GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Life after credit cards - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Life after credit cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Life after credit cards

Angelic - so well done on getting your CC's cleared. I do know what you mean about parting with them..... I still have mine......... although they are worthless! silly eh

Pixie the NSD challenge really helped me no end and now we have our savings challenge... we'll be rich i tell you rich!!!!

Jade - things like hiring a car is and can be a pain - so what happened you just couldn't get one?

Comment

Originally posted by Sunnylooloo View Post
      Jade - things like hiring a car is and can be a pain - so what happened you just couldn't get one?
      took a plane to get there

Comment

hi,
        In USA you can hire a car with alamo using a debit card or a cash deposit, most others do require a credit card..
        Helmsman
        Last edited by helmsman; 25 February 2011, 19:37.

Comment

Originally posted by jadex View Post
          Sometimes life is hard without CC.
          I needed a car for a few days but couldn't rent any without credit card.
          Not only big corporations but also all local small companies do require credit card or sometimes two CCs to cover possible damage costs.
          Was interested to find this thread! It's almost as if I've been wanting to confess my guilty secret -- of having kept one credit card which I always pay off in full each month that I use it, or top it up to create a credit balance on it. I've managed to cling onto it in order to be able to hire cars sometimes when I need to (as I don't own a car!). I understand the desire not to have any more borrowing or credit (I don't want any myself), but I'd be in a bit of a tight spot if I were near-enough prevented from hiring cars!

When my card expired a few months ago, I was expecting the company to not issue me with a new one, but they did! Not sure how that happened, given my trashed credit rating ...

Comment

I joined this forum to help with my mothers debt. However i have been credit card free since 2004 when i went voluntary bankcrupt.

Sometimes i wish i had something to fall back on if im short, but mostly, i work on the fact that, if i dont have it, i dont need it.

I always put aside the money i need for things, and anything left over is a bonus, I can saftely say, i will never get another credit card again.

Infact the only debt i have is a mortgage now. Which i should be able to pay off in around 20 years or so. Im not to bothered about that.

Its funny, did you know the latin for mortgage is death grip? lol i wonder why!
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
              I joined this forum to help with my mothers debt. However i have been credit card free since 2004 when i went voluntary bankcrupt.

Sometimes i wish i had something to fall back on if im short, but mostly, i work on the fact that, if i dont have it, i dont need it.

I always put aside the money i need for things, and anything left over is a bonus, I can saftely say, i will never get another credit card again.

Infact the only debt i have is a mortgage now. Which i should be able to pay off in around 20 years or so. Im not to bothered about that.

Its funny, did you know the latin for mortgage is death grip? lol i wonder why!
              Hi,
              CLEVER CLOGS would have known.

Comment

I knew!

Well, an O level in Latin has to come in useful sometimes
                Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                X