GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script MattyA Bank Dilemma - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MattyA Bank Dilemma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MattyA Bank Dilemma

Originally posted by MattyA
    Hi Niddy,

Checked out the list ...not many there I am not already linked to or have been knocked back by.
    Of those left 2 are in Ireland....which leaves First Trust & Northern Bank.
    Will check these out & see who / where they are.
    Not chancing Nationwide as I dont want to rock the boat for the Mrs.
    Matty
    Matty, forget those two in Ireland, you need to be resident there mate.

Have you considered

http://www.northernrock.co.uk/savings/b ... apply-now/

http://www.coventrybuildingsociety.co.u ... nager.aspx

* Northern Rock may accept you without a full debit card, worth a go I guess? As for Coventry, this account is a cash-card but at least you can pay wages etc into it and do direct debits/standing orders etc.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt
      Originally posted by MattyA
      Hi Niddy,

Checked out the list ...not many there I am not already linked to or have been knocked back by.
      Of those left 2 are in Ireland....which leaves First Trust & Northern Bank.
      Will check these out & see who / where they are.
      Not chancing Nationwide as I dont want to rock the boat for the Mrs.
      Matty
      Matty, forget those two in Ireland, you need to be resident there mate.

Have you considered

http://www.northernrock.co.uk/savings/b ... apply-now/

http://www.coventrybuildingsociety.co.u ... nager.aspx

* Northern Rock may accept you without a full debit card, worth a go I guess? As for Coventry, this account is a cash-card but at least you can pay wages etc into it and do direct debits/standing orders etc.
      Thanks Niddy.
      Will give em a go & let you know how I get on.

Matty

Comment

Cooperative Cashminder account is a basic (if not already tried)
        Others:
        Skipton Building Society
        Clydesdale Bank
        Newcastle Building Society
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Careful, Skipton is part of Call Credit - they are a nightmare!

Clydesdale is part of Nat Australia Bank - ie same group as Yorkshire bank so cannot reapply there either
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by MattyA View Post
            Thanks Niddy.
            Will give em a go & let you know how I get on.

Matty
            I'm that bored here I am resurrecting a 2yr old thread

What account did you end up going with matey?

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post

What account did you end up going with matey?
              Bloody Hell you must be bored.............
              Last edited by AAD-LinkEditor; 17 January 2012, 04:29. Reason: And I'm editing the links he posted!
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

LOL - Just seen this.....never managed it.
                Had to get a back up in the Mrs name (Nationwide)

Matty

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                  Actually, its only 14 months old

Who was it that said I was a pedant again??

Comment

Working...
                  X