GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Coin Deposit Machines - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coin Deposit Machines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Coin Deposit Machines

Originally posted by 5corpio View Post
    What the List or the Post?
    The post had to scroll in three directions to read it

regards
    Garlok

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
      What would they do if fed with metal discs of the same size and mass as genuine money?
      Just to be an arse ;-)

You would be surprised at the amount of checks they do on a single coin ...
      Measure the weight
      Measure the size
      Compare the position of both face and tail
      Measure electrical resistance
      Velocity the coin travels through the slot
      And i remember someone saying about the air pressure it creates as it goes througj the channel, but not to sure on that one...

Comment

Now how the hell did you know that
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          I have edited this and reduced it! - full size image is here:
          Code:
          http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/1826/20100721132006.jpg
          thank you Niddy
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
            Now how the hell did you know that
            I was technical lead on integrating several coin operated kiosks into the network at work.

Comment

Great post - been looking for one of these machines myself - lloyds, barclays or natwest ideally.....

Comment

We ended up using the Natwest one - and my friend paid it in to her account and gave us the cash - we had £284 - so that helped with the christmas shopping!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by insom View Post
                  Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                  What would they do if fed with metal discs of the same size and mass as genuine money?
                  Just to be an arse ;-)
                  No - non-monetary metal discs (as well as plastic or wooden discs) might turn up in change, having been used to release supermarket trolleys, or to operate less sophisticated 'coin in the slot' machines.

Comment

Originally posted by malamute View Post
                    Great post - been looking for one of these machines myself - lloyds, barclays or natwest ideally.....
                    To jam it?

Comment

Working...
                    X