GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script VANQUIS NOW MOOR CROFT for PRA - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VANQUIS NOW MOOR CROFT for PRA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6/8/2023 = Email sent Complaint and compensation letter.

7/8/2023 = Thank you for your complaint received on 7 August 2023. It is always disappointing when a customer is concerned about our service.

I would like to assure you that we take all complaints seriously, and as such I have started a formal investigation into your concerns. Please find enclosed a copy of our complaint's procedure leaflet, explaining how we will deal with your complaint.

Should there be anything further you wish to bring to our attention, please let us know via the contact details located within the “get in touch” section on the letterhead.

Yours Sincerely,

Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 7 August 2023, 12:55.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Consumer Duty changes:- (Looks to me old FCA info in new guidelines)

you should not contact customers at unreasonable times and you should pay due regard to customers’ reasonable requests in respect of when, where, and how, you can contact them.

some firms are still sending misleading communications to customers in relation to statute barred debts. In particular, some firms are misleading customers by suggesting or stating that they may be the subject of court proceedings when the firm knows or ought reasonably to know that the relevant limitation period has expired.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
        6/8/2023 = Email sent Complaint and compensation letter.

7/8/2023 = Thank you for your complaint received on 7 August 2023. It is always disappointing when a customer is concerned about our service.

I would like to assure you that we take all complaints seriously, and as such I have started a formal investigation into your concerns. Please find enclosed a copy of our complaint's procedure leaflet, explaining how we will deal with your complaint.

Should there be anything further you wish to bring to our attention, please let us know via the contact details located within the “get in touch” section on the letterhead.

Yours Sincerely,

7/8/2023 - Response email we will look into this and have 8 weeks under FCA rules for complaints maybe shorter, sent a reply GDPR 30 days as per ICO this matter comes under Breach security.

Comment

Electoral Commission targeted in hostile cyber attack.

https://www.politico.eu/article/uk-e...e-cyberattack/

“During the cyberattack, the perpetrators had access to the Commission’s servers which held our email, our control systems, and copies of the electoral registers,” the Electoral Commission explained in a blog post.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post
            Electoral Commission targeted in hostile cyber attack.

https://www.politico.eu/article/uk-e...e-cyberattack/

“During the cyberattack, the perpetrators had access to the Commission’s servers which held our email, our control systems, and copies of the electoral registers,” the Electoral Commission explained in a blog post.
            British airways and many other companies

Comment

15/8/2023 = Final response :-

PRA fobbed off email says they have done investigation indicates some of the information was copied in the cyber attack by an unauthorised third party from files contained in the MOVEit system. The data likely to have included personal information, such as your name, date of birth and contact details. but does not include debit card information. we assure you that we have acted swiftly and took the necessary actions in regards this breach, we took steps to isolate the problem from our systems as soon as we aware of it,

bla bla go to FOS if you are not happy.

took 2 months before telling my snailmail.

a copy of ICO letter I sent them:- (PRA),.

Dear Sir/Madam.,

Reference: xxxxxxxxxxx

1st June 2023 - you state breach personal data.My security information has been Breached.

On 3rd August 2023 (2 months later) I was informed of this situation.

Your failure to secure and delay in notifying me has put me at risk.

The General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) has direct effect throughout the European Union from 25 May 2018. The GDPR forms part of the data protection regime in the UK via the UKGDPR,effective from 1 January 2021, together with the Data Protection Act 2018, also applicable from 25 May 2018. UK updated 2023.

The General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) has a direct effect.

My data has been breached in contravention of these laws and am entitled to compensation for the said Breach & Failure of PRA Group to Act in a timely manner informing client.

Having suffered stress, loss and inconvenience and spent a lot of time checking accounts and investigating areas of concern and studying cases reported to ICO & FCA. b

Extended time having to change passwords and other security.

Refer you to:- (GDPR), The Court of Appeals in London decided in case Vidal-Hall and others v Google Inc. that a claim for compensation can be made for distress suffered by the victims of privacy breach even though there was no financial loss.

We Advise you must be vigilant now of suspicious activity now .
              Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 14 September 2023, 08:31.

