GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Term Assurance etc...... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Term Assurance etc......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Term Assurance etc......

Good idea that, thank you.

Comment

They did not say a lot really, just that the case will be dealt with the relevant dept, I asked who and was just told the dept that deals with cases like this!!!

Comment

Insurance companies don't you just love them, this is the sort thing I have to put up with day in and out!!!!.

I think though I would put a formal request into Scot Wids as well, just incase.

Comment

Originally posted by mgfboy View Post
          Insurance companies don't you just love them, this is the sort thing I have to put up with day in and out!!!!.

I think though I would put a formal request into Scot Wids as well, just incase.

Will do thank you mgdboy.

Weird how I originally addressed to SW, so maybe it's all passed onto C&G now, the insurance adviser sold the policy directly in bank, so maybe it's a case of tracking down details of him as well, not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
            Will do thank you mgdboy.

Weird how I originally addressed to SW, so maybe it's all passed onto C&G now, the insurance adviser sold the policy directly in bank, so maybe it's a case of tracking down details of him as well, not sure.

There should be two files, one that the c&G adviser created and one with Scot wids.

The C&G one should have a copy of the app and the fact find and reason why letter, TOB etc and the Scot wids one will have a copy of the app and any other requests letters etc.

Comment

Gave them another ring and someone supposed to be ringing back! Gave them ample time, still waiting!

Comment

As posted on my other thread above earlier, spoken to the lady who is very nice, she said she is looking into the assurance case as well as details passed on by the mortgage adviser from the bank.

They almost gathered all the details and we should receive an update or decision within the next few weeks.

Comment

good luck DI
                  if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by nanna58 View Post
                    good luck DI

Thank you lovely nanna xxxx

Comment

Should hear something soon on this I think, even though we received letter of the mortgage matter above thread, not heard anything further on this yet, but 4 weeks should be by the end of this week.

Comment

I worked it out, on their letter it says 4 weeks, that was 4 weeks yesterday that I should have heard, but better be a bit more lenient I think lol
                        Will give another week, then the chase is on if nothing heard by then.

Comment

Letter arrived in post today, dated 18 April 2012.

Just to clarify they still currently looking into this matter, but I do have the right to take the steps to the FOS now if I want to as 8 weeks have passed.
                          They did confirm they will be writing back with a decision but no timescale given.

Will give them the benefit of the doubt on this one, another 2 weeks, then it will be all from there.

Really do not know what they find difficult about this one really, it's not exactly a PPI matter lol.

Comment

As posted in above post, letter..........

Dear

Policy Number ********

Further to my previous letter I am sorry you have not yet received a full response to the complaint you raised with us. We are still currently looking into it.

We hope our investigations will be completed shortly, so that we can send you our full written response.

As it has been eight weeks since you first made your complaint, you now have the right to refer your concerns to the Financial Ombudsman Service. I have enclosed a leaflet which provides full details of the service and how you can contact them.

If you need to speak to us in the meantime, please call us on **** *******

Yours sincerely

Customer Services

Comment

Verdict! Upheld!

How it works out:

Refund premiums paid from 26 June 2007 to 6 April 2009 £968.66
                              Add Interest from 26 June 2007 to 16 May 2009 £247.26
                              Add payment for distress and inconvenience £50.00

Bringing the total payment to = £1,265.92

Offer includes an interest payment which we have deducted income tax of 20%. If you are a non-tax payer you may be able to reclaim all or part of this tax.
                              However, if you are a higher taxrate payer you will be liable for the higer tax.

This offer is made in full and final settlement of your complaint.

(Right, so if anyone else can just confirm here, they have already deducted the tax which have given that left of the interest as listed above)?
                              It looks that way but just would be happy if someone else agrees or not?

Thank you.

Comment

Well done Di on the refund matey

I'm unsure of the tax element, hopefully someone can advise further xx
                                "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Working...
                                X