GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cyprus- Is this the future if your bank fecks up? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cyprus- Is this the future if your bank fecks up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cyprus- Is this the future if your bank fecks up?

The one I really felt sorry for was the man who'd taken a loan out for his daughter's education, had the funds paid into his account, only for the parasites to take their 'levy' out.
    Last edited by oldyboy; 17 March 2013, 22:35.

Comment

Originally posted by oldyboy View Post
      The one I really felt sorry for was the man who'd tken a loan out for his daughter's education, had the funds paid into his account, only for the parasites to take their 'levy' out.
      He wouldn't be liable. Technically he'd cancel the loan in line with the EU cancellation period (14 days)

Remember they're highlighting the worse case to show how bad it is. Not everything is as black and white as what we're listening to on propaganda tv news
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Abuse of power by Governments and no different really to what goes on here on our shores just look at the Cat Reilly case Won in the appeal court what do they do rush in emergency law to stop any payout which would not be so bad if it was not retrospective but it will be. Abuse of legislative power nothing more nothing less.

Comment

Interesting they are starting to report the Cyprus government could be in trouble in trying to get this through parliment and if not ratified Monday then all banks will be closed Tuesday also. To stop a run on them.

Seems strange or a massive underestimation by the politicos because if that happens a government in meltdown and a possible bank run.

Would think thats really going to help no end.

Was this just an experiment for Portugal, Spain and Italy? If they get away with it then full steam ahead for those countries. Bank runs then its only a small european backwater they fecked up.

Not that the Cypriots will be best pleased.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
            Abuse of power by Governments and no different really to what goes on here on our shores just look at the Cat Reilly case Won in the appeal court what do they do rush in emergency law to stop any payout which would not be so bad if it was not retrospective but it will be. Abuse of legislative power nothing more nothing less.
            Hmmm, no doubt you seen on my FB I actually totally disagree with the Cat Reilly verdict - lets not forget, so long as I (and other taxpayers) are funding these people to sit on their arses all day, then great - they aren't getting backdated pay. Why should they?

I'm sorry there are jobs, there are plenty of jobs - I've never claimed dole but I've worked 3 jobs at once, I have cleaned kitchens and peeled veggies all day and I have also lived off savings in the past but one things for sure, when you want to work it's actually quite easy to get work.

A student that has never paid into the system should get zilch. Nada. Feck-all.

Well done Tories, best thing you've done since getting into power.

* let me clarify, as I did on FB, I refer to long term unemployed, not those that are in and out of work and who spend less time unemployed than employed.
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Most of the people I know that went to Cyprus, did it to mover their money out of the UK into the very low tax enviroment. SO I would say that even with the one off tax hit they still are quids in and it has to be said the few Russians that I have meet in my time , where very dodgy and ran their company though Cyprus!!!

Comment

Safest place in Cyprus must be the green line area (Neutral Zone) only passers by and guards at each end.
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                  Hmmm, no doubt you seen on my FB I actually totally disagree with the Cat Reilly verdict - lets not forget, so long as I (and other taxpayers) are funding these people to sit on their arses all day, then great - they aren't getting backdated pay. Why should they?

I'm sorry there are jobs, there are plenty of jobs - I've never claimed dole but I've worked 3 jobs at once, I have cleaned kitchens and peeled veggies all day and I have also lived off savings in the past but one things for sure, when you want to work it's actually quite easy to get work.

A student that has never paid into the system should get zilch. Nada. Feck-all.

Well done Tories, best thing you've done since getting into power.

* let me clarify, as I did on FB, I refer to long term unemployed, not those that are in and out of work and who spend less time unemployed than employed.
                  Niddy whilst I agree with the principal of making people work for there benefit if it was just restricted to x hours at minimum wage totalling the sum of benefit and the rest of the time spend looking for work. I do not agree with it in its current form, did you know that even the disabled and long term ill are subject to this as well and will get a 6 mth suspension of all disability benefit if they do not conform?

I agree that the long term unemployed (shirkers) should carry the most sanctions and know of a few myself and one who lives next door is 33 yrs old and never done a hard days work in his life uses a walking stick to go to his GP only and runs about the rest of the time indeed those are the ones who should suffer

But in its current form workfare aint working and the wrong types are being unfairly treated.

There would also be more real jobs if there were not so many workfare places one of my mates was pushed out of a job he had held for 9 months so it could be given to a JC+ unemployed person on workfare working 40 hrs a week for £71 this is not an SME either but a large corporation that can afford a fair days pay for a fair days work.

Local Statistics does tell a lot and were pre 2007 there used to be 15+ pages of jobs in The News on a Thursday and Saturday now there are just 4 pages at the most.
                  Last edited by pompeyfaith; 18 March 2013, 12:24.

Comment

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-21855163

Comment

Why are they after you planB? What you done now

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                        Why are they after you planB? What you done now
                        Moi ?

Comment

stashed that doe there? said Northern Cyprus lol
                          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

So the raid has been reversed and now the banks will stay closed to avoid a run on them.

How an earth did they manage to make such a mess as this.

Germany on the sidelines now saying the banks may never open again as emergency funding runs out on Monday.

Makes you wonder where all the money is or is this just another sympton of the money system we have where there actually isnt any money just debt.

Comment

Niddys transfer

BOC -> HBOS -> £27.34 COMPLETE

Transfers still work haha

Comment

Eurozone ministers openly discussed Cyprus leaving the euro in an emergency call on Wednesday, as alarm over the bailout crisis escalates......LIVE UPDATE: Cyprus bail-out: live

Comment

Working...
                                X