GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Reclaiming Packaged Bank Account Charges - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reclaiming Packaged Bank Account Charges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nightwatch
    replied
    If you look on the site it will tell you, I think ours was the same dates, but they took of some interest as had a better rate for overdraft, they also took tax out, but as I don't work I claimed it back.

good luck.

Leave a comment:

• Linda0704
    replied
    Thank you for replying. Do you know if there is a time limit - could I go back to 1998 + interest?

Leave a comment:

• nightwatch
    replied
    Hi, same thing happened to us, call in for a review, sign here and we had a new fee charging account with a lot of bells and whistles that we never used, appart for the overdraft,
    I did a claim back using the MSE site. free no fee

have a look and give it a go, we got quite a bit back.

Leave a comment:

• Linda0704
    started a topic Reclaiming Packaged Bank Account Charges

Reclaiming Packaged Bank Account Charges

Hi I am a new user and could do with some advice on reclaiming the charges on the Packaged Bank Accounts. I bank with RBS and since 1998 have had a packaged bank account. I was having serious debt issues in those days and was advised (told) that if I took out a Royalties Gold Account I would be able to have a substantial overdraft to help me through the problems I was having. Since then, I have continued to hold this account, converting to a Platinum Account in 2015. I have never ever used the facilities these accounts provide. I still have a large overdraft facility but have not needed it for some time as I have worked very hard to secure my financial status and have not needed to use it. I am considering claiming back the charges as I was told I needed the account at the time to enhance the overdraft facility. My questions are:
    1: How far can I go back to reclaim these charges? Can I go back to 1998 or is there a time limit?
    2: Could the Bank reduce the Overdraft facility drastically - I am not too worried about that, but you never know when you need it nowadays
    3: When my daughter requested charges back, the HALIFAX, paid her enough to clear the overdraft then closed her account! Could RBS do something similar?

I would be grateful for some advice please. Linda
Working...
X