GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barclays and BP and VISA time limit - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barclays and BP and VISA time limit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Barclays and BP and VISA time limit

Date you bought fuel - 27th oct 2012
    Date that payment left your account - 2 dec 2012

Going back to February. BP took an extra £52 - when? - 14 feb 2014 narrative statement matches that of 2nd December debit.

Then they paid you this £52 back again, right? When? - 5th march - narrative on bank statement is a credit from BP newnham avenue which is the same narrative as debits. I assumed it was Barclays refunding it but narrative is the merchant not Barclays refunding a in authorised transaction.

27 October £52 purchase
    2 December £52 debit - ok.
    14 February £52 debit
    5th March £52 credit = narrative says from BP but is it from Barclays but Barclays saying they incorrectly credited back the 52 in march
    Last edited by malamute; 12 March 2013, 22:39.

Comment

Gotcha. Ok I'll await that email letter in morning and ill sort you a reply
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

What a farce!
        I found this quote from a Barclaycard Procedure Guide:
        ( http://www.barclaycard.co.uk/busines...dure_guide.pdf )

4.6 Timescales to chargebacks
        A disputed transaction is normally charged back
        because either:
        • the cardholder does not recognise the transaction (eg
        they claim their card details have been used fraudulently) or
        • the transaction has been processed outside of your
        Merchant Agreement (eg Authorisation was not
        obtained when required).
        The vast majority of disputes are raised because the genuine cardholder disputes the transaction on their statement. As cardholders are only sent card statements
        once a month, it can be up to one month before a cardholderwill receive their statement and therefore dispute the transaction with their Card Issuer (eg MBNA, Capital One,
        NatWest, Barclaycard etc.).

In cases where the cardholder claims neither to have participated in nor authorised a transaction, the Card Issuer will ask the cardholder to complete and sign a ‘disclaimer’.

This is a legal document whereby the cardholder declares they did not undertake the transaction. Typically the cardholder will be given 14 days to complete and return
        this documentation.
        The Card Issuer does not notify Barclaycard of the dispute until it has received all necessary documentation from the cardholder. Visa and MasterCard have strict time limits in
        which Card Issuers must notify us of any dispute along with rules for what documentation must be provided.
        Barclaycard will automatically protect you from a dispute if the correct documentation is supplied or if the correct time limits are adhered to.

As soon as Barclaycard receives notification of the disputed transaction, we will notify you. Analysis has shown that the typical disputed transaction is notified to us approximately

50 days after the date the transaction was undertaken.
        Sometimes it may be less but often it can be more, especially in cases where the cardholder is based outside of the UK. Actual time limits vary depending on the reason for
        dispute and what part of the world the card was issued in (cards issued overseas have longer time limits to allow for postal delays). The maximum time allowed is 120 days from
        the date of the transaction.
        For transactions relating to delayed travel (eg holidays), the time limit is calculated from

the date of travel and not the date of the transaction.
        Notification of the chargebacks will either be by letter or, if you have signed up to our Faxlink service, by fax. For
        disputes where it is likely that you will have additional information that may enable us to defend the dispute, you will have 14 days after receipt of this notification to supply the
        information. For disputes where it is unlikely you will be able to defend the dispute eg
        if Authorisation was not obtained, then you may be debited at this time. If you disagree with
        the dispute it is important that you notify us with your reasons in writing within 14 days. If you fail to respond within the 14 days, or your reply is unclear or illegible, then we may not be able to defend you from the chargeback.
        Our Chargeback Education Team can provide bespoke advice as to when you should be replying and with what. They can also provide general advice on all matters relating
        to chargebacks. For tailored advice for your own business, please call us on 01604 614 012
        * (available 9.00am – 5.00pm Monday to Friday. Closed Bank Holidays). Or email us at
        chargeback.education@barclaycardbusiness.co.uk and we will get back to you within 48 hours. Please provide your contact details and Barclaycard Merchant number (found on
        your statement).
        It's common sense that the timescale runs from the second disputed transaction, not the original valid one.
        It would be interesting to phone or email their own "Chargeback Education Team"
        Last edited by Undercover Elsa; 13 March 2013, 07:44. Reason: More specific info

Comment

Yea give them a call and see what they say. If possible record the call
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
          X