GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Yorkshire bank credit card - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yorkshire bank credit card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From what i can see the last payment was in 2007 so not sure if the balance was cleared or not, i'm trying to claim back charges and interest from them.

Comment

They rejected my claim on the basis that too much time had passed and wouldn't entertain the idea, is it still possible to get them to even though it's been so long?

Comment

Originally posted by Daz_Easty View Post
        They rejected my claim on the basis that too much time had passed and wouldn't entertain the idea, is it still possible to get them to even though it's been so long?

If they rejected your claim for being time barred (in their view) then you can escalate your complaint to the FOS who may take a different view. They may not, but it's free to use and the bank will have to pay around £550 for the investigation even if your complaint isn't upheld.

What I'm trying to help you establish is whether the 'remnants' of this debt still exist if there was an outstanding balance when you stopped paying Yorkshire Bank. And if so is there a remote possibility that you may have paid any subsequent owner or acknowledged the debt within the last six years enabling them to chase you now if they become aware of your existence.

You've found a letter from Brunswick Collections which was a Debt Collection Agency acting on behalf of the bank, not a debt purchaser.

If the debt was subsequently assigned/sold the details of the transaction should be somewhere in your SAR.

Di

Comment

There's nothing to say so just a list of transactions made on the account and payments up to 2005.

Comment

There's nothing to say so just a list of transactions made on the account and payments up to 2005.

So does the last transaction show a positive balance or a negative balance in 2005?

It was so long ago it's possible that they've not retained the data which could be one reason why they are not entertaining your complaint.

Di

Comment

It was a negative as i still owed and was paying in installments, anyway i've put in a complaint to the FoS so see if i get any joy from them

Comment

i've put in a complaint to the FoS so see if i get any joy from them

Good!

Di

Comment

Working...
                X