GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script current accounts - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

current accounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: current accounts

nid, you dont have to say sorry to me lol, you have helped me out with so many bits and bobs over the years on MSE.

all of our debts are over 3 years old now, i have a copule of late payment markers in the last two years, but the wife has around 3.5 years of perfect history.

But we have not funded the account yet, so as you said earlier until she has the cards in her hands its not 100% open.

speak soon

Comment

Thanks for the above mate. I'd chuck £100 in to release card etc. The image shows you the card, so it's a 3-in-1 card. Nice one well done.

As for overdrafts, I'll show u a secret with hbos lol. How you establish what your approved limit is
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

we have just transfered £100 over from her Barclays account, so hopefully everything will be released etc

that trick is it the 9999 thing that says do you want to apply for x which is over your agreed limit of X ?

I cant get jack from my Lloyds account which is a bummer, went into my local branch they told me iam a 99 on the internal score which from my understanding is a CPD marker ? so i may have a full blown current account, but i prob wont get any credit from Lloyds until my credit report is clear in around 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by koni View Post
          we have just transfered £100 over from her Barclays account, so hopefully everything will be released etc
          Nice one mate - lets see what they send - I do hope it's the full card, that'll be cool and we all deserve to start somewhere - especially after 4.5yrs!.....

that trick is it the 9999 thing that says do you want to apply for x which is over your agreed limit of X ?
          That is one yep - well done!

I cant get jack from my Lloyds account which is a bummer, went into my local branch they told me iam a 99 on the internal score which from my understanding is a CPD marker ? so i may have a full blown current account, but i prob wont get any credit from Lloyds until my credit report is clear in around 2 years.
          Yes mate, seems like you do have a CPD - which can be appealed, argued and even reversed in extreme cases otherwise - you may be best trying for a HBOS account too.... Lloyds are garbage, absolute shyte (IMHO)
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

tried for HBOS and the computer said no lol

My report is not in as good shape as the wifes to be fair, in about a year or two i should be ok, iam not in any rush for credit to be honest.

Comment

tried for HBOS and the computer said no lol

My report is not in as good shape as the wifes to be fair, in about a year or two i should be ok, iam not in any rush for credit to be honest.
              Woah - sorry to hear that, was it an instant decline then?

Comment

yup, no pass go, no colllect 200 quid.

Just an outright decline lol

never mind, i dont need the account anyway.

Comment

the wifes card finally arrived on Friday last week, it a blue visa debit, no cheque guarentee, she phoned and asked about the cheque guarentee they said they dont issue as standard anymore, but if she wants one it is available to her and all she has to do is request it along side a cheque book and it will be on its way.

We have not written a cheque in.. erm.... god knows its been that long, so she doesnt need it anyway.

Confirmation of the overdraft arrived in the post today, but no pin yet.

speak soon

Comment

the wifes card finally arrived on Friday last week, it a blue visa debit, no cheque guarentee, she phoned and asked about the cheque guarentee they said they dont issue as standard anymore, but if she wants one it is available to her and all she has to do is request it along side a cheque book and it will be on its way.

We have not written a cheque in.. erm.... god knows its been that long, so she doesnt need it anyway.

Confirmation of the overdraft arrived in the post today, but no pin yet.

speak soon
                    Excellent news - nice one..... I guess the payment of £100 triggered release of card etc then?

Well done

Comment

yh, we did have a letter over the weekend asking for £100 funding to release the account, so you were spot on 100% correct buddy.

the stupid thing is we got the card Friday, and the welcome letter asking her to fund the account on Saturday so they could send out the card etc lol, you would of assumed that the letter would of been recieved before the card.....

wayne.

Comment

Mate it's automated. The day u paid money it it released the block so that happened at same time they wrote to u by looks of it. It's all automatic, usually they write saying fund it after 5 days...

Main thing is your mrs is back on credit ladder. Give it a year and apply to Vanquis/crappy1/aqua. However use the bank account properly and in 6mth hbos will accept her for a normal card with them - usually upto £1500 max limit.

Comment

she has got the following:

cap1 open 4 months - limit £200
                          aqua open 12 months - starting limit £200 one increase to £450
                          Vanquis - open 14 months starting limit £250 - several increases now limit is £1750

catalogue - open 18 months starting limit £125 now has a limit of £900

Vodafone contract for two phones - has been going around 18 months now.

barclays basic account
                          santander basic account

now the halifax full account

she is doing ok i guess, considering two years ago she had around 5 defaults, all of which bar one were removed due to unenforcability (mr niddy helped have them removed) and one which was added by Virgin for a bill that was paid and proved to of been paid so they had to remove it.

thanks for your help all
                          Last edited by koni; 7 February 2011, 17:35.

Comment

Working...
                          X