GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script For friend/Bank did not go into unused OD - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For friend/Bank did not go into unused OD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: For friend/Bank did not go into unused OD

Originally posted by di30 View Post
    How naughty of them I assume your mum have already been in touch with the manager?

Hope they resolve this, what a worry for your mum x
    I told her to lets see if they do it again next month, then come down hard on them, with a bit of luck she might get some compo out of it, nothing major but worth a punt lol
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
      I told her to lets see if they do it again next month, then come down hard on them, with a bit of luck she might get some compo out of it, nothing major but worth a punt lol

Good for your mum and of course with the distress they have caused as well, so they should compensate for that, it's their mistake afterall.

Comment

It appears there was a mistake on the system somewhere, they admitted on checking there was more than ample balance in the account, plus an authorised overdraft "never used".

I told her, to ask for a bit of distress compo, think she is on to that, because she also had to contact the other company as well to explain.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
          It appears there was a mistake on the system somewhere, they admitted on checking there was more than ample balance in the account, plus an authorised overdraft "never used".

I told her, to ask for a bit of distress compo, think she is on to that, because she also had to contact the other company as well to explain.
          I regularly get emails from the Co-op bank saying I Need to update my details , they don't match? Guess what I don't even bank with the Co-op bank So that must be one of these phishing mails!
          Was the person who rang initially genuine?

Comment

Originally posted by Bosieb View Post
            I regularly get emails from the Co-op bank saying I Need to update my details , they don't match? Guess what I don't even bank with the Co-op bank So that must be one of these phishing mails!
            Was the person who rang initially genuine?
            Hi

Oh yes we do have to be careful don't we?

She did show me the letter in relation of the phone call, so this actual one must have been genuine, but I know what you mean though.

Comment

Sorry forgot to update on this one, my friend received £50 into her bank account, it was down to an error.

Comment

Bank balances can be funny things, I've had problems because there is a potential difference between the cleared balance and the ledger balance, and historically all the banks record is the ledger balance!!!

The difference between the two is if a item is cleared funds or not and different banks clear funds at different times

Comment

Working...
                X