Comment

15/8/2023 = Final response :-

PRA fobbed off email says they have done investigation indicates some of the information was copied in the cyber attack bu an unauthorised third party from files contained in the MOVEit system. The data likely to have included personal information, such as your name, date of birth and contact details. but does not include debit card information. we assure you that we have acted swiftly and took the necessary actions in regards this breach, we took steps to isolate the problem from our systems as soon as we aware of it,

bla bla go to FOS if you are not happy.

took 2 months before telling my snailmail.

a copy of ICO letter I sent them:- (PRA),.

Dear Sir/Madam.,

Reference: xxxxxxxxxxx

1st June 2023 - you state breach personal data.My security information has been Breached.

On 3rd August 2023 (2 months later) I was informed of this situation.

Your failure to secure and delay in notifying me has put me at risk.

The General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) has direct effect throughout the European Union from 25 May 2018. The GDPR forms part of the data protection regime in the UK via the UKGDPR,effective from 1 January 2021, together with the Data Protection Act 2018, also applicable from 25 May 2018. UK updated 2023.

The General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) has a direct effect.

My data has been breached in contravention of these laws and am entitled to compensation for the said Breach & Failure of PRA Group to Act in a timely manner informing client.

Having suffered stress, loss and inconvenience and spent a lot of time checking accounts and investigating areas of concern and studying cases reported to ICO & FCA. b

Extended time having to change passwords and other security.

Refer you to:- (GDPR), The Court of Appeals in London decided in case Vidal-Hall and others v Google Inc. that a claim for compensation can be made for distress suffered by the victims of privacy breach even though there was no financial loss.

We advise you must be vigilant now of suspicious activity now .
                The Tech Clerk Well Done!! Because it goes with their Licensing. Plus the additional stress of association with a know and Global Debt Collection Group. The knowledge of that single factor could actually result in subsequent financial loss because of its potential impact on Credit availability!!
                Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 16 August 2023, 05:51.

Comment

16/8/2023
                  Data Protection Information Notice (PRA Group UK) 2023

PRA Group UK
                  https://pragroup.co.uk › uploads › 2023/03 › D...
                  20 Mar 2023 — The Data Controller of your personal data is PRA Group (UK). Limited located at PO Box 26249, Kilmarnock KA3 1HA. (hereinafter “PRA” “we” “our” ...
                  3 pages

Comment

16/08/2023 = Complaint sent to the FOS with proof posting obtained to-day.
                    Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 16 August 2023, 10:38.

Comment

28/8/2023 - FOS rang me lunch time I was napping, said which case PRA (awful line noisy as call centre background and with hearing aids difficult to hear.,) asked hold on a moment, to get shoes on and get file, they had put phone down on me.

29/8/2023 - FOS email form to fill in and give details etc form is filled in personal details from their file, must be well known to them over the years:- never got them on my side yet?

Comment

13/9/2023 = PRA email trying to contact you ??????????????????????? bla bla make payments to us not vvvvvvvvvvvvv UgH??????/ same one year or more ago? thru Moorcroft.,, then look at my name 1st part correct them mumble jumble different letters then surname? wonder ongoing from the June 1st 2023 Breach of my data?
                        Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 13 September 2023, 15:55.

Comment

6/10/23 = PRA state please change bank detail for payment to us only. No details.

7/10/23 = to PRA what account number also detail amount

9/10/23 = response we offer you a discount of ??????????????wait for it wait for it///£45.00 ahh!! think I am a mug to get mugged?? not asked that, responded that it was not what I asked for also they have outstanding information. which they failed and now is with authorities. still awaiting answer to that one?

17/10/23 = Email stating that a offer previously sent would I like copy NOOOOO., and that we ask for payments to be made direct to us, now an account details at last, BUT can I supply income etc NOOOOOOOOOOoo. also who you have complained to and what is it about so we can help? Nooooooooooo . what date will you pay and how? Noooooo.

Note:- not telling them that CCA1974 request years ago outstanding, but until alledged figure they say I owe is well below £1000, I continue as before,

Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 17 October 2023, 15:42.

Comment

17/10/23 = Received paperwork to fill in from A Regulator and send back soonest,

Comment

17/10/23 = Received paperwork to fill in from A Regulator and send back soonest,
                              completed and sent back 30/10/23.

Comment

Working...
                              X