GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script VANQUIS NOW MOOR CROFT for PRA - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VANQUIS NOW MOOR CROFT for PRA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VANQUIS NOW MOOR CROFT for PRA

• 19 April 2023, 12:56
      19/04/2023 = Vanquis has sold alleged debt to PRA group, but keep paying Moorcroft thank you for the payment keep it up. £1,171.76 no annual statements., will check back for last statement showing as they ignored offer of so much and wanted double figure as I had a great fall in income.

4 May 2013, 20:58
      Re: TTC v vanquis

Letter from Moorcroft pay up within 7 days = Vanquis who have failed to respond to e-mails and offer due to financial problems also asking for stop on interest as the payment offered would be a waste of time as interest more than wipes it out so no benefit in paying further without agreement, = e.mail ignore just computer generated responses to ring a number they are a shower of Sxxx which falls in line with Provident crooks.

Wonder if Moorcroft offer any decent discounts in a short time?
      Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 5th May 2013

6 August 2013, 13:45
      Re: TTC

VANQUIS - account

E-Mail received:- to-day:- From Moorcroft

Our system shows that you have failed to make your latest instalment on your repayment plan. Please call our offices as soon as possible on
      0161 475 2907, or via our website www.MDRL.co.uk to discuss your account.Please do not ignore this email.

The Moorcroft Group Plc.

Maybe they have they have just woken up:-

Point One:- A letter from old address in 2013 stated that I make £1.00 token payments to Vanquis direct ( still do),

Point two to them:- Demand they remove CRA search details.

[Point 3 -;- ) Charges sheet attached for cost in responding to their so called demands, another one for spam folder, they are hoping I respond no doubt,, they stated originally that I agreed to £1.00 payment to them, their interpretation of my comment to them that I was making that payments to Vanquis (Impact) direct.

Will not be responding as treating this as a trace E-Mail, and put it into spam area! ??

2 years later they try to contact via E-Mail, 1st contact since sending the above, E-Mail address? got from
      Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 19 April 2023, 13:13.
    • I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deletd your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.
    Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 21 April 2023, 06:38.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

19/4/2023 = Been paying Vanquis £10.00 a month Moorcroft appeared couple years ago again and stated they have the account so keep paying, now Vanquis sold to PRA at an inflated amount £ 1,100+ will find default notice they are outstanding CCA1974 also outstanding £12.00 charges reclaim., in back years.

So maybe PRA will suggest a full/final in near future Might send Vanquis DSAR. as that should help details.
    Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 21 April 2023, 06:38.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

If they had sent annual statements in line with their obligations, there would have been an audit trail establishing current balance. Convenient omission on their part.

Comment

19/4/2023 == found old default notice £2,198.64 (Moorcroft PRA state now £1,171.76

as per above utter confusing.

OK! start working on this one. default notice wrong: :-?

22/03/2013 = received letter = Notice of default dated 14th March 2013 - received 22nd March 2013. service date?

Actual default pay up by 2nd April 2013, No actual date of issue on it???? Bank Holiday is Monday 31st March 2013 weekends.bank holiday = Not Working Days.

Even allowing sat 14 working days + 4 actual days = 18 days, minus bank holiday Monday = it took more than 4 days through their system to reach me in fact 8 days. De-minimus comes to mind?`2
        Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 20 April 2023, 10:42.

Comment

due t illness back then they refused £20 per month as not in their brief lines.

No Annual Statements since then.

Last one dated:- 7th March 2013.
          Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 20 April 2023, 12:51.

Comment

PRA Group:- Just bit Info:-

Some activities by this firm may not be protected

This firm is shown on the Register because it is now, or was previously, approved by the FCA (or relevant regulatory body). As a result, you may be able to complain about this firm to the Financial Ombudsman Service. If this firm goes out of business owing you money you may be able to claim compensation from the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). However, this is not always the case and these organisations may not cover some of this firm’s activities. If you would like to check what is and what isn’t covered, you can ask this firm to confirm this to you in writing. There’s more information on the Financial Ombudsman Service’s websiteopens in a new window and the FSCS’s websiteopens in a new window about the kind of complaints and claims they can help with. The final decision on whether or not they will consider any complaint or claim is for the Financial Ombudsman Service or the FSCS.

Comment

3/8/2023 = PRA - Email:-Recent cyber security issue associated with MOVEit.,m a widely used file transfer system, has impacted a number of organisations worldwide., including PRA Group (UK) Limited Reg Office etc etc etc.

Weare writing to let you know that this issue affected certain of your personal data, We take the confidentiality of your data very seriously and are providing thjis notice to explain what happened and action we have taken. new about this June 1st 2023 (Noe August 3rd 2023)?

