GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Please Help - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Everyone,

I have received the attached letter from Barclaycard and would appreciate any advice anyone feels they can give?? My gut feeling was to ignore it as I've not had any other contact from them at all further to what I said above.

Thanks
    Kate

BKCD.pdf

Comment

i would be tempted to take it, but it is only a small amount and while they are not annoying you, it may be best to leave well alone.

NW
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Many thanks for that answer Nightwatch.

Things may have just escalated and I'm really worried now!!!

You may have to read my first post on the last page to remind yourselves of my case.

My hubby and I share a mobile number which I now think Barclaycard have on my accounts as well as the land line.

Earlier I had a text saying 'Please phone Westcot about your debt|.'

I read online they are a debt collection agency!

Do they collect for Barclays?

I have had nothing in writing from Wescot or Barclaycard to say they've sold the debt

I really can't cope with this just before Christmas.

Thanks
        Kate

Comment

OK this is what is called " a fishing exercise", they will text to see if they have the right person, can you block the number? do not speak to them on the phone, wait till you get the letter saying which debt they are calling about.

typical of them to do it at this time of year, think nearly every one gets something in the post around now,never a card wishing you all the best for the Xmas season.
          they just want to worry you this near to the "Holiday season", don't get into a panic.

I was just thinking about your earlier post, thinking it was strange that they hadn't passed it on yet, lots of people on here have had the same letter, BUT, their money has been paid to the company it has been passed/ sold to.

as soon as you get the letter from Wescot let us know.
          we are here to help

NW xx
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Nightwatch,

Hope I haven't made too much of a boob but was so worried about them texting again (OR WORSE PHONING!!) that filled out their online enquiry form explaining haven't got the letter (perhaps because the post is currently being diverted), asking what it was about and requesting they only write/email.

Hope I haven't messed up Paranoid!

Thanks
            Kate

PS: I could block the number but have found before that if they ring they get the opportunity to leave voice messages.

Comment

OK , not a major problem, but may of said it is Hubbys phone so ask that it is not used as your number under data protection Act, they may now use it as an intimidation method.

wait and see what theysend next, if they message you text back as writing only,
              please do not reply with out letting us know what they send.
              now could be a good time to send a CCA for each account and post up each one as a seperate entry

original owner
              when taken out
              ammount owned
              last full payment

do not let hubby panic, point him in the direction of my diary for barclaycards , nightwatch and hubbys diary of debt.
              we can and will help you all the way with this,

not easy but can be done , we are here for you.

NW xx

Comment

Hello,

many thanks!

Just to check if they text again you are saying text them back saying ‘This is my husbands phone so please don’t contact me on it under the data protection Act and to contact me in writing/email only?

Are they not likely to:
                Text again anyway as might be difficult to prove, or even ring loads?
                Hassle me for an alternative number?

Is there anything else worth doing to put them off until after Xmas? For instance one of my friends was in debt a few years ago and used step change and the bank immediately stopped contacting her.

Thanks again
                Kate

PS: Are you sure these numbers can be text back?

Comment

Originally posted by Shower_Queen View Post
                  Hello,

many thanks!

Just to check if they text again you are saying text them back saying ‘This is my husbands phone so please don’t contact me on it under the data protection Act and to contact me in writing/email only?

Are they not likely to:
                  Text again anyway as might be difficult to prove, or even ring loads?
                  Hassle me for an alternative number?

Is there anything else worth doing to put them off until after Xmas? For instance one of my friends was in debt a few years ago and used step change and the bank immediately stopped contacting her.

Thanks again
                  Kate

PS: Are you sure these numbers can be text back?
                  sorry I meant to say, if they keep texting or start phoning, you can use the harrasment template from this site, or, if you have given them an email address and they message you through that,just say you want the number removing as it is your hubbys not yours,

Comment

OK so not by text then OK

No reply to my email yet which I guess is not surprising

Also for others info whatever I did I couldn’t get Wescots online form to work, well not so you would have noticed, so sent to their actual email address on the site (contact us I think) which thinking about it is better for me as I have a copy of what was sent but just wondered what other people’s experience were and if it was done to encourage people to phone.

