GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Term Assurance etc...... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Term Assurance etc......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Term Assurance etc......

Forgot to say, as it was Lloyds (adviser) that set this up, I assumed I would have to write to them, as you would if making a reclaim on PPI, not sure if it differs in regards of making reclaims of these types of policies, so shall just have to wait for a response.

It was posted by signed for delivery yesterday, checked Track and Trace, and it's currently still going through the system, maybe too earlier for them to add the details of proof on there right now, so will check again later.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
      Forgot to say, as it was Lloyds (adviser) that set this up, I assumed I would have to write to them, as you would if making a reclaim on PPI, not sure if it differs in regards of making reclaims of these types of policies, so shall just have to wait for a response.

It was posted by signed for delivery yesterday, checked Track and Trace, and it's currently still going through the system, maybe too earlier for them to add the details of proof on there right now, so will check again later.
      Yep always write in the first case to the broker that sold it.

Comment

Originally posted by mgfboy View Post
        Yep always write in the first case to the broker that sold it.

Thank you.

Comment

I have been trying to search the key features to the 2001 policy, the one I have here is that of hubby's and about the decreasing cover, the one I want to check out if the key features, exclusions for critical illness (level term).

I know due to family history lots of illnesses were listed on my forms, can remember that well lol, so any idea if Scottish widows will send me a copy of this, even if I did cancel this in 2009?
          I tried googling for the year, but no luck up to now, unless nothing's changed.

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
            I have been trying to search the key features to the 2001 policy, the one I have here is that of hubby's and about the decreasing cover, the one I want to check out if the key features, exclusions for critical illness (level term).

I know due to family history lots of illnesses were listed on my forms, can remember that well lol, so any idea if Scottish widows will send me a copy of this, even if I did cancel this in 2009?
            I tried googling for the year, but no luck up to now, unless nothing's changed.

Cheers.
            HI Di

If you disclosed all the family conditions on the app, unless the underwriter rated or put exclusions on the policy when it was issued. The normal policy conditions would apply, what are you trying to prove or find out???

Also the critical illess condition would probably be the same between the level and decreasing term, it is with most insurers. But bank assurance is a law unto it's self!!!!

As for the file ,I would have thought they should still have a copy of the KFI on it.

Comment

HI Di

If you disclosed all the family conditions on the app, unless the underwriter rated or put exclusions on the policy when it was issued. The normal policy conditions would apply, what are you trying to prove or find out???

Also the critical illess condition would probably be the same between the level and decreasing term, it is with most insurers. But bank assurance is a law unto it's self!!!!

As for the file ,I would have thought they should still have a copy of the KFI on it.

Hiya

I found one of the policy details, and it says to refer back to key features and exclusions, which I could not find for that actual policy, so if they are the same and nothing's changed, then I do not see any need in searching for it.
              Thank you.

Comment

Postie been, not yet received an acknowledgement letter from Lloyds, hopefully sometime this week.

Think it did state on their website they will send a letter within 5 days, and obviously if they are unable to deal with it right away, they will let us know.

"
                We are committed to providing products and services of the very highest standards. If you feel that we haven’t lived up to your expectations in any way, we’d like to know so we can put things right for you.
                We’ll do all we can to resolve your complaint by the end of the next business day. If we can’t do this, we’ll write to you within five working days to tell you what we’ve done to resolve the problem, or acknowledge your complaint and let you know when you can expect a full response. We’ll also let you know the name and contact details of the person or team dealing with your case"

Comment

Almost forgot to post on this one.

They have wrote back to say this matter is being looked into.

Comment

No updates up to yet, I expect it will go the full 8 weeks.

Comment

Just re-read the letter again and it does say, be in touch in the next 4 weeks but they do have 8 weeks etc........the usual lark!

Comment

Received letter, not resolved yet, sent them all I could in relation to the issue, but as always they want more time lol.

Dear

Policy Number *******

Further to my previous letter, I am sorry you have not received a full response to the complaint you raised with us.

The reason we have not finished our investigation is because we're still in the process of collating information that will enable me to provide you with a full and complete response to your complaint.

We will write to you again within the next four week, with with our final decision or an update.

If you need to speak to us in the meantime, please call us on XXXXX XXXXXX

Yours sincerely

Customer Services.

Comment

In other words they are say they have lost the file!!!!!! ( or the file doesn't tie up!!!)

Comment

In other words they are say they have lost the file!!!!!! ( or the file doesn't tie up!!!)

Lol was thinking the same.

Wonder if I should send them other relevant info I have?
                            Shall I do you think?

Comment

A thought have come to mind, now the letter's are actually being sent from C&G not Scottish Widows, so yes it's possible they may be having difficulty in collecting the info.

Comment

IF you have the policy no's just ring the scot wids customer help line and see if they have the query logged,

Comment

Working...
                                X