Bla Bla Bla

We regret inconvenience this may cause you and are alerting you about this issue so you can take steps to help protect your information from potential risks such as exposure to phishing communications, such as emails, calls, texts,from third parties. bla bla bla

No recompense? no wonder so many phishing USA phishing emails ans calls most reported to Action alert last couple months.

Comment

The GDPR gives you a right to claim compensation from an organisation if you have suffered damage as a result of it breaking data protection law. This includes both “material damage” (e.g. you have lost money) or “non-material damage” (e.g. you have suffered distress).

Comment

Why Could You Sue A Company For A Data Breach?

You could sue a company for a data breach because:
                  • Your personal data was compromised.
                  • It was the fault of the company that had control of your personal data.
                  • You suffered psychological harm or financial loss, or both, as a result.

There are different types of data breaches including:

Confidentiality Data Breach – occurs where there has been an unauthorised or accidental disclosure of, or access to, personal information.

Availability Data Breach – occurs where there has been an accidental or unauthorised loss of access to, or destruction of, personal information. This could happen after a cyber-attack, for example.

Comment

anybody been down this route?

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                      [B]
                      Availability Data Breach – occurs where there has been an accidental or unauthorised loss of access to, or destruction of, personal information. This could happen after a cyber-attack, for example.
                      Is there any further guidance on this type of breach? eg limits to liability, or proving that an organisation did not take sufficient steps to prevent breaches due to cyber attack? I believe that the NHS, and perhaps some gov't departments have also suffered data breaches in the past, but don't know if they were subject to any claims or sanctions.

Comment

Taking your case to court and claiming compensation

Information Commissioner's Office
                        https://ico.org.uk › data-protection-and-journalism › t...
                        Do I have to go to court to get compensation for a breach of data protection law? The GDPR gives you a right to claim compensation from an organisation if you ...

Comment

Anybody not happy a ICO suggested letter of complaint to - Organisation.

Data Protection Complaint

[Your full name and address and any other details such as account number to help identify you]

I am concerned that you have not handled personal information properly.

[Give details of your complaint, explaining clearly and simply what has happened and, where appropriate, the effect it has had on you.]

I understand that before reporting my complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) I should give you the chance to deal with it.

If, when I receive your response, I would still like to report my complaint to the ICO, I will give them a copy of it to consider.

You can find guidance on your obligations under information rights legislation on the ICO’s website (www.ico.org.uk) as well as information on their regulatory powers and the action they can take.

Please send a full response within 30 days. If you cannot respond within that timescale, please tell me when you will be able to respond.

If there is anything you would like to discuss, please contact me on the following number [telephone number].

Comment

4/8/2023 =In early June 2023, organisations throughout the world suffered cyber-attacks through hackers exploiting a vulnerability in Progress Software's widely used MOVEit file transfer tool to access their IT systems. Responsibility for the cyber-attacks was claimed by the notorious Russian ransomware group C10p (Clop). As a result of these cyber-attacks, the personal data of a large number of individuals held on these IT systems has been hacked.

One of the organisations affected is Zellis, a company providing payroll services to a range of other companies in the UK, including British Airways (BA), BBC, Boots and DHL. As a result of the cyber-attack on Zellis, the personal data of current and former employees of BA, BBC, Boots and DHL has been accessed.

Besides Zellis, a number of other UK-based organisations have either come forward themselves, or have been identified by the hackers, to confirm that they have been affected by the cyber-attack. These include Transport for London, Ofcom, Shell, Ernst & Young, AON, PwC, MS Amlin, Digital Insight Technologies Ltd, De La Rue and Level 8 Solutions.

In some of these cases, the organisations held personal data provided by other companies. So, for example, the data breach of AON’s IT system seems to include the hack of personal data of DPD staff, which DPD appears to have shared with AON in connection with the provision of employee benefits.

The hackers are continuing to identify new organisations affected by the cyber-attacks daily and, in some cases, are posting the stolen data on their darknet site.

We are investigating claims for compensation on behalf of those individuals affected by the data breach for the failure to keep their personal details safe and the distress and / or financial losses that this has caused. If you are an employee / ex-employee of BA, BBC, Boots or DHL who has been personally affected by the data breach, then click on the appropriate link below and follow the instructions to join the claim.

Comment

What are the examples of data breaches?
                              The 7 Most Common Types of Data Breaches and How They Affect Your Business
                              • Stolen Information.
                              • Ransomware.
                              • Password Guessing.
                              • Recording Keystrokes.
                              • Phishing.
                              • Malware or Virus.
                              • Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS)

Comment

Working...
                              X