and stated then if that is the case my Boiler service request would at that time be void at that stage as nearly 2 years since Worcester Bosch work done = their rules -- therefore contract not fit for service?/ asked to cancel policy, told have to pay to not renew:- 1 Dec 2019, 17:07
    cancellation fee £4.98 + non renewable fee£4.99 = as not been cancelled BUT non renewal = then the fee is Not £9.98. are you saying you will keep both parts reg.

duly did, then told no refund on the Boiler extra cost. Well after complaints etc etc and a long time after threatening with regulator complaints somebody rang and tried to over voice me every time I tried to speak, I held my cool (blimey me) consequently they must of realised I was not going to be trod on they offered the £75 service charge I had to pay in 2019 because they would not do it and employed another service agent to keep myself within their rules as I pointed out I would of fallen foul of their rules if not serviced. (Note the extra payment for boiler cover not refunded only cost of employing and paying extra for another engineer to service boiler to comply with requirements)_ so basically the whole cover was some:- £155. out of pocket.

But what was ignored was that in February this year I rang as a water leak from inside the boiler, after 15 minutes of questioning was passed to some lady who stated as I had stated I had turned off the electrical switch as it was very near the leak so as to isolate the plugs and electric (common sense)??_ then there was no emergency, and no assistance will be afforded>>?? water leaking still? managed to get somebody eventually local and had to pay them seems a joint leak within panel area inside boiler> Have thanked them for the Boiler external service Refund but pointed out that the emergency water leak completely ignored and the complaint (Initial) is still in force> so awaiting more responses?

Read many Reviews since and the amount of complaints as they cover car./ home/ etc etc is quite worrying and seems insurer is Irish Insurer based if I remember correctly, - Forewarned is Forearmed!!!

Ironically I have managed to have a complete New central heating system installed/updated under schemes - therefore could not even if wanted to have a service done as under warranty which includes 1st year service within contract with supplier.
    Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 19 January 2021, 04:37.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

It occurred on: 5/02/2020

This meant that 1st:- I had (£75) to get a service done as when informed call in 2 weeks after setting up policy???? which I duly did, then the above what happened speaks for itself - and finally no response to the last E-Mail on list?

2nd:- When I rang for emergency service early in this year I was asked so many questions about the leak from my boiler? then it was passed to a lady who stated you reported that advice from somewhere was to turn off the electrical supply as it is close to the water leak = which I did as advised for safety element! She came back with Quote:- YOU DO NOT HAVE AN EMERGENCY NOW THEN???????

Refund the cost of this policy as not fit for purpose, even to the extent of "Unfair Contracts" whereby the human right to not renew at a later date is penalised by charging for the privilege of not wanting to renew a policy ? sufficient time has been given for them to respond as allowed more time due to virus circumstances?
    actual date on their records??

from notes made on complaint (initial) to them!
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I had boiler insurance with Corgi,
      2 weeks before Christmas 2018 noticed a drip from base of boiler, called corgi, someone will be out asap, can you put a bowl under it, ok.
      3 days later phoned them again, said it was nowgetting worse, plumber called said he would be here following day,
      he turned up had a look said a piece of pipe had split and would order the part,called an hour later to say he would be here the following Monday.
      well he was a no show, tried calling him all day nothing,
      tuesday called corgi, explained the 1st plumber had not returned or called, said they would call me back,
      wednesday called corgi, what the chuff is going on??
      they can't get intouch with the enginer so they are trying to find another one. , call from next boilerman, will be here in the morning,
      when he turn's up say's he can get the part in a couple of day's, BUT, want's me to remove my base cupbord and worktop as it may not be secure for him to lean on it.
      say's the boiler is in the wrong place,
      get a call from Corgi, about 2nd boilerman siting H&S, ask if they are going to pay for joiner to remove and replace cupboard, plus can they send a third plumber as this one moved the pipe and now kitchen is flooding, the second one said he was a boiler engineer not a plumber, he didn't do pipes.
      told me I had to pay and find a joiner myself, IT'S CHRISTMAS, THEY ARE NOT WORKING. woman laughed and said phone us back when you get the cupboard removed.
      I spent Christmas, mopping the floor, emptying bowls and tring to cook lunch with the dishwasher in the middle of the kitchen,
      contacted a local lad who came out on the 27th fixed the pipe that was leaking, but then said i needed to turn off the boiler and disconect the water to it, as the leak in the boiler was spraying into the wall and could drain into the switch underneath, said he could fix the boiler but couldn't get the part till the following week.
      No the boiler wasn't in the wrong place, just the engineer being a job's worth.

very big complaint to Corgi, who contacted me, said they had listened to the calls and were willing to pay the bill for the local plumber, Plus 10% off next years contract. Accepted the bill being paid, told them where they could shove the 10%

now use local lad to service boiler at much less cost, but will need new boiler soon, no problem he can do that also.

