GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Di's hubby/Lloyds Credit Card/PPI - FOS - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Di's hubby/Lloyds Credit Card/PPI - FOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Di's hubby/Lloyds Credit Card/PPI - FOS

Thanks Niddy, it all helps , and yes still waiting on the mortgage....may chase them up about that one actually, cheers. x

Comment

Di, Well done you for getting all the money that you should have received?

Whilst I have never to my knowledge ever been sold PPI as I have always declined it as a self employed person, I have been thinking a lot about about the complex calculations of PPI and wondered if the FOS actually check the calculations or just accepted the word of the bank or just give the straight 8%.
      I am sure as eggs are eggs yet again the people will be at the short end not getting what is fair.

xxx
      Last edited by Tuttsi; 27 February 2011, 09:38.
      My site name is after General Tutts who won a famous battle at Newbury many moons ago 1643 - I hope to win all my battles and will fight to the bitter end.

Comment

Thanks Millie

On hubby's behalf, if I did not bother sending in the calculations and making my point of the mis calculations, I really don't think they would have bothered, but as the case was resolved and upheld by them, I believe it was down to them to check it out and to again put it right.

Comment

But thats my point hun, had you not gone back to them to check it they would still have short changed your hubby and did you just accept their figure or did you get some help with the calculations to know if they were correct in the end?

I just have my suspicions that the FOS do not check this point out in respect of correct return of interest and that your o/h was at the mercy of the bank.

Originally posted by di30 View Post
          Thanks Millie

On hubby's behalf, if I did not bother sending in the calculations and making my point of the mis calculations, I really don't think they would have bothered, but as the case was resolved and upheld by them, I believe it was down to them to check it out and to again put it right.
          My site name is after General Tutts who won a famous battle at Newbury many moons ago 1643 - I hope to win all my battles and will fight to the bitter end.

Comment

Originally posted by Milly88 View Post
            But thats my point hun, had you not gone back to them to check it they would still have short changed your hubby and did you just accept their figure or did you get some help with the calculations to know if they were correct in the end?

I just have my suspicions that the FOS do not check this point out in respect of correct return of interest and that your o/h was at the mercy of the bank.

Well I am not good at working out figures to be honest, but hubby pointed them out, to be at least £300 down, with interest etc, and when we emailed all the docs n to them, the adjudicator said it seems something is amiss, even though it had taken 6 months or more before they paid the bank paid the remainder out, so for him to receive the above stated total he was very chuffed with that.

However, back in 2007 which was my VERY first reclaim ever, I did not know much about it then, but it was mis sold, this was with NEMO, that one went to the FOS taken about 15 months in total to deal with, they paid out almost £11K and the adjudicator asked us to let us know when it was paid and the amount, so we informed her and without our knowledge she must have checked something out realising something was not right, and a few weeks down the line she contacted us to inform us she got hold of Nemo and a further cheque was due to us of over £2K.
            She said they underpaid on interest and something to do with a low rebate on settling that they missed.

I used to think how amazing they were, but not so much anymore, as said that was the first reclam ever made, but this time round with Lloyds it was us that realised the low amount hubby was previously paid and not them.
            Last edited by di30; 28 February 2011, 15:45.

Comment

Working...
            X