GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Help for a fool - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help for a fool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help for a fool

Seconded - especially stop worrying!

Most of us have been there and know what it feels like, but there's really no point worrying.

I'm one of those posters who's been blagging a couple of enforceable debts for a couple of years.
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

yeah, stop worrying, i've been through what you're going through, these guys here helped me kick sand at one account that was SB and stick two fingers up at severeal others that were not enforcable due to errors in paperwork etc. I'm now out the other side and apart from a few fishing exercises all is fine and dandy.

Even the defaults have expired.
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Signature removed by site-admin. Please PM Niddy if you have any questions about why it's been removed.

Meany

Comment

Morning all.

I've been away for a bit, hence the reason i haven't been on here, sorry!

But now i'm back to continue stressing, and to help with this i found i lovely letter on my door mat from SCM Solicitors dated 18th May, reminding me that if i don't pay the amount owed within 14 days they will start court proceedings.

Now i really am bricking it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

How much is it asking you to pay?
          Can you think when you last paided anything?
          Did you move Bank accounts?
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

They want £2027.60 and as i said, i have no idea when i last made a payment sorry.
            No i haven't changed banks and i was hoping i wouldn't have to. Apart from me paying the full amount, which obviously i can't, is there something else i can do to stop my hair falling out, oh and so i don't have to change banks?

I feel really sick over this today!

Comment

Originally posted by wonganumpty View Post
              Morning all.

I've been away for a bit, hence the reason i haven't been on here, sorry!

But now i'm back to continue stressing, and to help with this i found i lovely letter on my door mat from SCM Solicitors dated 18th May, reminding me that if i don't pay the amount owed within 14 days they will start court proceedings.

Does it say will start court proceedings OR MAY ?
              sorry for all the queistions but we need to get a full picture......

Comment

Nice to see you back.

Please read the post I made above because it outlines what you need to do.

No i haven't changed banks and i was hoping i wouldn't have to
                Forget it. Honestly. Do you want to spend the rest of your life knowing that Fagin can pick your bank account any time he feels like it? If not, get a new one.

The old one has gone beyond the point where it can be saved. Get a new account opened yesterday, and get whatever income you have transferred into it as quickly as you possibly can.

The only way you can really suffer here is if you shoot yourself in the foot. Keeping money in a bank account owned by the same bank as the alleged debt is the absolute best way of doing that.

i found i lovely letter on my door mat from SCM Solicitors dated 18th May, reminding me that if i don't pay the amount owed within 14 days they will start court proceedings.

This is the only thing which has changed since my last post. SCaM (or SCuM in German) do litigate, so you need to take this seriously. Get your s.78 request off now and give them something to think about. At the moment they have no idea that you're not a pilchard who would just let them get judgment in default. Once they know you know your rights, they'll start singing a different song.

As for stopping your hair falling out, try shaving your head bald and then there will be nothing left to fall out.

SH

Comment

Working...
                X