Regards
                    Kate

Comment

I have used the harassment letters to good effect in the past they have almost always worked, particularly if you say it is not your number. They may well write back saying this is the number we were provided with blah blah but don't stress about that

Comment

Originally posted by Shower_Queen View Post
                        OK so not by text then OK

No reply to my email yet which I guess is not surprising

Also for others info whatever I did I couldn’t get Wescots online form to work, well not so you would have noticed, so sent to their actual email address on the site (contact us I think) which thinking about it is better for me as I have a copy of what was sent but just wondered what other people’s experience were and if it was done to encourage people to phone.

Regards
                        Kate
                        I never contact them, as it just proves you are the person they want to contact, I always wait for a letter, if you don't reply to the 1st one they send another.

sometimes the "on line" contact form will not work, they are hoping people are so woried that they will phone and speak to one of the " highly trained " people in the office.
                        we say that you don't contact them by phone as they can talk you into anything,
                        Always by mail so you have a copy of what is sent and received, e-mail is fine as long as you check in with us to see if you need to reply , or what might be ideal to reply with.

we keep getting messages on the phone saying " this is a personal call from Cabot, if you are available now please contact us".
                        As they don't say who they want to contact them (ME) it is ignored,
                        they have sent 2 letters, both tell me they have bought my Nationwide account and need to speak to me to arrange a way to pay,
                        they both say at the bottom, " we look forward to talking to you." I must be a great dissapointment to them.

Comment

Thanks again nightwatch and also Warwick for the input.

I must say my preference is definitely to receive email from them as I'm the only one who accesses this, but I will take care with what I reply to.

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
                          now could be a good time to send a CCA for each account and post up each one as a seperate entry
                          NW xx
                          The original company was Barclaycard. Would it be to them or Wescots?

I have read a fair bit about CCA's. In my case the cards (according to Experian) were all taken out between 2001 and 2003 which I understand helps for some reason! I do worry though what happens should they produce what is asked for, whether I have then set myself up for paying for the rest of my life. I'm assuming nobody would suggest trying to make a full and final settlement?

original owner
                          when taken out
                          ammount owned
                          last full payment
                          NW xx
                          I will do this ASAP. Do you mean create a separate new post for each actual card? Where can I see an example of where someone else has done please?

Thanks
                          Kate

Comment

Hiya, here is the link to my diary, https://all-about-debt.co.uk/forum/d...-diary-of-debt
                            seperate post for each debt, then when you send or receive anything click on the edit link under the post for that debt update it, save changes, then click 'quote' and in the message box just type update, that keeps everything in one place for each card, as you can imagine, when you look at my diary, if you don't do this, it can get quite complicated if we don't know what reply to give to each question, if we have to search through lots of comments, to find what information has been given before,

If you use the template on this site, it is worded in a way that admits nothing,
                            I would send one for each of the cards, with the fee £1 for each, send it to Barclays, it should go to wescot but they have a habit of writing back saying you should send it to Barclays, plus you don't know where the others are,( still with Barclaycard or passed to a collection company)

Collection companys are just that, the account is still owned by Barclaycard, but Wescot are collecting for them.
                            as for setting yourself up, even if the CCA is enforceable, you can offer £1 a month, as you said you have no income and own nothing ( cars don't count)

if the debt is then formaly sold on, you can offer the new owner the same ammount, but we can cross that bridge If/ when that happens
                            NW

Comment

Diary done and linked below:

https://all-about-debt.co.uk/forum/d...ueens-ue-diary

Afraid my arithmetic must have been poor when I first posted as I said debt totalled 25k, I now see its over 32K!

If you use the template on this site, it is worded in a way that admits nothing,
                              I would send one for each of the cards, with the fee £1 for each, send it to Barclays, it should go to wescot but they have a habit of writing back saying you should send it to Barclays, plus you don't know where the others are,( still with Barclaycard or passed to a collection company)
                              NW
                              Where are the CCA templates please? Found them before but can't again.

Thanks
                              Kate
                              Last edited by Shower_Queen; 11 December 2018, 23:24. Reason: Quote marks incomplete

Comment

here is a link to the templates. https://all-about-debt.co.uk/forum/t...lity-templates

Comment

Working...
                                X