Comment

Ah! like 2018 (Regulator) (GAS SAFE) = the people who state after a complaint against a gas fitter servicing so called,(Manufacture engineer asked why is he servicing boiler when he was here to check a fault - I pointed out the 2 day old servicing certificate) he then stated all the readings are wrong and the boiler in wrong place?? he stated before investigation? I pointed out stated mid winter since I had somebody else correct problem and did not allow them time to investigate (can take up to 30 days) then complaint cannot be held, you know 2 foot snow and temperatures very low? engineer (Worcester Bosch) refused after stating he would give report about the servicing changed his mind and said not his job?
        Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 8 August 2020, 09:12.

Comment

British Gas service contracts are exactly the same. I had a new boiler installed, a local guy installed it and serviced it for first two services. Unfortunately he moved out of area so wife decided BG would be a good bet so signed up to 12 month service contract. First year was a fiasco with their Admin side of things in that they sent the engineer to a house two doors away and serviced their boiler under our name, when questioned BG said didn’t have our address despite sending letters to us. It was an admin error on system. Refunded years fee and sent engineer to service boiler. We were advised to call early to book an engineer if wanting to use for warranty of boiler services. So second year called to be told it’s too early call nearer to time required. So called 6weeks prior to required date and told sorry no appointments for 3months. Accepted as it would have been slightly over the 12 months but within a tolerance allowance. Then they cancelled appointment wanting to rebook a further 4 months in advance!!
          well made a complaint to be told by executive complaints department that they are within their rights as service is anytime within the 12 month period. Wouldn’t accept any scenario that I put forward such as well that means you could serviced the boiler in the December at the end of the 12 months then in the January, the start of the next 12 months. Wasn’t told any of this at the time of accepting contract, apparently it is in the small print, which I don’t believe to be correct as small print is for insignificant information not important decision making information surely. So compliant is now with the FOS. Waiting for their response prior to pursuing further. However truth be told I don’t expect much from FOS or any other authority as these big companies seem to get away with murder.

Comment

British gas the people who had a young guy service a Baxi Bermuda Back Boiler in late70/early 80s, 3 foot snow outside he decided to condemn the boiler and put security notice on it stating flue not good enough etc so with wife and 4 children tried to get a builder out to check couple days later a builder I knew came with team and took back the walls and found flue run & scratched their heads as nothing wrong and the house was ex council house only built 2 year before, eventually a BG Inspector arranged with builder to meet at my house (then) and admitted nothing wrong, went away the builder put walls back etc and refused to charge me ( they had a lot of work off me thru my company I worked for luckily BUT BG Sacked the young man, but never ever apologised or even attempted to offer cash to builder> we froze for 3 days due to the idiot at BG,.

Comment

as far as FOS if they do nothing at least they keep records as if too many complaints one business they act, told NOVA woman that she paid back the extra money for service i paid for, before mentioning that she was adamant no refund.

Comment

6/08/2020 =Have submitted to FOS pack with information.

Comment

09/10/2020 = in the hands of FOS,

also Policy Direct complaint with FOS after months of proving they signed for package containing the complaint and documents they needed. back in July 2020 (another case insurance claim+) (same company I am told as NOVA)
                  Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 10 October 2020, 16:42.

Comment

I can tell you that FOS did not cover our complaint apparently and referred us to some other body for utilities?? Didn’t bother.

Comment

utilities i.e.:- gas/elect etc??? mine is well in system it seems Novo after 3 months trying to give me DSAR , but want me to chase and download the rubbish they produced so I have stated hard copy, ICO involved on that aspect the main one is non supply of emergency call outs with boiler leak, and telling me as I was advised to switch off at the plug no emergency now (electrical plug near leak) and that in their view water leak inside somewhere in the Boiler is not an emergency anymore> ?????????

