GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Reclaiming Packaged Bank Account Charges - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reclaiming Packaged Bank Account Charges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Linda0704 View Post

Yes that's what I thought!

Did RBS give you any reason for reducing your overdraft limit facility when they did?

It's hard to believe it was a co-incidence!

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Linda0704 View Post

Hi, I am afraid the RBS turned my claim down! Surprise! They did not accept it at all. I have changed to a Reward Account and then after about two months they have reduced my Overdraft Amount by half! My point had been that they gave me a great overdraft because I was a Platinum Account. They denied it but then went and reduced it because I am no longer paying! I have not referred to the Ombudsman yet. Not sure about it. What do you think Di?

Have you now referred your NatWest packaged account complaint to the FOS?

Mine is being investigated by them after being initially reject for being out of time because NatWest didn’t give them the ‘full facts’ .

I challenged that with evidence so my complaint has now been reopened

I think this may take some time to reach a conclusion . . . .

Di

Comment

when i changed from the packaged account, to just the Royalties account, they sent a letter saying they needed to discuss the overdraft, wanted me to phone them,
        i wrote to ask why they wanted to discuss it, after all they were happy to watch us struggle to pay it back for 15 years in a fee paying account, but suddenly after 8 month in a non fee account there was a problem.
        Asked for a written explanation of what the problem was with the overdraft, never did get one,
        they did write last year saying they were reducing it, if i wanted to keep it i was to let them know, as we don't use the account we let them reduce it.

so i would say it is the same for you, you were paying for a bigger overdraft, at a preferential rate
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
          when i changed from the packaged account . . . . were paying for a bigger overdraft, at a preferential rate

I have just escalated my FOS complaint from the Adjudicator to an Ombudsman for the same reason.

I didn't qualify for any of the 'benefits' in the package, either because of my *ahem* age or existing duplicate cover elsewhere.

As far as I was concerned I was paying for a VIP service from a personal relationship manager with a dedicated mobile number.

I downgraded the account when I discovered that I could have the same VIP service without the package, and the same overdraft limit.

Since I hadn't been overdrawn for years I would at least expect a refund for the time I was paying for the bigger necessary overdraft, although it may be reasonable to offset the amount I 'saved' by getting a lower interest rate when I was overdrawn.

We'll see.

Di

Comment

Working...
          X