GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script NOVA DIRECT EMERGENCY HOME INSURANCE & BOILER SERVICING - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NOVA DIRECT EMERGENCY HOME INSURANCE & BOILER SERVICING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Tech Clerk
    replied
    FCA came back to me to update them what happened, so informed them refund+ they close the file BUT as many others the regulator will have placed before them complaints if excess about companies to peruse.
    Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 22 January 2021, 11:13.

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied
    With these so called agencies and cheaper companies you need to stick to facts and rules include IOS FCA if needed at the right time, even when as a last resort they seem to say no covered then stick you ground i.e. not fit for purpose / customer care etc etc when immediately they realise they change tune and state you want a full refund? you state also expenses on recorded delivery postage print stationary calls etc. they go away then come back with refund of cost! takes a long time but you on principle got money back & then some. also leave to ICO the complaint who records it and enough same complaint type action eventually hopefully so a double win in the end maybe?

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied
    Full refund back in account so £75 better off

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied
    Conclusion ::- got DSAR finally. Then got refunded insurance cost also extra £75 for lack of service --- £75 so in pocket, let alone ICO has complaint recorded with many others in future if a lot more investigation will take place?

Leave a comment:

• Timewilltell
    replied
    Is that acceptable?

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied
    18/10/2021 =
    Further to our call last week,

Kindly note that we are willing to offer £150.00 in full and final settlement of all complaints pending with Nxxx Direct/ xxx Insure.
    Please could you consider the offer and if you are in agreement let us know by return to allow us to process accordingly. well that part accepted and DSAR finally arrived, so two elements can be concluded.

[Message clipped] View entire message

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied
    14/01/2021 - 1630 hrs no contact as promised to day with update over complaint emergency cover

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied
    14/01/2021 = well told now DSAR is now being sent to me and that is their end completed - sorry await ICO further correspondence as they are out of time the ICO gave them .
    Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 14 January 2021, 16:38.

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied
    of course DSAR still out standing @14/01/2021

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied
    13/01/2021 == 16.31hrs Nova agent has just rang and stated that any claim for emergency call out and the boiler leak was not covered and a servicing issue ???? well I pointed out it has been a long affair since early last year, and the ICO involved which they had till 7th January 2020 to respond to them, and she is obviously ringing in last ditch to clarify not covered??

Well so much for that she also stated i had a refund of £75 in the past, i pointed nothing to do with the emergency call out situation but a service contract mis sold to me Oh! dear, get your facts right lady

well after she tried to say the complaint has 8 weeks to be dealt with Oh! no I say this is out standing months and months ago that is why ICO gave NOVA a time limit to give ICO paperwork etc.

I told her what happened and then she suggested she dealt with me before (The woman on original assistance request though voice sounded familiar), long and short of it = i wish not to upset you any more and is it a fact you want the money back for the policy? (I stated yes you know the policy which was bought BUT not fit for purpose)!

she then stated she will look into getting policy refund I pointed about telephone calls etc cost during this trouble, she will see her manager and get back to me to-morrow, i requested no calls in a.m. as people sleeping, so E_Mail me any offer> and i can then peruse it (in writing of course for file):- shall see what next an apology would also be nice!
    Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 13 January 2021, 19:29.

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied
    24/11/2020 = Have now tried to make on line complaint to the ICO, but site ask for copies of correspondence/e - mails etc, some of which not forth coming BUT i copied what i have and responded to an earlier E_Mail from ICO and copied form etc on there, hope that suffices> so as they now trying to treat as a complaint and 60 days I pointed that point out as well,.

24/11/2020 = E-Mail opened 13.10hrs ICO receipt
    Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 24 November 2020, 13:17.

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied
    23/11/2020 - 12.41 pm - Just wanted to confirm that your request is considered as complex as it spans across both sides of the business, Nova Direct and PEX Insure, and multiple departments. With this in mind the 30 day timeframe is extended by 60 days and therefore we have until 23rd January 2021 to respond in full, although I do not expect it to take that long.

24/11/2020 -
    We had a conversation in early October and then again today but you have refused to speak to me to resolve this matter. These are logged and therefore cannot be disputed.

As you are unwilling to speak to me regarding this matter then I can only move this request forward based on the evidence I have. On that basis your request, as per my email dated 23rd November 2020, will be complied with by 23rd January 2021. In terms of telephone recordings as you require these sent by post can you confirm that you have the ability or equipment to listen to these if sent on a USB device/stick.

24/11/2020 = 10.59 We had a conversation in early October and then again today but you have refused to speak to me to resolve this matter. These are logged and therefore cannot be disputed.

As you are unwilling to speak to me regarding this matter then I can only move this request forward based on the evidence I have. On that basis your request, as per my email dated 23rd November 2020, will be complied with by 23rd January 2021. In terms of telephone recordings as you require these sent by post can you confirm that you have the ability or equipment to listen to these if sent on a USB device/stick:

24/11/2020 = 9.38 -
    no phone call to me has been made?? strange.

Grant
    A screenshot of a cell phone
    Description automatically generated - is copy of your employees response response wording to me - i.e.:- Named - Grant
    Home insurance was a script next to reference number as supplied by yourselves, so as to this case = emergency homecare policy as referred to nothing to discuss as the regulation is straight forward a request for All data held in my name and any manual intervention telecon recordings all records held by you in respect of myself & residence as afforded by your mail sent to me at this address, for my information on taking out such policy(s), .

24/11/2020 = 11.27 a.m. = thank you for your e-mail as pointed out to you I was out and about therefore unable to speak to you as hearing aids crackle and requested you e-mail me for the benefit of doubt, which you now have, there is no dispute, only the fact failure to supply a legally request under GDPR, the request yet again was that all information/manual intervention & incl disc recording afforded to me at the address all correspondence has been despatched in the past. I suggest that a request for disc or USB would mean able to transcribe by myself!

the messages here and diary of events my end has been up dated to reflect you responses !

Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 24 November 2020, 11:46.

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied
    utilities i.e.:- gas/elect etc??? mine is well in system it seems Novo after 3 months trying to give me DSAR , but want me to chase and download the rubbish they produced so I have stated hard copy, ICO involved on that aspect the main one is non supply of emergency call outs with boiler leak, and telling me as I was advised to switch off at the plug no emergency now (electrical plug near leak) and that in their view water leak inside somewhere in the Boiler is not an emergency anymore> ?????????

Leave a comment:

• Timewilltell
    replied
    I can tell you that FOS did not cover our complaint apparently and referred us to some other body for utilities?? Didn’t bother.

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied
    09/10/2020 = in the hands of FOS,

also Policy Direct complaint with FOS after months of proving they signed for package containing the complaint and documents they needed. back in July 2020 (another case insurance claim+) (same company I am told as NOVA)
    Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 10 October 2020, 16:42.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X