Comment

23/11/2020 - 12.41 pm - Just wanted to confirm that your request is considered as complex as it spans across both sides of the business, Nova Direct and PEX Insure, and multiple departments. With this in mind the 30 day timeframe is extended by 60 days and therefore we have until 23rd January 2021 to respond in full, although I do not expect it to take that long.

24/11/2020 -
                        We had a conversation in early October and then again today but you have refused to speak to me to resolve this matter. These are logged and therefore cannot be disputed.

As you are unwilling to speak to me regarding this matter then I can only move this request forward based on the evidence I have. On that basis your request, as per my email dated 23rd November 2020, will be complied with by 23rd January 2021. In terms of telephone recordings as you require these sent by post can you confirm that you have the ability or equipment to listen to these if sent on a USB device/stick.

24/11/2020 = 10.59 We had a conversation in early October and then again today but you have refused to speak to me to resolve this matter. These are logged and therefore cannot be disputed.

As you are unwilling to speak to me regarding this matter then I can only move this request forward based on the evidence I have. On that basis your request, as per my email dated 23rd November 2020, will be complied with by 23rd January 2021. In terms of telephone recordings as you require these sent by post can you confirm that you have the ability or equipment to listen to these if sent on a USB device/stick:

24/11/2020 = 9.38 -
                        no phone call to me has been made?? strange.

Grant
                        A screenshot of a cell phone
                        Description automatically generated - is copy of your employees response response wording to me - i.e.:- Named - Grant
                        Home insurance was a script next to reference number as supplied by yourselves, so as to this case = emergency homecare policy as referred to nothing to discuss as the regulation is straight forward a request for All data held in my name and any manual intervention telecon recordings all records held by you in respect of myself & residence as afforded by your mail sent to me at this address, for my information on taking out such policy(s), .

24/11/2020 = 11.27 a.m. = thank you for your e-mail as pointed out to you I was out and about therefore unable to speak to you as hearing aids crackle and requested you e-mail me for the benefit of doubt, which you now have, there is no dispute, only the fact failure to supply a legally request under GDPR, the request yet again was that all information/manual intervention & incl disc recording afforded to me at the address all correspondence has been despatched in the past. I suggest that a request for disc or USB would mean able to transcribe by myself!

the messages here and diary of events my end has been up dated to reflect you responses !

Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 24 November 2020, 11:46.

Comment

24/11/2020 = Have now tried to make on line complaint to the ICO, but site ask for copies of correspondence/e - mails etc, some of which not forth coming BUT i copied what i have and responded to an earlier E_Mail from ICO and copied form etc on there, hope that suffices> so as they now trying to treat as a complaint and 60 days I pointed that point out as well,.

24/11/2020 = E-Mail opened 13.10hrs ICO receipt
                          Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 24 November 2020, 13:17.

Comment

13/01/2021 == 16.31hrs Nova agent has just rang and stated that any claim for emergency call out and the boiler leak was not covered and a servicing issue ???? well I pointed out it has been a long affair since early last year, and the ICO involved which they had till 7th January 2020 to respond to them, and she is obviously ringing in last ditch to clarify not covered??

Well so much for that she also stated i had a refund of £75 in the past, i pointed nothing to do with the emergency call out situation but a service contract mis sold to me Oh! dear, get your facts right lady

well after she tried to say the complaint has 8 weeks to be dealt with Oh! no I say this is out standing months and months ago that is why ICO gave NOVA a time limit to give ICO paperwork etc.

I told her what happened and then she suggested she dealt with me before (The woman on original assistance request though voice sounded familiar), long and short of it = i wish not to upset you any more and is it a fact you want the money back for the policy? (I stated yes you know the policy which was bought BUT not fit for purpose)!

she then stated she will look into getting policy refund I pointed about telephone calls etc cost during this trouble, she will see her manager and get back to me to-morrow, i requested no calls in a.m. as people sleeping, so E_Mail me any offer> and i can then peruse it (in writing of course for file):- shall see what next an apology would also be nice!
                            Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 13 January 2021, 19:29.

Comment

of course DSAR still out standing @14/01/2021

Comment

Working...
                              X