GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CIFAS problem - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CIFAS problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CIFAS problem

Hi I use to bank with Metro bank and my friend wanted help so he said he wanted to use my account as a means of receiving money for his business. Soon later I got a letter from metro Bank that they have closed my account. At first I didn't complain. I then went to natwest to open an account. They denied both my standard and basic account applications. I knew something was wrong but I later went to Halifax who accepted my application but denied it staright away. They sent a letter saying I had a CIFAS marker. I don't know what to do and my parents would kill me if they know. What should I do please

they view it a money laundering due to use it was put to --- no doubt somebody will be along to advise/,, you
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi thank you very much for ur reply. I made a complaint online. They asked my to call a number. I also went into the branch as advised by a friend but they told me to come on Monday. I need advise on which step to take

Comment

see what they got to say, as money laundering is a problem this day and age, as for letting a businnessman use your account sets alarms - be honest the Banks are/were the money launderers not peeps originally.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Ok. Luckily I still have the guys number and am trying to get him to admit it so I can use it as a proof. Will that help anything?

Comment

at least the truth would be stated if they did and show reason for the tranactions

Comment

Ok thx for ur help. I'll let you know what the update is

Comment

Comment

Comment

Hi, I went to the bank on Monday and spoke to the branch's assistant manager. He was very helpful and friendly. I explained everything to him but he said there was nothing they can do and advised me to write another letter to the head office which I did with his help. He then told me that when I receive the letter from them, It would explain why they closed the account and what fraud agency has my name on their database. After that I would then have to call the fraud agency to explain what happened. He also advised me to call action fraud which I did and then took the reference number. He took the name of the guy and his number from me and sent an email to the head office about what happened with all the details I gave him. I am now waiting for the letter from metro Bank to arrive.

Comment

Hi, I went to the bank on Monday and spoke to the branch's assistant manager. He was very helpful and friendly. I explained everything to him but he said there was nothing they can do and advised me to write another letter to the head office which I did with his help. He then told me that when I receive the letter from them, It would explain why they closed the account and what fraud agency has my name on their database. After that I would then have to call the fraud agency to explain what happened. He also advised me to call action fraud which I did and then took the reference number. He took the name of the guy and his number from me and sent an email to the head office about what happened with all the details I gave him. I am now waiting for the letter from metro Bank to arrive.

Comment

ok see what transpires

Comment

Hi I am the happiest person right now. I just got the letter and they said that they closed the account because of a transfer of £150 made but after reviewing the information I gave them they removed the information from CIFAS in the terms that I won't allow any third party to use my account wherever the account may be held. But however I am not allowed to bank with them anymore. Thank you very much for being by my side and I hope God blesses you. I also pray that you will find an angel who will help you in times of your need

Comment

That's great news, good luck in opening a new account.

Comment

well done = lesson learnt, good outcome

Comment

Working...
                              X