GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cashing in your Pension pot....? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cashing in your Pension pot....?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cashing in your Pension pot....?

Be careful when they do as if you take the pot then where is the pension credits going to come from? they would no doubt state you used your own money instead of a pension Annuity therefore why should the people give you money to replace that spent!! ??????????????//

nobody has answered that question as I see it!
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
      Be careful when they do as if you take the pot then where is the pension credits going to come from? they would no doubt state you used your own money instead of a pension Annuity therefore why should the people give you money to replace that spent!! ??????????????//

nobody has answered that question as I see it!
      Hi,

I won't do anything until it's all explained don't worry but surely if I've paid my NI then I'm entitled to my state pension or pension credit. This £30.00 monthly amount was a small private scheme where I took a lump sum in a failed attempt to prop up my business and am left with this small amount each month. If I could get whatever is left I could do more with that than what I can do with that figure each month

Comment

can understand if couple of small ones, but any major ones need a lot of thought, fore warned is for armed
        Attached Files
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Just to reiterate - ANYTHING said on this thread is done so based on member opinion and AAD Ltd is not endorsing, monitoring or moderating comments. We suggest you seek proper, professional financial advice regards your pension and should NEVER take anything discussed on a public forum as anything other than chit chat.

Please bear the above in mind.

** mods - please ensure this post appears on each new page within this thread. Thank you.

Niddy
          Webmaster allaboutDEBT Limited
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Only just seen that this has been delayed now until 2017

http://citywire.co.uk/new-model-advi...-plans/a825410

Comment

Now cancelled. So much giving people who had no choice the same rights as the new rules. That's fooked me right up

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/g...dary-annuities

Comment

it was riddled with complications tbh...and as I said earlier the profit private co's were looking at would be too much for the annuities to bear. am sorry for those who hoped for a pot of cash but maybe in years to come that little bit extra will come in handy. Overall the UK has made a complete **** of the pensions . They should have kept SERPS and allowed private investment in that.

Comment

I was really banking on getting a small lump sum. £30 per month does nothing for me, MP's dont have to worry about such things

Comment

Working...
                  X